Sign in to follow this  
sue1957

Adrenal glands and vaccination

There's several threads about MMR here and in general discussion, but I'm researching vaccination as a whole from a different perspective and would appreciate some views. >:D<<'>

By accident I found an article about the adrenal glands and it has got me thinking about whether it could in some cases be a factor in late onset autism, or - because they are involved with sex hormone production - problems worsening at puberty. It might have a bearing on vaccination during puberty.

As the adrenals produce the "flight or fright" stress hormones, vaccination itself must be a big stress. The body goes to great lengths to protect the blood stream from sharp objects by having such as thicker skin under the soles of the feet etc, arteries and veins inside the body. Although there are risk areas such as wrists etc, on the whole the body tries to protect the internal organs and blood supply. With invasion by bacterial and viral contaminants the body has the skin as a barrier and if swallowed the body has a chance to vomit or eliminate from the bowel. Same with swallowed heavy metals. Then the body has its own built in chelation kit, via the hair.

So what effect would bacterial/viral contaminants, mercury maybe but it could be any other vaccine filler, plus the shock of a needle being put through a major sense organ like the skin have on the adrenal glands? Already stressed adrenals (for whatever reason) could need to shut down maybe, causing stress related behaviours. It could be the individual response to the stress of vaccination itself, and or any particular component of the vaccine.

As "flight or fright" takes priority over immune function and elimination, maybe in some cases improving the health of the adrenal glands might in turn help immune function and chelation via the hair? :unsure:

The other interesting thing in the article was the effect of adrenal problems on the muscles, particularly causing tension in the "flight or fright" muscles in the legs, one of which is the muscle responsible for walking on your toes.

Anyway the article is at http://www.tuberose.com/Adrenal_Glands.html if anyone is interested.

Am very interested in this! Has anyone pursued this further?? My son had elevated levels of adrenaline when he had some blood tests recently- but I was told it was no real reason for concern!! As with the adrenal gland disfunction, they are so many potential areas of the body that can cause symptoms so similar to those on the asd spectrum.. I would love to get some of these tested to eliminate them as possible causes or symptoms of my sons autism - Is so hard to find out how to get these tests done- Seems that the NHS are convinced that it is a done deal when you get a dx of autism - no testing of possible causes or aggravating factors aside from autism.Or maybe that is just my experience

Am very interested in this! Has anyone pursued this further?? My son had elevated levels of adrenaline when he had some blood tests recently- but I was told it was no real reason for concern!! As with the adrenal gland disfunction, they are so many potential areas of the body that can cause symptoms so similar to those on the asd spectrum

If the raised adrenaline is a one off, I suppose that it would be no real reason for concern, but chronic high adrenaline levels would be, it could lead to adrenal exhaustion. In the short term, if a stress is life threatening, the response is essential for "flight or fight" survival. Chronic and non life threatening stress is the problem. Apart from general life stress from school etc, factors that raise adrenaline include hypoglycaemia, too high protein intake, infections, low calorie and low carbohydrate diets,overexercising, toxins, pain....etc.

Very short summary but symptoms of intermittant high adrenaline can be anxiety, bladder urgency, loose bowel movements, nausea, interrupted sleep (either inability to fall asleep or stay asleep), excessive sweating...... Intermittant low adrenaline levels can cause allergies, asthma attack, increased susceptibility to infections, insomnia, mental exhaustion.... Adrenaline/cortisol levels can fluctuate between high and low throughout the day, making some symptoms appear to switch on and off, or be worse at certain times of day. Low adrenaline can trigger cravings for caffeine, sugar etc to "self medicate." Haven't listed all the symptoms of high and low adrenaline, and some symptoms could be a sign of either. Then there's cortisol....

The problem with blood tests for adrenaline (or cortisol) is that to get an accurate picture, you would probably need several, done at different times of day. But if someone is constantly stressed, then I would assume they have adrenaline/cortisol problems.

If you can find out the stressors which are lifestyle based, reduce the simple ones first, then work on the others, its possible to reduce "lifestyle based" stress symptoms. The book I'm working from has nothing to do with AS, but if you are interested in reading more about adrenaline/cortisol/seratonin/insulin etc, then PM me and I'll give you the details.