Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Went to the barbers without mum or dad

My AS son is now 9 years old and he's gone from a little boy who screamed the barbers down to a point where there was only one barber in North East England who would touch him :lol: to venturing along with just his older brother for a calm haircut.

We are very lucky that a new barbers opened about 100 yards from our house earlier this year and she's superb with kids - "skater" styles are her speciality and she even named the Barber Shop after her son who was her inspiration.

Anyway, off he went on Saturday and sat down on the chair, very grown-up like and the barber asked what he would like. He looked at the board and stated quite categorically:

"I'll have a 'boy's haircut, aged under 16' ".

His brother said: "No, she means what style would you like? Short back and sides, skater style whatever."

"I'll have what it says there: 'boy's haircut, aged under 16.'" stated Martin.

So his brother asked the barber to give him an appropriate style which he was very pleased with.

He came back home and I said to him: "That's a nice haircut Martin, what did you ask for?"

and you guessed it - the reply came back "A boy's haircut, aged under 16."

Well, at least she'll remember him B)

My girl friend (mid 20's AS) will not let ANYONE touch her hair! One of my friends usually manages to trim the ends when she is obsessing over a disney film!

My hubby is a hairdresser, so he's always cut Alex's hair. It used to be terrible when he was little, he used to go mad even just seeing the scissors or clippers.