Sign in to follow this  
big mamma

GF/CF Bread

Hi all,

Still battling on with learning how to feed junior on the new diet. I am finding it difficult but I think we are over the worst of the withdrawal now apart from a few manic episodes . I have just found out that the bread my mum has been giving her ( Dietary Specials White Loaf ) has 'milk derivatives in it.

She has finally started eating the Dietary Special Multi -Grain loaf from me but I am now worried that it has milk hidden in it somewhere.

Does anyone else following the diet use this bread and found it OK ?

Please don't make me have to resort to bread-making - my pancakes look strange enough !! ;)

Hi big mamma -

I e-mailed DS over this when Ben started on the Multigrain (on scrip). Was assured there are no milk derivatives, though they don't promote it as DF as their primary market is coeliacs and there's additional costs involved.

Ben's been on it for months woithout any problems, but he can (as I've said before) handle small amounts of dairy anyway, so if there WAS a 'trace elements' issue he'd not be the best guinea pig, if you FMD...

Hope that's helpful

BD :D

Thanks for that - I'm still at the stage of waking up and thinking " Please let her eat something like proper food today ". Very determined though because the night sweats have gone as has constipation so lots of good things already.

Take care