Sign in to follow this  
smallworld

Without A Trace CH4

This episode is on tomorrow night at 10 pm,

I used to love this , but have missed much of the latest series ( was getting a thing for Jack !!)

I noticed in TV guide that this week they are searching for an autistic boy, I have no other info than this. His disappearance may have more to it, going on previous episodes. Apologies if he turns out to be portrayed as some pyscho/deviant.

It might be worth a look,

I get an excuse to watch Jack :blink: Sorry can't explain the attraction here, perhaps I just want to be found ( have given up watching 'Lost' :wacko: )

wac

Ooooh Jack is lovely :wub::wub:

Again, not sure why I think this but there is definitely something about him :unsure:

I read that a boy with Autism disappears on a field trip but that's as much info as I could find.

It's usually repeated on E4 at some point aswell.

Denisex

It was shown on E4 last week. It was quite sensitively done I thought, and certainly showed the pressures that autism can have on normal family life.

That was really good, probably the best drama I've seen featuring an autistic child. Taciturn Jack was good too !

It's nice to watch something like this that doesn't leave you muttering about the inaccurate portrayal of asd.

wac

I just watched this too, I thought it was quite good. ;)

I especially liked the part where the mum was preparing the child for his trip the next day, then there was a change because his one to one wasn't going so it messed things up, I thought it portrayed things very well.

Thanks for letting us know it was on, I dont normally watch this programme, oh, by the way, Jack did nothing for me :lol::lol::lol::whistle:

Brook

I thought it was really good and it did bring a tear to my eye - but a happy one :wacko:

Zemanski - Jack was the one who found Ian at the end.

Not exactly typical eye candy but oooh :wub:

Denisex

If you're all swooning over Jack,there's hope for me yet! Watched this for the first time last night and thought it was very good.Is the young boy really autistic or is he just a good actor?

I blubbed.

The last scene where the kid was saying "You raised your voice" - could have been our house.

The scene with the parents bickering - is our house.

Clarkie

PS: Jack's cute...but I like the younger one better! :wub:

Missed it too! :(

TV has had to give way to the 10,000 words need for my degree modules 29th Nov and 9th Dec! :wacko:

PS I like Jack too!

Apologies if he turns out to be portrayed as some pyscho/deviant.

Because no aspie would ever be a deviant without the media portraying them as one... Tsh.

Edited by Auriel

The last scene where the kid was saying "You raised your voice" - could have been our house.

May I ask in what context this was said? (Just asking because I used to get frightened by raised voices too)

Hi Noetic,

Ian (the boy who had Autism and who was the one who went missing) said this at the end of the episode when he was re united with his Dad. The reason he ran away (and went missing) was because his Dad had shouted at him.

Hope this helps

Denisex

This is not a series I normally watch, but I'm glad I caught this one. I found the NT son's situation very moving, he was the one closest to the autistic brother. I think I was reminded of my own son who also has a unique relationship with his sister, and despite being half her age he helps and supports her in so many ways. :wub:

Ian (the boy who had Autism and who was the one who went missing) said this at the end of the episode when he was re united with his Dad. The reason he ran away (and went missing) was because his Dad had shouted at him.

Hi

Did he? (Shout at him)

I used to react similarly distraught when I believed my parents were 'shouting'. Turned out my Mum just *slightly* raised her voice telling my dad off for forgetting an item on hs shopping list. :blink:

never watched that one B)