Sign in to follow this  
LKS

P Levels

That was interesting. Just got back. Lots and lots of letters in there involving wrangling between LEA and school re funding :devil: There were 2 big folders with literacy and numeracy planning sheets in. These were really good as it told me exactly what they are working on with daughter and the problems or successes they had encountered. Then I found 3 sheets with year 3 results for children working below QCA level. This listed reading, writing,speaking and listening and also broke numeracy down into using and applying maths, shape and space etc. Levels all clearly written and explanations of what is required to reach certain levels. Didn't need a rocket scientist to understand. Although this is last years results, why they couldn't have shared these with me I don't know.

There were also lots of e-mails one was a copy I had sent about 18 months ago when I had first started asking for a little more information regarding son and daughter, both statemented. This had obviously been forwarded on to the senco from the school secretary it reads Hello A**** sorry to bother you on your day off-here it comes! What is she(they mean me) actually saying- information overload YES!, but she still wants to keep her beady eye on you! Well thats told me :angry: How b****y dare they. How dare a school secretary presume to express an opinion on something she knows F all about :angry: Obviously the senco has been playing the poor little me role to the hilt :crying: I'm sick to the back teeth with them all and I don't really know whether I want my daughter to continue at a school such as this anymore

I'm really pleased that you FINALLY got to read your daughter's SEN files

but..........

I don't blame you for being angry with the comments that were written about you :angry: , if you didn't chase up things with the school, you'd probably be called an uncaring parent.

If you took a copies of it, send a copy to PN and see what she says about it :devil:

Annie

>:D<<'>

thanks annie. It is one of the pieces of info I have asked for a copy of. I asked the secretary if I could have a copy of this straight away and she said no I'm just off to lunch. Wouldn't allow me to do a copy either. no-one else available :wallbash: I bet it's in the shredder somewhere now :wallbash: The reason I am so upset is this secretary has always been so friendly to me and our oldest boys have known each other for years. My e-mail that it concerned was really polite and in fact I'm really careful what I put in e-mails. But how unprofessional for a secretary to pass comments on a parent in writing. What they all discuss in the staff room is another matter. I know I'm over-reacting but this yesterday summed up the attitude of a LOT of the staff working there. It has really hurt me. and there was I thinking I was getting really hard now :whistle:

If they have destroyed it then they are in serious trouble. There are very strict laws regarding the storage of information. Mrs P informs me that they are supposed to keep all pupil profile records for 6 years...after compolsary school age! In future take a camera/camera phone and take a photo. There is little point in them allowing you in to access these records if they then walk off and don't let you have copies. I know how it must be making you feel but you need to complain about this, if need be by phone to the LEA/DfES in front of them. Bring in the big guns and point them straight at them!

This is simply not good enough. :angry:

LKS

I don't think you're over-reacting at all. If it was me I'd get right back in there today and don't leave without the copy.

I'm sure the LEA won't be impressed - this shows the attitude of the school. If they treat you like this, how do they treat the children. :angry:

LKS cannot believe what I read ... you are absolutely right to be offended by what was written, this extremely unproffesional, I came across similar things in T's file when I got copies of his records, it just goes to show the hypocrisy (sp?) and double standards that exist in many of our schools. And some people think that us parents are wrong to be cynical about schools/LEA's/professionals etc .. I think not, the result is I never fully trust anyone now wtih regard to T's education and make sure I have everything in black and white, copied and filed.

You have done the right thing, and a complaint is definitely the right thing to do here.

HHxx

Have just spoken to the COG on the phone. Firstly she wanted to apologise for the misunderstanding regarding the fees for the copying(45p per copy) She said that they had been given conflicting advice by the LEA there's a surprise. We then got on to the subject ot the e-mail and she asked if I would be satisfied with an apology from the head :wacko: I confirmed that I had been forced to ask to view my daughter's records as the senco was unwilling to give me the information I asked for. She replied that the senco had made repeated attempts to meet with me to discuss the levels of attainment. I said I did not require a meeting and found it bizarre that the senco refused to give me the info without a meeting. She went quiet then. I asked her if she recognised that there was a common theme running through my various problems with the school and she did admit it seemed to be the senco and her lack of communication with me. Woopy doo. If I do get a letter of apology I bet the head manages to do it with bad grace like he usually does :angry:

:dance::clap::dance::clap::dance:

:pray: Oh goodie! :pray:

:devil: Rubs hands with glee :devil:

Acknowledge her phone call in writing, details as in your posting, and say you would welcome an apology from the head as a start towards rebuilding your relationship with them.

Why?

Because it will require a writen response. If, in that response, she does not disagree with what you have said about the Senco's actions and the way the school have behaved over this, then she will basicaly have admitted the school were wrong...the apology would be the icing on the cake! :clap:

LKS,

You have been treated with such disrespect.

Please don't waste any time waiting for the school to provide you with the photocopied information. Pay an unexpected visit to the school (not during the breaktime/lunch hour) and ask the secretary again to photocopy your daughter's documentation. If the secretary isn't available to do it then ask the headteacher to do it.

Oh yes my life would be complete (how sad I am) to see the head at the photocopier copying large amounts of paperwork for me. I shall be very particular and tell him if I think it is too light/dark :lol: Phas you are right about the letter to the COG it will finish things off nicely. If there is anyway the head can wriggle out of this he will. I can imagine him coming up to me in the playground and offering a sort of apology but I won't accept this, I want it in writing :devil: I am quite convinced now that my relationship with the head and senco is beyond repair and nothing they say or do will change this. Hopefully I won't have much to do with them :whistle:Thank you Helen for providing me with the info about the copying charges. The LEA once charged me 10p a copy do you think I can ask for a refund :lol: I would never have got this far if it wasn't for all of you. It took me a while to realise that I was a victim of a sort of bullying. :thumbs:

This query regarding p levels really relates to some of my problems. At my childres review I asking about p levels. In the report there were levels for everything but maths. A phonecall with the head a few days later when I asked about resulted in me being told I knew what the p levels were and I was an intelligent person who could work it out myself???????