Carol Brook

Hi!! Im Carol...mum to Sam whos 22 and has Aspergers (diagnosed aged 7). He is struggling with his mental health/anxiety/depression at the moment...he is under our local mental health team for counselling...(he is doing an IT/Admin apprenticeship at the moment) but I would love someone to speak with who may possibly have my concerns and worries as a mother? He speaks quite often of "no point in being here" and "suicide is an option"...we talk constantly as I know thats important but would really like another parent to talk to if possible?

Thanks.:)

Hi sorry you haven't had any responses up until now. I'm not a parent but I was supported by my gran when I said similar things.

Does he have friends at college? Does he have a wish to find out more about autism? There are books aimed at teens and parents on coping with teenage. Jacqui Jackson's "multicoloured mayhem" springs to mind.

Hope you both find the help you need. Could the mind infoline help? Or even places like 'young minds'?

I tried computing and admin, got a lot of qualifications but I haven't found paid work yet.