Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

A great idea!! for those evil eyes at the shops

Alex designed his own tshirt for our tour of Europe when he was 9. He ended up with a picture of a transformer on the front with the words "I'm autistic" and on the back was "What's your excuse?". He wore it until he couldn't get into it anymore and took great delight in pulling off his jumper to twirl around in front of anyone that dared to make a comment about his behaviour :whistle:

We got some business card size information cards from the NAS that state: This child has Aspergers...

I carry some in my wallet all the time following an incident in a shop some years ago. I've never had to use them yet, but they are there for when I do!

I like the 'what's your excuse' one, and the 'I'm not just cute, I'm autistic' one too :)

The ones on the general disability page are good too:

Didn't your parents teach you it's rude to stare

I'm not an alien I have a disability

Please bee patient I'm special (with a pic of a bee)

Alex designed his own tshirt for our tour of Europe when he was 9. He ended up with a picture of a transformer on the front with the words "I'm autistic" and on the back was "What's your excuse?". He wore it until he couldn't get into it anymore and took great delight in pulling off his jumper to twirl around in front of anyone that dared to make a comment about his behaviour :whistle:

Amazing. I want a shirt like that.

And no, you can never be too old for Transformers.

We got some business card size information cards from the NAS that state: This child has Aspergers...

I carry some in my wallet all the time following an incident in a shop some years ago. I've never had to use them yet, but they are there for when I do!

The don't fit down peoples throats if you put them in sideways ;)

Brilliant i'm going to try and order some stickers!

And no, you can never be too old for Transformers.

Arggh and I was so hoping that 10 years of "Robots in disguise" we might be able to at least skim a few of the broken transformers and maybe the odd "transformed" tissue or too into the bin :pray:

The fascination is spreading and my stepson has announced he wants a spiderman transformer for Christmas " as long as Alex will sort it for me" :wub: Meanwhile Alex wants another box of tissues to transform :wacko:

I thought it was such a good idea that we've been out and bought a couple of white tshirts and some iron on transfer paper, Callum is now the proud owner of a "Yu-Gi-Oh" autism T-shirt!!

Malc

Arggh and I was so hoping that 10 years of "Robots in disguise" we might be able to at least skim a few of the broken transformers and maybe the odd "transformed" tissue or too into the bin :pray:

The fascination is spreading and my stepson has announced he wants a spiderman transformer for Christmas " as long as Alex will sort it for me" :wub: Meanwhile Alex wants another box of tissues to transform :wacko:

10 years? I started buying them in 1989 and still haven't stopped. Have to love OCD.

When I was in Spain I did see a transforming Spiderman in a cheap Chinese giftshop; but it was a bootleg and called "Clamberman". Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

DS - i have spent the majority of today sorting out Transformer bits.......my little lad is absolutely addicted!

I use the NAS 'This little person has Aspergers'.... cards. They fit nicely into the back posket of my jeans. Have saved my backside on a number of occasions B)

The don't fit down peoples throats if you put them in sideways ;)

Hmm...never tried that! How do I find an excuse to try it? :lol:

I have some cards from the NAS. Had some bad experiences in tesco's and B&Q so have a stash in my purse for such occasions now. Next time I 'hand one out' I might actually get Tyler to give it to whoever is judging......... ;)

They say 'This young person has autism' on them then go on to explain in 2 or 3 bullet points what autism is. A real "stick that in your pipe and smoke it" card!!!!

Just bumping this as there is a good link in the first post for T shirts.

:notworthy::thumbs: awesome!!! :lol:

F :)

Blimey! i thought I'd fallen through a wormhole in the space/time continuum!! (all together now with the Dr Who theme tune - diddly-dum-diddly-dum-diddly-dum-diddly diddly...

And, no, that was not the theme tune to 'Hoppity'. That went: Diddly-dum-Diddly-dee-Diddly-dum-Diddly-dee! :lol::lol:

Now - all that rubbish aside (which is probably where it belongs)...)

Thanks for bumping, Frangipani - well worth a second view :D:D

What I really like about these designs are how positive they are. I have a bit of a 'thing' about a couple of them :o but the majority are wonderful...

L&P

BD :D

I saw a funny tee shirt they other day, which I thought was quite funny, it was one of the regulars at church who leads the School of Creative Arts, they have a college with lots of courses.

The tee shirt read, I am a Bomb Technician, if you see me running Try and keep up!!

:lol::devil:

A freind of ours who has Tourette Syndrome has a fab top that says " If you keep staring I might do a trick!" Fantastic! Someone else also came up with the slogan "Are you staring at my tics?" for female's with TS!!