Hi all

As I dont really want to put my daughter on medication I am

thinking of taking her to a homeopath

I have a leaflet on one lady Annie Hall she charges �68 for first visit

and �30 each visit after that this lady has apparently visited local autism

groups so she obviously thinks certain problems can be helped

Anyone tried this and also What is the treatment used???? unsure

T

Homeopathy is a holistic treatment which focuses on the patient rather than the symptoms. You'll be asked a lot of strange sounding questions like are you a morning or evening person. Personality plays a large part, historical information (not just medical history, but emotional trauma etc). My homeopath friend would often be talking about someone and say "But she's Arsenicum, or course" as though that explained something to me! But a lot of homeopaths will recognise a person's ideal remedy from their character.

Homeopathy works on treating like with like, and the remedy is diluted into weaker and weaker strengths. What's ironic about it is that the weaker dilutions are said to have the stronger effects on symptoms, and that's what gains the ridicule from non-believers.

I have to say it didn't work for my son, or indeed for me with my own health issues, but it can and does help an awful lot of people so I think it's worth a try. Good luck.

Karen

x

Hi.

I'm new here and only posted a couple replies -- similar to how I'm replying here. My son Matthew, 8, has been on NDF+ and a couple other things since the beginning of the summer under the supervision of a naturopathic physician. He's responding extremely well to this protocol, and I can't rave enough about it. I'm happy to give you some more detail, if you'd like. I'm with you in not wanting to medicate children and their developing brains, but of course, to each his own.

Hi Believer

This sounds interesting if you could give me some more info

that would be great.

We are now booked in with the homeopath in 2 weeks time

by the way what is NDF???

Also are you seeing the naturopathic physician privatly

Thanks T

Hi.

NDF+ is basically nanonized chlorella, cilantro. There are some other ingredients in it. It's a chelating agent to rid the body of heavy metals.

He's also taking Pleo Sancom for the throat. I guess when the metals are draining, they drain down through the throat, so sometimes, their little throats will get sore, so that helps with that.

He's also taking fish oil for brain function/health. Some brands are cleaner than others. Nordic Naturals was recommended as being the cleanest.

Lastly, he was taking milk thistle for the liver. He just finished his last dose of that a couple days ago. Again, when the metals are draining, it goes through the liver like everything else does. So he was taking that for about a month just to keep his liver healthy.

I am taking him to a naturopathic physician. It helps take the anxiety out of the process for me. And I feel like I'm making good progress with him in an amount of time that's good for him. I would never have been able to figure out how much of what to give him when, so it's been great having her help/guidance.

I've taken him twice -- once at the beginning of the summer. She put him on the supplements as follows: He was started on NDF+ (five drops once daily), fish oil (Nordic Naturals DHA Junior, 8 caplets daily) and Pleo Sancom (five drops daily). Then I took him at the end of the summer just so she could see how he was doing. She upped his does of NDF+ (five drops twice daily for two months, then back to once daily after that), added Pleo Not instead of the Pleo Sancom for a month(five drops twice daily). After the month, he was back on Pleo Sancom as before. He was continued on the fish oil (8 caplets daily). Finally, she added milk thistle for a month. he's also taking Juice Plus gummies, which is a whole-food supplement (just like cheating to get more fruits and vegetables into his diet because he's a picky eater).

I know it sounds a little confusing, but she writes everything out; and when I get home, I make a chart for what he's taking in the morning and afternoon. Even my husband can follow it.

I can't tell you the weight I felt off my shoulders after taking Matthew to see her. It was/is an amazing experience. I really couldn't be happier with how it's all going. He's doing great. I'll be taking him in again probably in November so we can see how he's doing and if he needs to take something out or add something in.

If you're interested, I can give you websites for the various products.

Two weeks is just around the corner! I hope everything goes well. Good luck!

Keep hopeful! :)

hi Believer

Just read your post

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me

It all sounds very interesting (and very confusing)

Am looking forward to seeing the Homeopath wonder if she

is similar field to a naturopathic physician????

Thanks again T

Yes, I think it's the same, but I'm not sure either. It is rather confusing. That's why I, too, wanted to take him to somebody who knows what they're doing. Please let me know how everything goes with your visit.

Hello Tracey

I have treated all three of my children for all kinds of health issues over the years with homoeopathy. They have never been to see a conventional GP apart from the eldest when she was very little. On this occasion the GP was unable to help and I turned to homoeopathy in an attempt to resolve her dietary allergies. She has no food intolerances now apart from some additives in Indian food. We can live with that one.

We have AS in our family and each child has varying degrees of difficulties related to this condition as well as the normal run-of-the-mill stuff.

All of their difficulties related to Asperger's have been treated successfully homoeopathically.

You would really never know that my 6 year old daughter spent the first 6 months of her life screaming and has had to deal with a number of other difficulties like separation anxiety, food intolerances, sleep disturbances and so on. She is now a confident happy member of her class. Yes, we have ups and downs, but nothing as debilitating as how she began her life. Currently my 16 year old is being treated for her facial tic. I have every confidence in this problem being eventually resolved and am already noticing a quietening down of it.

The important thing to remember with homoeopathy is that it is a gentle remedy and can take some time to work. It works on both the physical and emotional levels together.

It is a highly skilled process of finding the right remedy as every person will need a different remedy or combination of remedies for a similar problem depending on how they are affected by the problem. it is quite complicated and practitioners study for a number of years before qualifying. There is a society that they should be registered with to give you confidence in your practitioner's ability. http://www.homeopathy-soh.com/

All too often people do not give the process a chance and when they are not immediately better or cured they think that homoeopathy doesn't work and dismiss it outright.

Interestingly, most people when using conventional medicene, even simple over-the-counter pain relief, will try some other form of conventional treatment if the first choice doesn't work rather than dismiss conventional medicene completely. In fact, I have known people to persist in finding the right tablets until they find something that works for them. We seem to accept this process within conventional medicene but have different expectations for homoeopathy. In reality it is the same process of finding the right remedy for each individual.

I think homoeopathy is also available on the NHS now too.

Might be worth talking to your GP about funding for it.

Wishing your daughter good health

Delyth

Just reading my last post and need to make it clear that I don't think homoeopathy can cure autism in case I misled anyone.

It can help restore the body's balance and that process of restoration can then improve some of the related symptoms of autism. These symptoms will come and go with time depending on things happening in a child's development and environment, so homoeopathic treament will be an on going process.

I absolutely agree with Delyth regarding conventional medicine. These doctors are really trained to medicate -- they simply go down the line until they find something that works, if anything at all. Unfortunately, some or most of the pharaceuticals cause side effects that you then sometimes have to treat with other medications. It seems to be a vicous circle. I've found the natural methods to be much more gentle, and I don't have any misgivings about giving a natural supplement to my child. I am extremely reluctant to give him something like Ritalin or some of the others "drugs of choice" at the moment. It's just very scary.

Good luck with your daughter.