Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Lime Green socks are out again

This morning we just had to smile. Martin has coped admirably with going back to school today (year 5) with only a small amount of evidence of his uncertainty to routine change - he is wearing his lime green socks and sandals.

While other kids are in their brand new school shoes he's sporting a look we haven't seen almost all holiday. Doesn't go with the school uniform but whatever - he's happy!

:lol::lol:

Daisy

Thats so cool! Individual style has made some people a LOT of money!!!!!

Reminds me of the time Tyler decided he wanted to wear Emmas (2 sizes too small) lilac blackberry stitch cardigan - very swish!

Also reminds me of other incident, not related to ASD but equally amusing.

My Dad had Alzheimers Disease and there were instances early on when you laughed or cried. One morning he came downstairs, chest puffed out, proud as you like, wearing my Mums new flowery cardigan, done up to the top and said "found a new pullover in my wardrobe, fits a treat" and wore it for the rest of the day.

The mental image should clear when I explain my Mum is 4'11" and 7 stone, whilst Dad was 6'1" and about 13 stone. I laughed till I couldn't laugh anymore, not at him, but at the situation! :lol: