Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

NM

OK, just filled in an EQ (Emotional Intellence) test that I found on my AOL headpage. Here are te results and just wondered what you thought!!

Test your emotional intelligence (EQ)

You scored 40% correct!

Your score indicates that you have a below average EQ.

People that typically score in this range sometimes have trouble recognising and understanding their feelings. They are not always able to express their feelings in the most appropriate manner. They often have doubts and concerns about who they really are. They do not have much confidence in themselves and in their abilities. In most circumstances, they have a difficult time showing love, empathy and compassion for other people. In general, they are not comfortable with intimacy.

They also have trouble communicating with other people. They struggle with getting in tune with themselves and those around them. They may sometimes say the wrong thing at the wrong moment. They sometimes find it hard to show their anger or deal with anger directed at them. At times they are unable to stand up for themselves when hurt or they are handle confrontation inappropriately. They may have trouble admitting when they are wrong; and when they do make mistakes, they are often uncomfortable apologising to those they hurt.

People with below average EQ may also have low levels of self-worth. They do not like challenges or commitment and are afraid of change. They have a difficult time staying motivated and focused when they have set unattainable goals for themselves. They are fairly pessimistic about themselves and their future.

There you go Carole!!! :whistle:

Edited by Tylers-mum

I read it too.

You do know that everyone will be curious now dont you :lol:

I wont tell if you dont :whistle::whistle:;)

Brook

Our posts crossed Waccoe :lol:

Edited by Brook

Go on, you'll only cause a riot if you dont. :fight::o:wacko::thumbs:

Brook

Hurry, Carole needs to go to bed, she'll never get to sleep at this rate.

Edited by Brook

They do not like challenges or commitment and are afraid of change. Problem is most of the time you have no choice about challenge and commitment when you are the parent of a child with ASD - so we may not like em but we can never side step them. So no wonder every now and then we feel down :(

They have a difficult time staying motivated and focused when they have set unattainable goals for themselves. You ARE motivated and focused the goals are attainable but the schools don't make them attainable. We can see that it is possible - if only would listen to us :pray:

They are fairly pessimistic about themselves and their future So now I am stuck for words :o Strange but true. Not pessimistic - realistic because we all know that it will not change anytime soon. BUT we are not giving up now are we - because we can't. No wonder we feel sh** sometimes but emotionally we are battered that does not make us loosers though - just blooming tired.

night night

Carole

Jaded. I looked on the AOL headpage and it's gone but I found it in my list of sites I've visited thankfully. Here it is ...

EQ TEST

The following link is a list of all quizzes for personality, love, career, relationships, mind, body, emotions, etc etc. Unfortunately you can only access it if your net is provided by AOL. Hope this helps too. :thumbs:

FULL LIST OF TESTS

Guest flutter

now i am truely worried.....................................................................

i got 15 %

have had a bad weekend tho,

needs choccy

HHHHhhhmmmmmm 60% !!

Sounds about right - im always the one giving it this... :crying::pray:

The question about landing flat on your face didn't have the answer i wanted though...... "Watch hubby laugh hysterically, smile serinely, get up and kick legs from under him.....point and laugh...." :lol:

24 on AQ and 60% on the EQ ( apparently that's average Viper!) - but then I am a public relations officer so I'm trained when to say the right thing or not as the case maybe so that's probably had an influence in how I answered ;)

Daisy

My score was 50% EQ.......... :tearful::crying: ...below average.... :tearful:

IQ score 82% on below average intelligence, Bill gates/Madonna scored about 140% so there we go, but I get by so now worries.

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32

Daisy Proudfoot said

60% on the EQ snap me to

Also - but then I am a public relations officer so I'm trained when to say the right thing or not as the case maybe so that's probably had an influence in how I answered - snap again I feel better now because I dare not post that I had got 60 :wacko: But yes perhaps we are just programmed to know how to respond?

Carole

50% on EQ, 8 on AQ

On the EQ thing, I definitely hold back on friendships because I know I don't have the time to commit to them. I also don't beat around the bush (if you haven't noticed), partly due to being married to someone who can't be doing with all this 'Englishness' of not saying what you think.

really liked this inkblot test - well it said things about me that I liked anyway:

You are full of questions about life, people, and your own potential. You spend more time than others imagining the possibilities for your life ? and you're open to things others are too afraid to consider.

You have an almost physical need to know and do more. It's only through new experiences that you feel a greater understanding of yourself and the world. You also have a rebellious streak that shows up when you feel unable to truly influence the world or circumstances around you. Your appetite for novel experiences also shows an openness others don't have, but wish they did.

Your psyche is very rich; the more you learn about it, the more you will understand who you really are.

http://uk.tickle.com/test/inkblot/start.html

I'm getting really into this - they all give such different results!

Z

On Zemanski's heygroup one - I got 60 again! That is so weird, crikey now I'm getting predictable!

Actually the first question is about being on a plane, well that wouldn't happen in real life as I'm scared stiff of flying (actually it's the crashing I don't like the idea of) and in those circumstances my actual response would have been:

e) You think "oh no, first time I go on a plane and just look what happens, I'm going to die now and that's just not fair"

But that option wasn't available :lol:

Daisy