Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Explaining AS to my son

My little boy never, ever fails to amaze me :D

We were chatting about his new LSA (1-1 support for him 3 hrs a day), i was asking him what she was like etc...

"She has brown hair" was about the best answer he gave me :blink: . He bagan to talk about what's 'tricky' for him - which surprised me as he never mentions thing like that (he's obviously becoming aware he's different). I asked him if he knew why he found these things tricky... His answer... "''cause of my aullism mummy" ... and rolled his eyes!

He went on to say that 'one lady helps me to listen really hard' (Paed), 'one lady helps me understand really hard' (speech therapist) and 'one lady helps me with tricky things at school' (LSA). :wub::wub:

I very gingerly talked about Aspergers with him (said it was another word for Aullism!). I kept it short and sweet - didn't want to overload him. But i wish you could have seen his face - i was explaining the main things he finds difficult.... he just kept saying 'your right mummy - i do!!'. He had such a look of relief :wub:

Early days and all that - but bless him :wub::wub::D

(Ps - i asked him what mummy helps with.... "oh, EVERYTHING mummy, 'cause you love me, and i'm your baby" :tearful::wub: )

how sweet. Me too, got the tears in my eyes! Thats just lovely, i bet you were chuffed. :wub: