Sign in to follow this  
dorsetmummy

Dont even know what to call topic

I dont really know where to start but i have done nothing but cry and agonise over things for the last week or so.

As you know sophie was excluded from school, she is in the middle of an asd assessment, and our next appointment is 7th dec.

She has a wetting problem too and some boys in her class call her names, and this resulted in sophie losing it and hitting and biting and screaming.

She was expected to go back to school yesterday, but i refused to take her because it was her birthday and i didnt want those kids to spoil her day for her.

I then refused to take her back until there is a meeting and things are sorted.

An educational social worker came to see me yesterday, and i discussed everything with her, the behavioural problems, wetting, name calling etc etc.

She has arranged a meeting at school tomorrow morning for me her and the head teacher. To discuss all these problems and hopefully come to some sort of a resolve.

BUT i really cannot face it, I cant find it in myself to be polite to the headteacher, the school excluded her because they CANNOT deal with her, so why the hell do i have to send her back to a school that cannot deal with her.

discussed the alternatives with the s w and she said the only other alternative would be education otherwise, and i really dont know if i would be strong/ good ebough to do this.

Why do i have to sit there and be polite when i really dont want to. they are useless with her. and i really dont want to send her back.

I have cried and cried and cried, am crying now, they whole sysytem at the moment is completely failing my daughter and i am supposed to sit there and be polite, i just havnt got it in me.

Julie

I can understand your frustration and anger - lots of us have been there

could you face a meeting with a friend or supporter to back you up - parent partnership can provide a supporter, sometimes they are very good (not always unfortunately) and can go through things with you to help you make decisions. It's also well worth discussing your situation with IPSEA (be persistent they are hard to get through to)

http://www.ipsea.org.uk/

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Zemanski

Hi Julie,

I am so sorry for all the problems you are having with your daughters school. I don't know what to say except I am thinking of you and if you attend the meeting tomorrow I hope it goes ok.

Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Guest flutter

hun

i see where you are coming from

but u do needs to go to the meeting, someone else has to take some repsonsibility for education too

take someone with you for support

if i was closer i would come

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry to hear you are having to deal with all this, I know how alone you can feel at times, I really hope the meeting goes well for you :pray: Thinking of you both

Oh Julie

You sound really down - big hugs to you.

You're in a really difficult place right now - and so is your daughter. I know how it feels to want to just shut down but, for both your sakes, go to the meeting. You can't do anything, or make any real decisions unless you do. Take a friend or someone from PP for support. Even if you sit there crying I think it's better than not going. If you don't play the game you can't win it - and win it you shall.

If you can write things down before you go and make notes in the meeting then come back here, speak to IPSEA and decide what you want to do for the best with all the information you've gathered.

We'll all be here for you.

Barefoot

:( ,Julie , I agree with everyone , try and be brave and go tomorrow, you must take someone with you aswell.I would definitely be honest with the head, tell them :devil: politely how you feel.Get someone to take the minutes aswell.This could be important for future evidence.You,ve been through a dreadful time, but keep fighting your corner, hope it goes o.k., Suzex >:D<<'> >:D<<'>