Sign in to follow this  
helenl53

Tribunal Tomorrow

I won't give my true feelings as it isn't OK to swear on a family forum.

I know how you must be feeling right now.

The only small crumb of comfort must be that you know you have done everything possible for him, and it hasn't come to this for want of trying on your part.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Simon

Thanks everyone

Medical evidence was totally ignored. But then I think that any expense for mental health difficulties is paid for by Health not Education.

Having read the IPSEA contribution to the Select Committee, I realise that that rot cascades down from the top and it is like David and Goliath for us but without the advantage of a very fhandy slingshot.

We just have to chip away - my mum said you can't eat an elephant with one bite.

Tomorrow is another day and Edith - boy will my Portfolio be a ###### humdinger!

Love

HelenL

Helen I think I said it all on the phone to you earlier today. I am not only gutted for you I despair of the sytem that we are being forced to live within.

It will not take a few people to move this mountain it will take thousands - just like the fox hunters - sorry that is probably not very PC.

Big Brother is not only out to get us - it's got us :(

The bigger picture is, in my opinion, not going to include Aspergers Syndrome into any provision that requires extra help. AS is being down graded I firmly believe this. If that makes me insane then quilty as charged.

Carole

Edited by carole

Carole,

i do worrry about you - Quilty!

First of all, trying to euthanase the Guinea Pigs in a most inhumane manner - then Quilty!

Go and have a lie down on the sofa

I know what you mean about the foxunters - trouble is- we are all knackered parents.

Love

HelenL

i am so sorry!

Isn't there something we can do as parents together? There seems to be a lot of use here - all with the same problems - and we each know of other parents in our own schools getting the same treatment. can't we band to gether and do somehting? even an online petitiion?

Helen

I'm so, so sorry.

It sounds as if you may have had the same chairman as us, I think his name was Stuart something. Was your tribunal in London? We had to wait over 3 weeks for our decision (for statutory assessment), the LEA had no evidence and we had bundles. They completely ignored my daughter's mental health and medical reports preferring to take the opinion of a SENCO who knows jack s**t about Aspergers.

No one seems to be winning anymore at tribunal. Even the most solid cases. Why on earth do they think you would move a child, who probably hates any kind of change, to a small independent school if they were doing ok and coping in mainstream. It's like, let's ignore all professional advice and reports in favour of a teacher's end of year report, that let's face it very rarely gives an accurate picture of any child, whether they're ASD or not. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Where do they get these people from? Half of them are probably retired LEA heads of SEN trying to get revenge on troublesome parents. I truly believe that the tribunal are being told by the government to limit the number of parents winning as they are phasing out statements.

Sorry it didn't go better. I'm really gutted for you.

Lisa

Carole, I think you are absolutely right that AS is downgraded, it doesn't make you insane! Downgraded to the point of seeing the children sink further and further in mainstream without even adequate help or support - often none at all. Worrying for the future more so with post 16 provision not even acknowledged in many cases at the moment.

Helenl, so sorry things did not go according to your plans - I cannot even think how gutted you must be at this moment. Thinking of you - though that won't help at all!

Kat

The bigger picture is, in my opinion, not going to include Aspergers Syndrome into any provision that requires extra help. AS is being down graded I firmly believe this. If that makes me insane then quilty as charged.

Carole

They can try...the trouble is the incidences of kids with AS in mainstream is on the increase. If they try and ignore it they are playing with fire.

First of all, trying to euthanase the Guinea Pigs in a most inhumane manner - then Quilty!

Go and have a lie down on the sofa

I know what you mean about the foxunters - trouble is- we are all knackered parents.

Love

HelenL

There are Guinea Pigs and there are Ninja Guinea Pigs! I think we are mostly the latter turning the former into trained assassins in our spare time. We amount to a small furry army with nasty sharp teeth! We don't give up easily either. Some of the posts on this website show that. Knowledge is power as they say...and we're good at sharing.

I am so sorry it didn't go to plan for you. But you hold your head up with pride - you took it the whole way. You tried. You can't do more than that - non of us can. You did him proud!

Helen,

I've just seen your news and I'm so sorry.

I do know how you feel. >:D<<'> :tearful: On your behalf I would like to say a lot of very rude words at the moment.

love

K

Thanks again everyone - Lisa made a very interesting post :ph34r: We did have the same chair :ph34r:

Phasmid, good to see you back - was only thinking about you and having a shudder tonite. My beloved son brought back a letter from school. A delightful teacher has told him that if we agree, he can adopt some of her 'stick insects'. He brought home all the info on them - they lay eggs and walk up and down your arm :blink: I don't ###### think so!!!! Sorry Phasmid - no offence intended but I have said no way Hose!

You said that ignoring AS would be playing with fire - I think they consider that it will be someone elses fire - so why bother!

Daft question time coming up - does anyone here feel disenchanted with the crappy system - or is it just me.

Kat - are you still here? -

I am holding my head up - this time last year he was knocked back on statutory assessment. Here we are a year later and although I don't have the most perfect statement in the wide world, I have a pretty good one and the hours increased and some pretty important bits included at part 2 and 3 So I have to consider that I did get a result.

And another thing - I am desperate for a ciggie, but I gave up over a year ago so that I could put the fag money towards his school fees and although I could murder a soggy dimp from the gutter.................. they are not going to make me. :devil:

Love

HelenL

Helen,

I've had a good rant on the T2T. I dont know if I made much sense but at least you've motivated me into doing some work! I reckon this module should be a doddle for you (if not too painful). I don't know how I'm gonna get through it but I've learned a lot from you. :notworthy:

I really am truely sorry things didn't go your way. I think its a cr*p system and I'm part of it!!!

By the Way stick insects are fab. I used to keep them when my kids were little.

Helen I've been following all of these posts and have had everything crossed for you. Didn't come on before as I've never had to go through this completely s**t system. Although my named officer once told me if I was applying for a statement for my son now he would never get it because he is bright. :wacko: I despair don't you its 2005 and people in education still think you can't have SEN if you are achieving academically.Their idea of inclusion seems to be one that most LEAs follow. At my statemented daughter's annual review the head asked the C.T. for her comments, she replied well I don't really have much to do with the teaching of **** as she works mostly with her L.S.A. When she can't cope with the lessons because they haven't bothered to differentiate them she sits outside in the corridor with her L.S.A. colouring pictures or threading beads :wallbash:Helen the school your son now attends sounds wonderful and just goes to show how our children can be in the right enviroment. The fact you have to pay for this though is apalling. I.m sorry about the outcome of this tribunal and wish you and yours all the best >:D<<'>

the system failed you because of politics. its a crying shame. i know exactly how hard you have worked for this. i have the utmost respect for you helen and your views. i know you dont fight alone for your son, but for every child in this miserable system. you should hold your head high, be proud of yourself and take what you have learned and turn it positive. i am with you every step of the way. like you said hun "tiny beavers chipping away" >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

loads of hugs

me xx