Jonny_Azrim

meet jonny azrim the 30 year old 7 year old

hello all i am jonny azrim i feel like a child trapped in an adults body I have Aspergers syndrome and lots of different learning difficulties and epilepsy and i need help finding out why i'm so childish.

I have other disabilities to but i will mention them if and when they become necessary.

(tw abuse in following paragraph) my name is jonathon mirza a name i do not like because the so called father gave me the last name and daddy was abusive and mommy adopted me from their foster child, a girl who was rapped by daddy. I never met my real mommy but my adopted mother is in hospital and her dementia is getting worse and she could never understand my problems in the past or help me she certainly cant now. I am 30 years old and I do not feel like an adult. (end of tw) 

I feel somewear between 6 years of age and 8 years of age so I say 7 and the name Jonny Azrim is the name I go by as it is the name i feel suits me on the inside and suits my restrictions due to disabilities.

I am unable to work because of the combination of Dyscalculia, Epilepsy and Aspergers, but worse after 7 years of trying to get a basic maths qualification I only went from entry level 3 up to entry level 2 (special needs grades). In GCSES I was predicted an F in maths, I did not have any clue what the questions ment when the teacher gave me the paper or what the teacher was trying to teach in maths class. I paid attention but could not understand the most basic things, I could not read a clock till I was in my mid 20s and i still have no concept of the passage of time. 

I guessed my way through the maths paper in the GCSES as I felt I had to fill it in and I got an E.

Every course at university and nearly every course at college requires a C or above in maths and that said I failed education. By the time I realised the truth I was 28 by the time I accepted it I was 30.

I just gave up.

as a kid I do not see the point in education when you have no hope in the world of doing anything with any kind of education beyond what you can learn of the internet and films and discovery channel. I taught myself to play piano using youtube.

these days I mostly spend my time on neopets and watching disney films and cartoons while coloring in drawings i drawed.

I keep pooh close to me at all times as he is my teddy and I have buzz lightyear pajamas and i am going to build buzz a fort and 1 for pooh as well so pooh and buzz can have the mostist besttist epictist of battles.

I use my laptop for a night light i always have and will continue to do so till i get moved to this supported living place and I can buy myself a night light and some woody bedsheets.

right any questions just ask  I am going to hunt for that board and capture it so I can post the question I came here for. 

and if anyone has any info any of these just let me know

I Feel Like A Child Syndrome

Peter Pan Syndrome

Edited by trekster
Adding in tags including a trigger warning (tw)

Hello and welcome

My so called father abused me so I am glad he is dead. I am better off without him. He abused my mother as well and she still doesn't accept or realise this to be the case.

Due to missing out on a lot in my childhood I feel like a kid trapped in an adults body sometimes. I've found spaces where I can be a kid again. 

I was told by my so called father "you have an IQ of 5" when I asked him what it was, I've spent since then having to prove to others and myself that I'm "not stupid". My gran was a teacher and was a tremendous support towards me up until 2012 when she became ill with dementia. 

My signature displays all the extras to my autism/aspergers that I have to manage on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis. 

My concept of time is very severe as well, when I'm sleeping well and have no had gluten, dairy, benzoates or a panic attack within the past few days I function well. But as my sleep is a problem at the moment I am struggling. 

The fact you taught yourself to play the piano is an amazing achievement. 

Do foundation degrees in music require a grade C in maths? Can 'skill' (the bureau of disabled students) help you find a course more suited to your needs? 

I kept having breakdowns so it took me until my late 30s to get my masters degree. This is partly because I've gone off all gluten, dairy, benzoates (anything ending in the word 'benzoate'), pineapple (due to eds/hms), low aspartame, low msg.

I don't know how I have managed to keep going but I've found a way to get through life somehow. I am still fighting the NHS for better services for me, I'm still campaigning on and off for better services for people similar to me.

For me I have playmobil figures, star trek, stamp collecting, quiz shows, maps, embroidery and a few others as my hobbies. 

Gotta go as my volunteer work is on soon and I don't want to be late (again).