Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Moaning - of different sizes

Hello

Thought I'd start this thread. Not matter how big or small your moan is. Please feel free to reply to this.

Might make you feel a wee bit better.

2 days until my son starts school - feel as though i am turning into a nervous wreck!

Elaine

xx

:lol: hows the toilet training going ?..........was the line "Might make you feel a wee bit better" a pun, or is this training lark seeping into your sub-conscious :lol: Well I,m here to moan about the kitchen floor which was clean an hour ago and now(thanks to 4 kids and a water fight), is covered in grass and water and mud :oops: . Oh and I,d also like to moan that those jeans I tried on from the catalogue don,t fit my big bum :oops:

Well I'm not going to ignore the invitation to have a moan.

I want to moan about my puppy which has plaster cast splints on her front paws to strengthen the ligaments. She is very bored because can't jump around as much as she wants and the kids keep leaving the kitchen door open so she gets to run upstairs and wee in the bedrooms. I've retrieved her about 7 times already today and what I want to know is...... WHAT PART OF 'REMEMBER TO CLOSE THE DOOR' DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND??? Grrrrr. I'm fed up of wiping up puppy pee and repeating myself. Think we'll have to go out but I don't quite know where we can go without me being conned into parting with money!! If I suggest the park or walking the other dog do you think I'll get away with that without being hit by a tidal wave of whinging and cries of 'that's boring'.. etc.

ooooooh.... I feel better already!

Lauren

Moan moan... DLA appeal ... moan moan... going on holiday on Saturday and gotta pack ... moan moan... and hubby is on night shift so can't help... moan moan... and James is being a git again ... moan moan... and my ME is bad and I ache EVERYWHERE ... moan moan...

But I've had a minor success today - got James a couple of 1-1 riding lessons while we're on holiday and he'll be absolutely thrilled!

I'm going to have a cup of hot chocolate and a Sudoku and see if that helps, I'm all DLA'd out.

Karen

x

My moan is bedtimes - they're a nightmare, taking up to two hours of hysterics and head banging :-( Oh and night wakings, or 6am starts LOL

Oh for a full night sleep! :wacko:

Lynne x

Re bedtimes, I can't complain about that one much. My asd son has no problems going to bed though we do have quite a strict routine........................ We have also got a gate on his bedroom door so that he can't get out. Gosh that sounds terrible but it works! My health visitor told me to do this and I throughly recommend it!

His toddler sister is a nightmare going to bed -and totally screams the house down - demanding either mummy or daddy to go and see her.

PMT

add a throb of headache

teaspoon of nausea

2 big dollops of AS

pinch of NT

stir in 1 1/2 hour trip to shoe shop

meltdown over choice of crisps

shake in ADHD

top with holiday

....... just today's choice recipe.......

Lx :eat:

Hi Elaine

Not good on the digestion - wouldn't recommend it

Nice to know its not just me with a variable diet though....makes me feel understood!

Hoping for a nice desert today to take the taste away....!

Lx

Yep.........I have :lol:

It's 1.15pm.

I've just finished doing the washing.

My 15 year old is holding 3 days worth of dirty clothes in his room, he doesn't like me going in his room to get it - the SAS would have a better chance of getting in there.

Now he's decided to have a shower :wacko:

The way it's going, it'll be dark before his washing will be on the line.

Annie

:o

This is a really good idea for those things you might not want to start a new topic for.

My top three today are

1) the weather - I am fed up with hot. Not being a sun worshipper, having a son who can't cope if he gets too hot and the holiday ironing to do so I can reclaim my living room I would like some cooler weather please. DRY but cooler.

2) eating - son is now making up for eating only three proper meals in two weeks and has been demanding food all morning.

3) see other post about whether son should be allowed to watch unlimited telly. If he doesn't I have to occupy him and I am just too exhausted....

Thank you. Rant over

My brother came yesterday with his two DD's. One of them is 8 and weighs 8 stone. He said she is on a diet and seeing a neutritionalist.

While here for 8 hours she ate,

1 ham sandwich

1 packet of crisps

1 rocky bar (asked for another)

hand fulls of sweets

copiouse amounts of squash

That was lunch

Her mum was at a meeting, she turned up at 3 pm with snacks

My Neice then ate.

1 sausage roll

2 Apple turnovers

1 packet of Hob Nobs (large family size)

Biscuits from various other packets

more sweets

more drink

She then complained to her mum that she was hungry so they left to get chinese food on the way home for tea.

It just makes me so angry that her mother and my brother could feed her so much cr*p then say they worry about her weight. She is a very sweet little girl but her greed turns her into a different child. She gets picked on at school and her sister is always defending her.

Why would they let her eat so much?

I feel beter now.

Viper.

My moan of the day is that I have decided to go on a diet! Have been comfort eating far too much! Just about bursting out of my trousers.

Going to join yet another class next week as I feel as though my eating is out of control!

Elaine

x

my kind of thread,as you all know i love moaning!!

moans for today;stevens voice is breaking and is extremely loud,he does not stop shouting and ive got a headache!

potty training katie,had a terrible smell in my kitchen for 2 days,couldnt find out where it was comimg from,found it tonight behind my fridge(!)you can guess what it was

im on a diet but today ive eaten 4 twixs,big meat pie and 3 pks of crisps,im very annoyed with myself!

thats my moans for today,i will be back again tomorrow with some more no doubt,from whinging hev!

Sorry all this is going to be a depressing moan, because I'm depressed.

I'm sure most here could relate to this; I'm depressed and feel 'alone' with all the anxiety and worry for the future. I'm fed up with everything being a fight and filling in forms and making frustrating phone calls. I'm depressed and fed up with the comments of people who say they care but don't realise that their advice is sometimes hurtful, patronising, and demoralising. I'm depressed with feeling let down by a system that seems to view our problems as not important enough for them to put in place any policies that would ensure our children's future is paved with opportunities to allow them to find a niche in this world. I'm depressed by the anxiety that the needs of my children prevent me from working and building up some financial security for us all. I'm depressed about being depressed.

Sorry this post is so depressing but that's how I feel this morning.

Lauren :(

yup Lauren can definitely relate to that feeling - sometimes the enormity of it all can be overwhelming :( have some (((((big hugs))))).

I wanna moan about my husband who thinks I am being soft for not forcing my son to school even although it has already been loudly stated that the environment is not suitable for him, I am sick of him calling me soft and him being the same as all those narrow minded ill educated people that think that all that is needed is some "firm discipline" I am sick of him banning him for a month from games when he is away on business Monday to Friday, I am sick of his swearing and aggression and his anger - I know he is suffering from depression, high blood pressure & stress - but does not mean that it gives him carte blanche to be an idiot!!!

I wish it was a week today so that we could hear the outcome of the meeting that will decide if my son is going to get the school he deserves.

Carol

my moan of today is i have got pmt, ready for murdering someone husband has taken kid's out which is good as he knows to give me a wide berth when i feel like this.

sharron

Ho hum, now for my next moan....

I feel really guilty for wallowing in self pity this morning! :whistle:

Funny old world innit? :o

Lauren :D

Lauren

Your last moan has not been accepted for this moan thread. Everyone is allowed to wallow (what a good word) in self pity at some point.....................

I am away for a glass of wine - half price out of sainsburys....................

If I could I would, they give me an iffy tummy, and its my birthday on Sunday so I'll be finishing the week course one tablet too early.

Maybe your GP needs a butt kick, does he know you are a carer? Mine got his backside kicked from a carer support worker and my sons consultant so he tends to be very good now :lol:

My mum used to sufffer from bad sinusitis, she used to swear by a mild cortisone spray, eucalyptus(sp) oil and steam. Oh and Sudafed or another decongestant(sp..again..its late)

Edited by lil_me

Another moan...

We're going on holiday today, and as if the last week hasn't been mad enough what with trying to get as much of the DLA appeal on paper, packing for the holiday, keeping J occuped etc etc, the little darling (who is never ever ill) came down with a viral infection on Thursday afternoon and is still poorly. We'd planned to eat out all the time we were away but for at least the first couple of nights it looks as though we'll have to cook in the cottage, and that means a shopping trip to Asda when we get there, with him ill, possibly throwing up etc. It sounds awful, I know, complaining because the poor guy's not well, but this is the first holiday we've attempted in three years and it's just ###### bad luck that he's not well for it.

We're also planning on visiting a friend on the way there, not sure if it's such a good idea now.

Ah well... Off to pack the toothbrushes now...

Karen

x

I'm worn out with the holidays, I can't bear the constant mess and noise and aggravation. The minute I sit down she's demanding from me, if I try to relax while she plays she grabs the book or lures me off the computer so I can't even distract myself from the boredom. It's times like this I really miss having a partner to share the responsibility with :(

Sorry everyone, all I seem to do lately is whinge :(

Well here is my moan of the morning - my kids will not stop fighting. The 2 year old toddler is the worst. Matthew was trying to watch golf/snooker on TV and she kept switching off the TV.............. They are both also fighting over the Argos catalogue - even though they have got one each. Miss Boo likes looking at babies whereas her big brov choses to look at trains, hoovers and fans!

OK, my first moan on this thread is... I had a shed load of things to do and all in different places meaning out in the car. We haven't even got to the first one and my 3 year old NT says mummy I feel sick (this kid is never car sick!) So I try and fob him off with "I'll open the window for you" - we were on a dual carriageway so couldn't stop. So I pull off, stop open his door and there he blows, everywhere! :sick:

I had to then stick him on the kerb whilst I scraped the car seat off and stripped him down to his pants, the only spare clothes I had were long sleeved and track pants, so that made him hotter. So then had to wash it all when we got home, YUK!

Everytime I get in the car it stinks :sick: As my 8 year old AS keeps reminding me, bearing in mind he has a sensitive nose at the best of times!

...and whilst all this is going on my husband is away in Seattle, so just made sure I gave him a call and put in my shopping list as compensation :devil:

Apologies for anyone eating whilst reading this post :wacko:

Becky, so sorry if this sounds harsh.... but... thank you for making me chuckle!!! Just read your post after returning from a BBQ where my AS son had major 'people I don't know' melt down, and couldn't help chuckling (and I hate to admit it but hiccupping too!).

I love it when people can have a moan and make other folk laugh at the same time. Thank you! :lol:

Lauren

I want to moan about my neighbour.

The kid shot my cat with a BB gun. (He missed and the cat is fine.)

I could have called the police, being as it is illegal for a child if his age to use a BB gun, and illegal to harm a cat too. I wish I had called the police now, but I decided to tell the parents, let them sort it out within the family. If it happens again, they have had their chance to sort it out, and then it would be time to call the police. Well I gave them this opportunity and got called a "lying cow" for it. The dad said he'd taken it away from them 2 weeks ago after he caught them shooting passing cars! (Yes, it actually got to that point before he did anything about it.) I never mentioned the police to them, but today the mother-type-creature went into the garden and started yelling at my husband about how I threatened her with the police. I never mentioned the police. If it stops now, they've nothing to worry about anyway.

They have 6 children. She says she always wanted a large family because she loves children. I don't know which children she loves, but it's clearly not the ones she gave birth to. They are lively. Sometimes through the walls we hear them talking loudly and running around. That's what children do, and I don't have a problem with children behaving like children. What I do have a problem with however, is hearing her yell, "shut the f@#= up," "you make my life a f@#=ing misery," and other such nicities at her children.

When school goes back, I intend to celebrate. Maybe I will have a firework display the night before :devil:

I want to moan about my vet!! (nothing to do with ASD though I do have a theory that all dogs are ASD anyway... )

Puppy has had plaster casts on legs for 8 days because she has weak tendons in back of front paws. Had to take them off tonight because the smell was revolting. She now has ulcers on the back of both front legs. Only had them renewed yesterday, why didn't they mention how bad it was? Grrrrr. and the cost!!! doesn't bare thinking about how she would have been after 2 months which is what they originally prescribed. :sick:

Lauren

Edited by Lauren

Lauren,

So you too have smelly things going on :lol:

No I don't think you are harsh, if people can't laugh about the things we have to endure then what kind of a state would we be in ;)

Hope you get your puppys ulcers treated ok, sounds nasty :( Not surprised in this heat though. When my 3 yr old broke his wrist earlier this year just before we went to Florida, he ended up with blisters that burst where it was rubbing in the heat, but no they didn't smell :devil:

Hi Becky. Yes very smelly (and even worse this morning, I won't go in to detail :sick: ).

Lauren :D

Edited by Lauren

My moan is about moving bl**dy house.... :wallbash:

We moved out last Friday (12th) and have just given the keys in today so the old house is completely empty but the new house is cardboard box city.

Hubby doesn't paint or put furniture together so I do all that, he HAS done all the heavy stuff, but I'm knackered yet am back at work tomorrow. Tyler has a trampolining lesson straight after work then the new sofas are being delivered.

In between I will have to cook dinner and attempt unpacking some more boxes - how did I accumulate all this cr*p???!!!!! :blink:

Here's to at least a month of organised (ish) chaos, during which ds starts his new special school - yippeeeeeeeeeeee B)

Thanks for listening! >:D<<'>

I am going to have a moan!

Went down for my dad bday - my parents are really good with my son but sometimes i think they see what they want to see...........

Can i ask a question - what do another parents of autisic kids do with them after school when there is no afterschool club attached to the school????????????????????? My parents have very kindly said that they will help me with my son in the short time either until I get another job or until bonus time in december. But i still feel as though I have to juggle everything around all the time - I suppose everyone feels like that............................

Don't feel like smiling but i really like the bat smilie! :bat:

Forbsay I'm just very impressed that you are working. I've tried on a few occasions to go back to work or uni and had to abandon the attempts due to my son who went off the rails each time and I couldn't leave with anyone (even my mum couldn't handle him). He's a bit older now so I may give it another go.

So I don't know what to suggest re after school clubs etc other than to say I admire anyone with children like ours who work. B)

Lauren

My turn to moan. I am just getting over a nasty throat and viral infection. Have felt pretty yuk all week and have been barking like a dog at night so no sleep for me. Finally starting to pick up and was looking forward to going to bed tonight for some hard earned shut eye :) when guess what? Yes that's right Matthew has now started with the same virus - meaning no sleep for me again. :tearful: Nothing new there then :crying:

Carole