Sign in to follow this  
Suze

Well we tried...

Had a brill idea a sailing/windsurfing/body booarding/canoeing course for my 10 yr old AS son.He loved dingy sailing when he tried that with cubs so this notion seemed a sure fire winner B) . Well paid said deposit and he was encouraged that 2 classmates would also be doing the course as well.We arrive on Monday and I immeadiately realise we may have a problem :oops: .Water looks deciededly mucky, wetsuits(who mentioned them??? :ph34r: ).....were very smelly ....well went down hill from there.Sensory issues kicked in ....and we were left lake-side.I,m sure he would have loved it the other kids had an ace time.....when will I learn he is happy being a square peg and doing his own thing.Sadly the fee of �70 was non-refundable due too limited places ..tish and pish.. :wallbash: .

Hi Suze,

That's such a shame. I have similar probs with Kai too. Persuading him to try something that i know he'll like is so hard.

I wasted a load of money on swimming lessons. Kai loves going swimming with me, but i wanted him to learn properly. He couldn't cope with the noise and echoing so gave up after 3 lessons :( .

He also went to a lovely after school club at the church. I went twice with him and he liked it, so i left him the third time, but got a call from the leader saying he was in the corner crying so i had to go back and get him. He wouldn't go again (not even with me).

I think it's one of those ASD facts of life.

Loulou x

oh no, surely they could have refunded the money its not as if they lost out having to hire equipment.

aww what a shame :wub: