Paula

Son wants to move out

I've posted many times over the years, son is now 25. We're involved with the community enableing team and I'm trying to step away from him more not easy has he lives at home. Anyway he's insisting he wants to leave home so I've contacted gateway to care to request a assessment for care, and they've told me to register him on the choose nd move housing.. I've done that but not filled in form best wait till he gets, a social worker plus I need a few tips and help re the forms. 

Anyone else can give me tips, advice at working through this mindfield of you're autistic son or daughter moveing out. I think he's better of at home but at the same time eventually hell be alone because I'll be dead.. And I'm getting too old for to be blunt his  sh*t he's always shoring and kicking off he really upsets the home. It's time for him to move on. But I need him to be happy and safe and reasonably close by. 

Edited by Paula

Can Mencap help you with filling out the forms? Can you get your GP to write a letter explaining how the "current housing situation is having a detrimental effect to both your wellbeings" also to get social services to write a supportive letter. That's what I had to do so I could get a higher banding to bid for the housing I needed.

Thanks trekstar

We've sent of his med report re his diagnosis of Autism. We're trying to get his banding increased. I've been to the gp and they've diagnosed me with stress. 

Its just very frustrating. We plod on. 

Well done for being so proactive in getting what's best for you and your son. It's a shame that sometimes what you need and what your son needs aren't coordinated.