Sign in to follow this  
opal

seeing Dr to discuss advice needed

This is my first appointment on Friday seeing a DR regarding AS for my Son he is 9.

cant remember what the DRs title is.I have seen the family mental health team worker but have pushed for an assesment.

Any advice to try and get a dx. Any advice at all as I am very worried about the appointment. I have been told by one medical person that they doubt my son will get a dx. He is not severve enougha nd has not shown any traits of AS to them.

He is very different in a more relaxed environment as well you all will know. he lets hs true feeling and stresses out at home but keeps it well hidden at school or in medical appointments.

Stressed and worried. been waiting for over a year dont want to mess up now. I have been on this board a while ago and you have helped me in the past.

Edited by opal

I cant give you much advice I'm afraid but just because someone"Behaves normally" in certain situations does not mean thet don't have as.I have mild as and am well able to appear okay unless you know me well or know as well.Anyone worth they're salt would be well aware of this sadly not everyone is clued up about as.Best of luck

Opal,

Try to prepare and indepth profile of your son from his birth to the present day. If you have any official reports take them with you to the meeting. Don't forget to make a list of any niggling questions that you have, so that you can put them to the doctor.

My appointment was cancelled but have spoke to the dr on phone and he seems great. Very understanding and has given me hope that we get it sorted what ever help my son needs.

Go an appointent in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed and i think we are getting there at last.

THe dr is a pychiatrist.