annie

I am fuming

Hi Annie >:D<<'>

I am late to that thread but really I cannot believe what I am reading, this is sooo sick and unprofessional how on earth anybody with some kind of decency can act like this, I don't know really don't. :wallbash::angry::wallbash:

This stupid cow :devil: has no right to do that to you, she has no right to call you at home this is the work of the police if they really think is your son they should go with it, she obviously has a fair idea that it is not him. :angry:

My advice is to go to a solicitor and ask them to send a letter threatening legal action against harrassment and false accusation, :ninja: beleive me once she'll get the letter from a solicitor she probably will shut-up. You can as well ask for an injonction against them usualy they would give you one for 6 months.

As if you need any kind of agravation, who is that cleaner anyway, identification process can only be done through the police procedure and it is not an easy task.

This is really :sick::sick::sick: &&(^%&(^%$� (strong language). :devil::devil:

Hope you will get it all sorted, what waste of your time. :oops:

Take care. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Malika.

Annie,

I've only just seen this. I'm not surprised you're fuming, I'm sorry they're still causing you so much upset; the DH's attitude and approach is definitely very unprofessional. Hope you manage to get something sorted today.

Annie

By law you can get copies of any CCTV footage which has captured you (or that they claim has). All you have to do is request it in writing. A charge of up to �5 (and no more) can be made per copied tape. The only legitimate excuse for not handing them over is National Security!

So if this goes any further, I'd stongly suggest that you get copies and give them to the solicitor.

Stay Strong

nemo

:unsure: Annie any news today?????..............did you get in touch with the ploice, or Head???...........thinking of you best of luck.

Hi Katkin,

Still no call from the Head :angry: . Hubby's just gone round to post the letters anyway, making sure all of the letters are signed for at the other end :thumbs: .

My friend has just left, she reckons that the message hasn't been past on to the Head, wouldn't be at all surprised if the message accidently got lost. not that I believe they would do that :devil: .

I honestly don't think the Head knows what his staff are like. He WILL soon find out.

XX

Just had a call from the school telling me..........

School - "Mr ********* hasn't been in today, well he was, but only briefly, I've just gone through his messages, and you have asked for him to call you, would you like him to call you tomorrow?".

Me - "Yes please, that will be fine".

School - "OK, thank you".

THE END

Well done Annie. I can't see the head being able to wriggle out of looking into this after you have spoken to the LEA bod and sent a letter to the CoG. Stand your ground on this one Annie.

Thanks Phas >:D<<'> ,

The letters should all be received tomorrow morning (sent them anyway), it will be interesting to see what happens.

I am going to stand my ground on this and will not be happy until somebody has got to the bottom of things. Either way, we want and deserve a written apology and we feel the DH should be pulled up and punished (whatever punishment you can give someone in her position??). School staff should not phone parents threatening them if they cannot back up their claims, in which case she should not have called me anyway, but called the police.

XX

Annie

She is not ringing a parent up, she is ringing a member of the public who once had a child at her school. I am sure the police aren't best pleased that she is conducting her own investigation and interviewing potential witnesses before reporting the matter to police (She has presumably rung the parents of the other children as well).

They say pride comes before a fall....

Simon

Hi Annie glad you've got those letters in the post. Would love to be a fly on the wall when they are received tee hee. I think as your son is an EX pupil they should not have contacted you for any reason, if it is a case of damage to property or whatever they should have been straight on to the police. As this DH has been guilty of bullying I'm sure the school has an effective anti-bullying policy :devil: If a pupil had behaved as this woman has they would have been down on them like a ton of bricks,if it was an AS pupil they probably would have been excluded. Now there's a thought perhaps some time away from school to reflect on her behaviour. Then some advice from outside agencies to help her to manage her behaviour when she returns :devil:

She has presumably rung the parents of the other children as well).

Interestingly, during BOTH of DH's calls on Friday, she pointed out that 'she would be talking to the other boys' to ask them to confirm that Alex was with them.

If she made the first call at 9.30-9.45am, the second call at around 5pm, and made the same comment during BOTH calls, I would like to know why she hadn't asked them on Friday at school, presumably they were at school. Doesn't sound like she was too worried about them egging and breaking into the school, does it?

THERE WERE NO BOYS, NO CLEANER, NO INCIDENT me thinks. (Sorry I'm not shouting).

It there were no cleaner and no incident then she is a very sill girl indeed and the headmaster would have no alternative but to suspend her pending discipliniary action.

What is slightly more likely is that there was some kind of incident and due to past ill-feeling, rather than approach things ina professional manner she has jumped at the opportunity to 'settle an old score', but has failed to check her facts properly first which will is still unprofessional at best and should leave her in a lot of trouble.

Simon

So maybe she's reading this forum? Perhaps she thought it would be a good idea to stir you up to see what happened. What she will not have thought through is the fact that the police WILL be able to trace these calls to the phone number they were made from whether it was, her home, the school or a mobile.

Oh dear!

That's why it was important you complained offically and through the right procedure. Hopefully the bod from the LEA will have outlined that to you exactly. You need to follow their policy to the letter. Give them no excuse to wriggle out of dealing with this. In my experience if you try to skip a stage they send you right back to the start. The hope being if they can drag it out long enough you get fed up and give up. Don't!

Edited by phasmid

Annie....what happened re the police ....did you friend in the know check if a complaint had been made by the school?.................... >:D<<'> .for you :wub:

Simon - I would like to think (at best, if you can call it that) that the Incident/ill-feeling was what had happened.

Phasmid - The LEA bod did explain the procedure to me. He stressed that I should get the letter to him, like now, so that it is on record in case of any future events.

He said that the Head should be able to resolve the matter himself, if not, then it would go to Board of Govenors, then the LEA. He did agree that I should send all 3 copies of the letter of complaint, as he said it is a serious complaint.

Suze - The report has not been made as far as we are aware. It's 5 days since 'it' happened, so I don't think it will be made now. A bit stupid reporting it after 5 days anyway?????

XX

Hi Simon,

Still no news :wallbash: .

Everybody would have received their letters by now.

Do you think the Head would reply in writing now rather than by phone??

XX

Edited by annie

Do you think the Head would reply in writing now rather than by phone??

I suspect so, now that it's getting worryingly 'official'. Due to the demented DH, there was never any point at which "we can sort this out with a friendly chat".

I suspect the head will be writing his/her best a**e-covering letter to absolve the school of any responsibility, without actually hanging DH out to dry. A tricky one, which will probably take a while to get right. It will probably end with "Please accept our apologies for this slight indiscretion, and I hope we can put it behind us." or some such waffle.

Would the journalist who wrote the earlier article be interested in a follow-up? :devil:

Fight the good fight

nemo

Would the journalist who wrote the earlier article be interested in a follow-up? 

Nemo, you are a :devil: - I was thinking along the same lines ;)

I know my local paper would be, when I spoke to her a few months ago she did say to contact her when I felt ready (fight with school was going on then).

Phasmid,

Have pm'd you.............but you already know that.

Well, we didn't hear anything today, so it certainly looks like we may be getting a letter in the post.........well I did ask for the Head to call me urgently 9.30am yesterday......and school called at 3.15pm yesterday to ask if I wanted him to call me today.

Anybody would think I'm keeping records or something :devil:

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Annie,

Sorry a bit late on the thread just noticed this today. Gosh if you were living in America they would be saying sue the B*****ds for defamation. They have caused you enough grief, and they have no right to treat you like this. Go to the top :ninja::star:

We'll be here :groupwave:

Hailey

>:D<<'> Thanks Hailey >:D<<'>

I haven't heard anything yet. According to the recorded delivery reference numbers, the letters were delivered by 11.30am yesterday. So they have them. I'd love to be a fly on the wall :devil: .

I will let you all know when I hear anything.

Annie

XX

Well, this is the reply (appropriately **'d)

Many thanks for your letter of 20th November 2005 that arrived here this morning via recorded delivery.

I have to say that I know nothing of the actions of Miss **** that you report, nor of Alex being a suspect in the disgraceful events of the evening of Wednesday 16th November. What I do know is that a group of youths were on site for a significant period after 6.30pm. They threatened members of staff, one hit a member of the public (one of our parents) with an egg in Room 6, a number of cars belonging to visitors to the school were damaged and a significant number of windows in classrooms were broken with eggs thrown over the carpets and learning materials. We are still receiving estimates for the repairs, but the total cost will amount to several thousands of pounds. This matter is being put in the hands of the police, and the Governing Body will promote a presecution against anyone suspected of this appalling crime.

It is interesting to note that the police officers with whom you have dealt have not had the courtesy to make contact with the school. I should be grateful for the names of the officers concerned so that I can persure the matter formally.

As a matter of course I shall ask Miss **** for her comments with respect to your allegations.

Yours sincerely,

I wrote in my original letter that I asked the police for advise. I didn't make a report.

Head has replied without even speaking to DH.

Letter says that Alex is not a suspect???? funny I thought a cleaner could definately ID him.

I have spoken to the police/education liaison people. Nice lady has dictated a letter for me to send back to Head :thumbs: . She also told me to send copies of everything to COG/LEA/MP/Ruth Kelly, anybody and everybody.

The police have also told me that the school have STILL not reported the orignal crime to them....strange considering what the Head has stated happened in his OWN letter.

to be continued.............

Hi Annie

This is bullying and trying to call your bluff - I don't think they really believe that you have contacted the police.

I thought they were the victims of the incident - why would your police contact get in touch as a matter of courtesy!!! - Surely , normal procedure is for us to report crime - so why the umbrage that the police have not contacted them!!!

Smellier and smellier and smellier and smellier :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

What I do know is that a group of youths were on site for a significant period after 6.30pm. They threatened members of staff, one hit a member of the public (one of our parents) with an egg in Room 6, a number of cars belonging to visitors to the school were damaged and a significant number of windows in classrooms were broken with eggs thrown over the carpets and learning materials. We are still receiving estimates for the repairs, but the total cost will amount to several thousands of pounds. This matter is being put in the hands of the police, and the Governing Body will promote a presecution against anyone suspected of this appalling crime.

Annie why is he telling you all this? This particular piece of information is irrelevant to you because it doesn't concern you :angry:

Helen53 - Exactly :angry:

AND my complaint to the Head was NOTHING to do with the crime as such, but the fact that a member of staff had called me twice telling me that my son had commited a crime but was not prepared to report it to the police and clear Alex of any involvement.

Helen - again, I totally agree for the above reasons.

The arrogance of the man is breathtaking.

he has a right to be upset if someone vandalises his school, what he does not have is the right to be so rude and off-hand with a member of the public who has no connection whatseover with the incident. His behaviour is immature and petulant and ill becomes soeone who should be a pillar of the local comminity.

And it he was THAT bothered by the incident he should have reported it to the police, which he hasn't.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove