Sign in to follow this  
Julia Font

Tell me about your parenting experience during the COVID-19 lockdown

My name is Julia Font and I am a final year student taking of the MSc Child and Adolescent Psychology at the University of Greenwich. For my final master's project, I am exploring the experiences of parents of children on the autism spectrum during the COVID-19 pandemic. Social distancing restrictions and lockdowns presented families with both unique stressors and unique opportunities. Many families developed new coping strategies and we are interested in hearing your experience of this. The study is being supervised by Dr Charlotte R. Stoner (lecturer in Psychology at the School of Human Sciences) and has been approved by the Research Ethics Committee of the Department of Psychology & Counselling at the University of Greenwich. It is my pleasure to invite you to take part in this research, so that you can share with me your thoughts surrounding this topic. If you are a parent of an autistic child or a child on the autism spectrum, live in England, and would like to take part, please click here. The whole task will take around 10 minutes. Your participation will be completely voluntary and will not involve any payment, as the study is done during 6 months as part of the final project of the master's degree. 

I would appreciate your participation in my study, as I believe the findings may be useful in designing better parental support and rapid response initiatives to fully respond to parents’ and children’s needs in case another public crisis like the current pandemic takes place. Although I offer no incentive/payment for your participation, your responses will serve as useful resources to better develop future programes aimed at supporting parents. If you decide to take part, you will be asked questions around your daily experiences with your child during the COVID19 pandemic including both positive and negative experiences. Thank you very much!