Sign in to follow this  
invent 10 things b4 breakfast

School Shoes

Yes I can't believe it myself but I actually bought school shoes today :blink: It was so nice and quiet in Clarks that I thought we'd just go and see what styles they had in.

Does anyone else have to "guide" their child into appropriate shoes? by this I mean the gimicky things they do with them.

My son REALLY wanted the ones with the flashing lights, now usually I would buy this style if he wanted it but unfortunately they have changed it so that instead of the lights just flashing when you walk they have actually put a little switch on them so you can turn them on and off yourself :wacko: This would be a permenant distraction for my son during class as he would not be able to help himself fiddling with them!

Also the latest thing is a spaceship inside the sole of the shoe, he was trying to think of any way he could get it out!

... and of course he can't do laces, so that pretty much narrowed it down. Ended up with some nice Gortex velcro ones, of course I approved :lol:

Got ours yesterday

Had to get the new assistant learning the ropes but it wasn't too bad

We have a lovely shoe shop with lots of toys/distractions including finding nemo on dvd in the corner

Ended up with velcro school shoes - �37!!!! They were the only pair that fitted my sweet babe - he struggles to keep up age 3 trousers, has size 10 feet but with a 'D' width fitting!! The shoes were last bit of the long journey to find stuff that fitted......

And glow in the dark trainers - less distraction?

Lx

My little one has a right carry-on getting shoes as he's past an H width fitting :o so we always have to get him a bigger shoe size so he looks like Bigfoot :huh::D

The women in Clarks know him well, he always kicks off :rolleyes: but they're always so nice to him B)

Clare

Dreading looking for shoes, my oldest hates the measuring machines and hand held. Have to be Velcro aswell

Biggest problem has been sorting out my NT 4 year old, spent most of his life on steroids because of Asthma so he's huge, 3ft 11 and 6 stone, he's got to start school in tracksuit bottoms as no trousers fit him :(

My son loves the flashing lights trainers from Clarks too. He's on his second pair now and I'll need to go either next week or the week after to replace em but then he has had em for 5mths which an't bad! :D I always like him in shoes but they don't last as long as the trainers and at least with trainers, you can afford for em to get a bit scuffed! LOL

I'm hoping and praying that our Clarks don't have the switches on em to turn the lights on but then hey, that's just my wishful thinking! I can't get trainers to fit him anywhere else as he's a G fitting. Goodness knows what I'm going to do otherwise b/c I an't dragging a 6yr old into shoes shops when I can just about manage to get him into Clarks! LOL If they don't have those light ones that light when you walk, then HUGE meltdown is on it's way! :(

Aarrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg,breaking out in a cold sweat at the idea of School shoes.However,you may be on to something regarding it being quiet at present;I may well take him soon.xx

I've booked my appointment at John Lewis for a week on Friday at NINE AM!!! It'll be a struggle getting James into Newcastle for that time but it will be worth it to have nobody else around. He's normally not too bad in shoe shops (except that he wants to show the assitant how to do her job) but even that can pee off the less tolerant staff so maintaining calm is of the essence.

Karen

x

We go to the kids dept in Russell & Bromley

I was really suprised when someone suggested trying in there but they were right

They have clarks, startrites, k's, their own brand & loads of others

We get loads of choice for the 'odd' sizes

They have a toy box, dvd playing and 'funny' mirrors all around.

The biz!

Lx

my son who is 12 takes an adult size 7 and a half, so we have to scour the shops looking for suitable school shoes without laces. it takes almost the whole school holidays to find any! B)