Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Family day out

KIERAN MADE A FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya everyone.

We have just got back from the pub. (gee that sounds so irresponsible when put like that !) :whistle:

But yeah we went to watch some friends of ours who were involved in a charity gig for the air ambulance. (darn good music all day)

Its the first time we have chanced taking kieran to such a place because of all the sensory issues he has, but we thought what the hell if its a problem we could bring him home. But after about half an hour he really got into it, and best of all he actually made a friend.

Whats amazing is, out of all the kids there kieran and this other little guy just clicked, the reason became clearer when i watched them together, and after been aproached by the lads mum we established that they both had more or less the same thing. This lad had Meningitis and septicemia as a toddler which has left him with some difficulties, his mum was telling me all about him and she could have been describing kieran what with the obsessions and lining things up, not been socially aware, and the problems at school, the list is endless.

It was great to see them together they seemed to have an unspoken rule and followed each other around all day. :wub:

He wasnt remotely intrested in making friends with any one else just this one lad, it was like they both saw a bit of themselves in each other and they were comfortable with that.

Well i had better cut this short now, as the kids have traipsed outside wearing their cork hats armed with a guitar/keyboard/trumpet and recorder, and are now blasting out twinkle twinkle little star like you've never heard it. :oops: I better go and calm them down before we get a noise abaitment order served on us. Good to see how the influence of music rubs off :devil:

Take care everyone.

shaz

x

oh how lovely - are u keeping in touch with this lady? B)

Hi

Yes we are hopefully going to stay in touch, the lady gave me her mobile number before we left yesterday, and i texted her last night.

Only thing is today Kieran doesnt want to talk about him at all, and he said he didnt like him because he screamed a lot !!. But then again, he has been in a terrible mood ALL day, and even as i type he is sat here screaming at me.

Will this day ever end ? :angry:

Shaz

x

Its the days like that which make such a difference, isn't it? :dance:

When we go anywhere, dd makes friends instantly, she doesn't care who they are, she asks complete strangers what their name is etc etc (a bit worrying sometimes!) but if Tyler makes a friend, it makes me swell with pride because I know how hard he finds it.

Fingers crossed he makes a friend on Monday - first day at school....... :pray: