Sign in to follow this  
sarahjane

Birthdays

Hi , its H birthday in the middle of SEptember and he has fixed his thoughts on what he wants (star wars lego), this is fine but he is getting more and more worked up about wether he is going to get it or not. Yesterday he saw a lego ship he wanted on ebay , then he had me up 3 times in the night asking who i has told he wanted it and how would they know which one etc etc, :) i was up at 6 bidding for it and fortuately got it! Another item is in Woolworths and he has seen it is the last one on the shelf - again i've bought it but he is worried they will run out.

My problem is he is not going to settle and is incredibly anxious that he may not get these thingsor it will be sold out etc. Should i tell him i have got him what he wants -it will save alot of stress or should i try and keep it a suprise. Has anyone else had similar problem?

I do have a similar problem with my son as everything he likes ends up getting discontinued, like Robot Wars and most of the Transformers stuff he wanted last xmas, so I just said its ok ebay will have it, now he's more addicted to ebay than me :lol:

I usually say they won't run out if I have already ordered it, or bought it, usually helps

I have the same problem with my boys. Fixated on something to the exclusion of all else so I've rushed out to stock up ahead of birthdays (in case the stuff gets discontinued/sold out) only for them to be fixated on something else by the time the birthday comes round! You can't win!

I agree.... thank heavens for ebay!

Lauren

Hi,

Kai will be 7 next week and he's been going on and on about what he wants for his birthday. He gets really worried about getting the wrong thing.

He keeps asking me what i've got him and i said it was a surprise. He said he HATES surprises! He also asked me how much money i had "spare". I said "none" and then he spent the whole day worrying that he wouldn't get the train he wants for his birthday cos i have no money! :lol:

Can't win!

Loulou x

Guest flutter

we have just had the best birthday ever

i didn't try and buy tons of stuff to teach her to play,

we kept it very low key, and it worked ( apart of course for the small fortune i spent in a certain bear shop :o )

i have to say, cos i no longer am trying to get her to do age and stage things, life is easier,

but can be a bit embaracing when she sits on my lap ( she is as big as me)

tc all

C x