Sign in to follow this  
Donna

A Funny Story

My Husband and I were talking to our 8 year old AS son yesterday about life in general and what he might be doing when he was older. His Dad said to him "you might be married with a wife when your older" R looked really confused and then replied to his Dad "how do I get a wife".

I then said to him "you'll just meet someone that you love and you might want to get married".

He again looked confused and then said "can I not just buy one on the Internet".

My Husband and I thought that this was hilarious and I then said to R "well yes you probably could buy one on the internet". :lol:

Isn't innocence wonderful !!!!

Donna

:lol::lol: yes, innocence is wonderful, actually your son has just given me a thought,

if you could buy a wife on the internet, then maybe I could sell my 'ole man' on it :lol:

second thoughts I doubt there would be any bidders :lol::lol::whistle:

Brook

:lol::lol:

Your story reminds me that when Auriel was about the same age we said he might like to get married one day...

To which he replied 'If I want anyone to talk to I'll just phone you up, Mum!'

Bid :lol:

My son was worried about who would look after him when I died. He therefore, asked if I would have a baby so that he would have family.I expained things to him.

I told him that he would have a wife one day who would cook his tea! I told him that he would have children with this wife. He was delighted. He came home and called up to his brother. Hey Michael, I am going to have a wife to cook tea and then we hare going to have children and perhaps I might even have a baby with my daughter!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEk - I just thank the Lord that SS were not hanging about that day. But it did make us laugh.

Best wishes

HelenL

My son O who is 8, does not need to look for a wife...a girl in his class has liked since he has been at the school and every year she sends him a valentine card.

I said what do you like about Elenor then O, he says he likes her because she brainy and wears glasses like you, you make Dadddy happy and she will make me happy....

If only life was that straight forward.... :P

Edited by mrs q

Well i recall my stepson saying similar things about how he was going to get a wife/girlfriend when about 7-8, he is still at it now, constantly worrying he wont get a girlfriend, he is 12 now...we keep telling him he will when the time is right, but he always asks how he can go about it LOL.

Michelle

When my twins were about 6 or 7 they were convinced that they were going to marry each other when they got older. Jack announced one day that he wanted 12 children to which Lucy replied, "no Jack, we're having 2!!" When we told them that they couldn't marry each other Jack decided that when he does get married, he was going to sleep in my bed with me and his wife and children could sleep in his bed. He even knocked on our neighbours door once and asked if he could buy there house so he could live next door to his mum when he gets married. Not sure that would go down too well with his wife!! :lol::lol:

Lisa