Sign in to follow this  
mrs q

Harry Potter...any fans

I'm re-reading all the Harry Potter's. I read the last one and decided to start them all again as there's loads of clues in the previous books about what the final outcome might be. I have a theory about the last book. Any other Harry Potter fans or do you all think I'm a saddo???

Lauren

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This post is the Tv section....

So lifted out and put it on it's own

My reply was

Love Harry potter.....

Was not impressed by the half blood prince though.....hope the last book is better.

The only thing I think is odd about HP is he has no other relatives on the Potter side....so wondering if any of them will show up.....

Edited by mrs q

Me me me me!!!!

I am quite a big fan.

When I got the last book I waited until I had read them all until I read the Half Blood Prince :lol:

Fab if you ask me - but then I read as a form of escapism!

Caroline

:wub: HP.

Agree about the last book. The previous 5 had me gasping aloud while I was reading but HBP really just culminated in poor ol' Dumbledores death - I always knew Snape was a snake in the grass (pardon the parselmouth pun ;) ) there were too many unanswered storylines, dumbledores withered hand, for example. And Ginny Weasley with Harry? Not really believable and seemed a weak storyline with nothing much happening.

Best of the lot, in my humble opinion, was Order of the Phoenix. Looking forward to last one - will Harry be an Auror, or save the school from closure and be the new headmaster - or even Defnce Against the Dark Arts teacher? :wacko:

I reckon the last book will say that Harry is actually related to Voldemort, thats why they have such a bond, and why Voldemort couldn't kill him. Maybe his aunt, uncle and cousin are really death eaters??!!!!!

I think Snape will be a goodie.....in the end.....

I hought Ginny and Harry would get together right from book two

My fave book is the goblet of fire....not sure how they are condense in down for the film.....

Whatever happens in the next book JK will deffo have my money.....

Harry potter is ace. (Can we have a wizard smillie Kris?)

When the HBP came out Hubby and I made a special trip out to get it at midnight, we went to the cinema at 10 o'clock and then went to the all night Tesco to buy the book, and now I am doing a cross sitch of a wizard, I am going to put "In loving memory of Dumbledore" at the bottom. My kids think I am sad :lol:

I am going to start reading them again but this time to my two youngest (5&10) I think it is about time they found the wonders of HP.

Harry potter rules :thumbs:

Viper.

Hi All

I love Harry potter, I am re-reading The order of the phoenix at the moment, I must admit i am sadder than most, Coz i actually have a thing for snape (the way he talks in that sneaky (sexy) voice) Its strange when reading the books how the voices from the films float into your head and you can actually 'hear' these different peoples voices (or that might just be me coz i am sad).

I think there is a real twist already going by the clues.

I believe snape is good, The reason for this is as follows.

In the HBP at the end Dumbledore and harry visit the cave where they are attacked by dead people, Dumbledore drinks the potion as harry begs him to continue slurping, only to find that the necklace is a fake and the real horcrux has already been stolen. Which means that someone got to it before they did.

(my betting been snape)

Upon their return Snape had 2 reasons to kill dumbledore, 1 reason was the unbreakable promise he made at the start of the book, but the second reason is (i think) that Snape knew what dumbledore had drunk and knew that death would be better than living at that moment, he knew that the potion would kill him eventually no doubt a very uncomfortable death, and i think dumbledore knew that no-one else would have the guts to kill him should it come to it, other than snape.

The question is, If snape did get to the horcrux first who went with him?

There had to be 2 people as dumbledore explained, One to drink the potion, and another to make sure the potion was drank.

I have probably confused you all more with my waffling now, but my gut instinct is to believe that snape is good, and dumbledore knew excactly what he was doing when he drank the stuff, and also knew the end was near when he saw snape.

The rest is a mystery !!

Now back to the topic of Harry Smilies :whistle:

Take care all.

Shaz

>:D<<'>

Hi,

I've read the books and seen the films. I found the books way better cos the films were incomprehensible to me in the cinema cos of the deafening soundtrack. Does anyone else fail to hear what the characters in films are saying over the background noise effects ?

The worst culprits were the Lord of Rings films, I just gave up trying to work out what anyone was saying !

Mind you, this is coming from someone who manged to fall asleep during Charlie and the choc...

wac

Wac,

I know what you mean about the sound track and strugling to hear the voices. It is so frustraiting. We bought the lord of the rings DVD and gave up watching it for the simple reason, we had to turn it up too loud to hear the voices and Ben sleeps on the sofa while we are up, so it was disturbing him.

Other culprits are war films, i think I will learn to lip read. So glad someone else has this problem I thought it was just me, my husband thinks it's my dyslexic brain unable to filter out the background noise. That must make him deaf then cos he can't hear TV full stop. :lol:

Viper.

I also love Harry Potter and have re-read the books. I am going to get the tapes for H to listen to before he goes to sleep (it is part of the bedtime ritual at mo with the tape of charlie and the choclate factory)

I think snape will be good in the end and Dumbledore ordered him to kill him. I think Ginny and Harry and Ron and Hermione will get together. I think she has left poor out harry alot to do in the last book though!

Who is watching HP on sky tonight....

Got it on DVD and still going to watch it.....

Also what gets left out on the films is Peeves.....and I would love to see him annoy all the hogwarts students....

Alot of other stuff gets left out of the film or place in the wrong position....

Can't wait to see Goblet of Fire.....

Is it this year it is release...?

Reread all the books before the new one comes up....so not to miss anything...sad....but great!

Edited by mrs q

MrsQ the Goblet of Fire is supposed to be released in November. My son told me this though I'm not sure where he heard it!

I think Snape will turn out to be a good egg. I think his promise to Dumbledore that he would protect Harry's life no matter what is the answer to why he killed him. I think he and Dumbledore knew that to protect Harry then there would be major sacrifices. (just my theory). I also think we'll find that Harry and Snape are related, I'm not sure how or why but it wouldn't surprise me.

Can't wait for book 7. No doubt we'll be hanging on for a couple of years at least though.

Lauren

I heard the next film is September too - and the next book is next summer. I saw an interview with JKR and she said all the chapters are written, it just needs hanging together. B)

Can't wait................ :dance:

of course! who isnt! B)