Sign in to follow this  
Suze

What was your nick name at school?

Following on from Nemo,s Teacher/name thread.Just wondered if anyone had a nickname at school.I was given a few, a couple were a bit nasty.....not terms of endearment.Anyway no laughing....here goes, Mole head. :( ....and mersey tunnel mouth :tearful: ...........I loved school :thumbs:

Mine was Fadg.

My Dad was a cockney and when my Mum was in labour with me, they told him the baby would be a few hours yet, but Dad pointed out I was already making my way into the world, as he could see my head, which was the size of a fadger (cockney slang for farthing).

I was called Fadg by my teachers, all my friends and family until I hit about 17, when I decided it was uncool and made everyone call me Nicki!!!

:george:

I must have been a deprived child i cant rember ever having on :crying: I gave myself Mum the merciless as my computer nickname and are married to dad the useless lol. lynn

I'm not going to tell you what my father called me - very rude and extremely embarassing for a young teenager and the more obviously I hated it the more he used it. but then he's a complete and utter b*****d.

(he wanted to call me Lucrezia, my mum wouldn't let him).

at school I was Frenchy for a while (before saturday night fever, I look nothing like anybody in that film) but mostly Kizzy from the diddakoi by Rummer Godden.

Zemanski

Parents called me Poppy - that'll be the rosy cheecks then..... (on my face i'd like to point out.... :lol: )

At school i was called Smiley.......hence the name.........'coz i always was/am... :D

Mine was Fido when I was little, as when my Mam was pregnant people asked my Dad if he wanted a boy or a girl, he said neither he wanted a dog called Fido instead :lol: Just typical of his sense of humour

Names as I got older weren't as innocent, started off when I started 'developing' the name 'Chester' started, and 'Dolly' as in Parton when I was about 12/13.

MBI when I hit college which I stil use in part of my usernames on some things :lol:

I didn't have a nickname, apart from the obvious one us red-haired people get from strangers ( I heard someone say g****r behind me in the supermarket today, it was a bloke in his 40's ???!!!)

But a lad in my class at school was nick-named 'Hamburgerbafflebum'

no-one claimed to know why !

I do admit to calling my son 'Barmpotnimkompoop' he thinks it's hilarious but perhaps I'd better stop now....

wac

I was called PINGU at school, and since then I have carried the name with me. (Hence my user name)

I never knew why people called me it.......untill ....... my dear hubby pointed out it was the way i walked.. I apparently walk like a penguin. :wub: Has anyone else noticed that they are shorter on one side?? Im nearly an inch shorter and ive only just realised Is this normal :ph34r: I Blame all the running about, and bending and lifting etc. its worn me half down :whistle: On one side :D

Shaz

x

i was called Smell. Not cos i do, but cos someone once shouted "It's Mel" across the playground and some bright spark shortened that to smell lol. that stayed with me til i was about 15.

Variously: Suave (I didn't think so either), Elk (too rude to explain here) or Ribcage (I've put some weight on since).

Jester comes from Internet Gaming.

:jester:

As does Auriel, my new name being Oyster (taken from the book The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy, by tim burton... i like what oyster boy looks like :) )

Mine was tree trunks. Children can be so cruel :lol: My husband said he was called chimes because he was so skinny that when the wind blew it played a tune on his ribs.

Guest flutter

bugle ( dunno why)

and kizzie, ( i have frizzy hair)

and another word that i cannot type pertaining to my frizzy hair

i must be feeling ok today

have been watching this and not sure bout responding

Because my initials were JR for a while I was called....er....JR. :rolleyes:

(Dallas was at the height of its popularity.)

Edited by Kathryn

mine were duracel :( (yep , red hair)

and crystal tips (very bad perm!)

my hair was the route of all evil in those days......its changed now *phew* :D

i have to admit to calling my daughter molly moo, (midwife called her that on her first visit and it stuck) but i really must stop......shes 10 and hates it :P

:lol: I always got the black eyes in PE jokes too, got used to it and worse a sports bra and swimming costume under my PE kit B) No bruised knees yet, just :lol: Edited by lil_me

Fod - because people said I had a big forehead - quite bizarre because now i'm 27, no forehead doesn't look big at all!

:rolleyes: