Sign in to follow this  
Canopus

Future ambitions

My son currently wants to work in a Sealife Centre, or other Aquarium visitors centre, like The Deep, Blue Reef etc. TBH the way he's going with knowledge on sealife, 'he's got a damn good chance' - to put it in the words of a manager at a Sealife Centre. He also expressed an interest in Marine Research when he was watching a programme on that. He's only 6 so he might change his mind yet.

Good - didn't get the Mysquirrel screen this time!

J wants to be an astronomer who gardens as a hobby or a gardener who astronomes :blink: as a hooby!

Hi,

Kai (7) wants to build the "world's largest and best" model railway! He's already worked out the admission prices and told me that i can work in the gift-shop :lol: .

I don't know where he thinks he's going to get the money from to build it :wacko:

Loulou x

D (9) wants to be a Palaeontologist and a chef in his own restaurant on weekends! B)

Can't see the chef thing working out as he gags when you even mention meat! :sick: Although it would be nice to have my sunday lunch cooked for me!

I'd like to think he could become a Palaeontologist as he's wanted this since he was two, but that all depends on getting through secondary school. He's good academically but his organisational skills are non-existent... Will do my best though...

A

The other week I asked my daughter what she would like to do, still the same...Vet so I told her she needs to carry on working hard if she really wants it badly. Well my son who is 9 who didn't hear it from me said nothing just be normal Mam..... :tearful: I think he knows more about his problems more than I think to be honest. He doesn't want to be a Policeman, Doctor or anything else just ride his bike and play. I think at age 9 is too young to know what they want really as they always change their minds but I do hope he will have a great future ahead of him as I do worry what sort of adult he would make. Me and the school has to discuss secondary school in the summer for the following year what we think he should be doing such as mainstream class or a unit but have to wait until then to get it sorted. I really would hope that he does mature when he reaches adulthood as it would upset me especially when he's a teenager bullying is more of a problem I think. All us parents can do is try our best to bring our kids up and see what the outcome is we will all love them the same anyway.

Take care

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32

D (9) wants to be a Palaeontologist

My father (who has definite aspieish tendencies) was for many years one of the leading paleontologists in his field, and for a brief time was honourary editor of a magazine called 'Paleontology', so I would encourage your son to stick with it!

Simon

Matthew wants to be a vet that works with small animals or some kind of doctor. I think that is why he has joined the St John's Ambulance Brigade ;)

David dreamed of being a chef, even though academically he is very bright and could probably do many things? But he loves cooking. Sadly as he has got older he now realises just how 'different' he is and this has impact on any ambitions he had.

It's not really only they do begin to get older and the realisation sets in that you can see how difficult it if for them :(

But I do hope that David will, at some point, be ready to take on the world. Only time will tell?

Carole

We've always joked about sending Com to mars - the perfect job for him; 4 years in a small enclosed space, only small group social interaction, lots of computers and fine focused scientific tasks to keep him busy and fantastic views to mesmerise him. B)

he, however, has other ideas but they do keep changing - film director, genetic engineer(he wants to splice a blueberry with a mango or a dragon fruit - his 3 favourite foods), animator, game designer, researcher on molecular bonding - plastics and metals fascinate him ..........

definitely has ambition :wub:

Zemanski

Just asked Ben (5) and he said a golfer and an artist.

My DD AS 14 Wants to be a Midwife. she has always been interested in hospital programmes and has watched Casualty from when she was 2, she has never missed one episode in all that time. :hypno:

Viper.

Thanks for that Simon!

Sometimes he doubts himself that it will happen, but I know that encouraging him to believe it gives him something to look forward to (if it wasn't for that, I doubt I'd get him inside the school door)

A

Chris 12 wants to be a pro fisherman....or anything his dad happens to mention, usually he doesnt think for himself, ie, if his dads say oh i wanted to be an electrician, then thats what he says, and dad wanted to be a plumber, so at the time of mentioning that thats what he wanted to do, but the pro fisherman has come from himself, as he really likes fishing, and watches the programs on sky.

As long as he is happy we dont mond to much.

Michelle