Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

family fund grant-could i apply?

:huh: i know this may of been asked before so excuse me if im sounding dim-i did also read through the family fund post

i sent of for the form-but not filled it in

just wondered if i my son would fit criteria-as not sure

because things have been mucked up

he was on high rate care dla till this sept-for which i stupidly filled in other form-then all of a sudden its dropped to low rate :wacko:

i am waiting for my reassessment-rang them up and they r waiting for reports

i now know u need to get help to do form and kind lady at crossroads team helped me do reassessment and told be go back to her whatever outcome is

hes not dx aspergers but im certain he has it if only on the high end of it

he has global developmental delay-and behavouril probs,currently waiting camhs appointment ,has salt,waiting for occupational in school,told teacher all concerns,been allowed to pick him up from front entrance-instead of with other parents,

just that the pre school support worker begs to differ with me on his progress as he shows it all more at home

and they recenlty sent me discharge summary from cdc dept and to be honest its trying to paint a better picture of him than it is

so worried this will muck up the dla assessment-do u think its worth applying to family fund??? :unsure: also moving house soon and my sons probs have helped to ensure a better move for us ie;we have no garden,and i cant take him out to park alot cause he kicks off etc,,,,,we need 3 bedrooms cause theres no way he can share with his younger brother,ect,,,,, would be gratefull to know what u guys think????thanks in advance x

I would fill it in explaining waiting for reassessment as the waiting time especially recently has been months, took 7 months for mine, first applied over a year ago and changed it before decision was made as I'd bought what I had applied for.

As far as the move goes I am pressuming you mean local authority housing, this is basically what I was told from CAB and DR groups, state on the forms the disability and get in writing from a proffesional that he can't share a room as will have an adverse affect on his health, this way they may take it into consideration if family numbers (ie boy and girl) don't qualify you for 3 bedroom. Unsure if them putting in about a garden would help, but worth a shot if they can find a reason why not having one affects his disability.

;) just wanted to add he is on early years action plus at school-would this help towards form filling?

i would also like to say :angry: i cant quite belive how we all seem to be getting fobed off,after reading many posts on this forum and me now going through exactly the same-its an utter disgrace

i have to ask and question every thing -not once apart from here on this wonderfull forum does anybody in the authorities seem to inform you before u have to ask :shame:

if it wasnt for this forum-i would be even more in the dark

THANKS TO ALL THE INFO ON HERE EVERYONE :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:P thanks lil me.i will give it a go.

about the housing-i think i wrote it down wrong

i have been offered a council property and am waiting for keys-it is 3 bedroomed -have 2 boys-but because of older ones probs,he can not share,in fact he cant be left in room on his own for 5 mins with his brother :fight:

so i have at least one piece of good news,[have fought long battle for council house]

energy is dwindling very low at mo :crying: but i will not be defeated :pray:

I know how you feel, been on one waiting list 7 years and was at the top then last week I get a letter saying they have changed the points system, now asylum, ex cons etc above me on list, we're now 20th :wallbash: not racist etc but its ###### annoying.

Sometimes we all feel low when its fight after fight all the time, I get that way too, you are not alone. Pleased you've had at least some good news, good luck with the move I know how stressful it can be.

I don't think educational things are taken into account with FF grants, they never asked me, its not really a reflection of what stresses you are under at home.

Edited by lil_me

to lil me- i been on council list for 4 years-i completely mucked up my chances by going into private rented propertys,and i lost all my points,ive tryed many times with no sucess,i wrote to my local mp and i belive this is what strengthed my case-you should try it,also my money situation /sons probs/and condition of this house that im in[very damp-no yard or nothing-cant open windows-gas bill sky high-house is freezing ect,,,,,,,,,,,,,,] but really feel the mp helped alot,as he goes to head ones,for you,to see what can be done.

i know how you feel too,all i can say is to write letters to them till they get sick of you-i found i could write better than talking face to face.