Sign in to follow this  
007paul007

Prescriptions

Just wondering what will when my son leaves school, we care for my two children full time and we both get ICA for caring for the children. The children both get DLA and the whole family get Income Support, My eldest who will soon be 17 also gets incapacity benefit (in youth) and he will be at school until he is 18/19, he currently gets free prescriptions, but what happens when he leaves school ?

Will he still get them or will we have to apply for something for him on his behalf ?

If he is still getting incapacity benefit post-school he will be entitled to free prescriptions, if you are on a low income you are also entitled to free prescriptions. You have to apply for the low income free prescriptions ... can't remember off hand to whom, I did it a few years ago .. I'll see if I can find any paperwork still.

HHxx

If you're on a low income you should be getting income support, if that's still the case when he leaves then you will get it automatically. The DWP (Dept of Work and Pensions) website might help. If not try the CAB's site. As a last resort have a look on:

www.moneysavingexpert.com

HTH