annie

I am fuming

It's one of those letters that just begs for a vitriolic reply. Well done for staying calm and getting a reply from the police instead. Listing the damage done was done, presumably, to make you feel sorry for them. The fact that the DH claims that Alex can be positively identified means that the Head is just listing what Alex is accused of. And this is supposed to make you sorry for them? :blink:

The language of the letter is designed to trivialise (if not ignore completely) your complaint. Maybe if someone could point out that the DH is angling for a 6-month prison term, he/she might not be quite so flippant.

Anyway, you're cooking up a storm, keep stirring! :clap:

What I do know is that a group of youths were on site for a significant period after 6.30pm. They threatened members of staff, one hit a member of the public (one of our parents) with an egg in Room 6, a number of cars belonging to visitors to the school were damaged and a significant number of windows in classrooms were broken with eggs thrown over the carpets and learning materials. We are still receiving estimates for the repairs, but the total cost will amount to several thousands of pounds. This matter is being put in the hands of the police, and the Governing Body will promote a presecution against anyone suspected of this appalling crime.

To me, this sounds like a veiled threat/warning. I don't like the feeling of this being in the letter AT ALL!!!

It is interesting to note that the police officers with whom you have dealt have not had the courtesy to make contact with the school. I should be grateful for the names of the officers concerned so that I can persure the matter formally.

Why does he need the names of the officers YOU contacted to 'persue the matter formally'? If he wants to persue it formally, then he needs to contact his local police station!

This whole incident smells VERY fishy. I don't like it one bit, and I feel sorry for you and your son having been put in this situation.

Keep writing your letters. Keep in touch with the people who are helping you at the moment. Don't let your guard down.

DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS INTIMIDATION!

Annie >:D<<'>

:angry::wallbash::angry::wallbash::angry::wallbash::crying:

I am interested and I am reading - when I can - but things up North have been manic now for over 48 hours.

Carole

I've spoken to the LEA again this afternoon (the man I spoke to on Monday). He told me that he had received his copy of the complaint. He hasn't received a copy of the Head's reply though.

Mr LEA said that at best, he would think that the Head's letter is an acknowledgement of my complaint, even though he felt what was written was dubious and doesn't give any thought for my original letter. He said to give the Head until Monday to send a follow-up letter. Mr LEA will then call me on Monday to see if I have received anything. He will then call the Head to ask if the complaint has been resolved (knowing it probably wont have been), he will then tell the Head that he agrees that I should get a written apology from DH. Mr LEA has said that he is happy to deal with getting the complaint resolved.

I am happy to wait until Monday to see if he can get anywhere, but in the meantime, I will get letters prepared, just in case.

To be honest this seems to suggest that the school are trying to brush this under the carpet - I think the head is barking or has no idea what is going on. There is so much that makes little sense:

"putting it into the hands of the police" - what rubbish! - why would they not call police in at once if there has been criminal damage/assaults - why wait until the mess has been cleared up and there is no evidence?

If there were people on the premises who were assaulted why were the police not called and how did the criminals remain 'on site for a significant period after 6.30pm'?

Why would the police you spoke to ring the school when the school have not yet reported a crime?

Also sounds as though DH is carrying out a solo witch-hunt

I sincerely doubt that the school is intended to involve the police - just the formal one they need to make for their insurance claim

Hi Puffin,

None of this adds up at all. I know if my house was broken into, I wouldn't wait for eight days to report it to police. As of today they haven't called the police. the incident happened LAST Wednesday (16th).

Something else that's puzzling. The DH told me that a cleaner can positively identify Alex, wouldn't the Head have been informed of that information, from his letter to me, apparently not ????

I believe that there are three staff members on the witch-hunt, the DH drew the short straw and ended up being the one who made the calls to me. I hope she eventually crawls back under the rock that she came out of.

Annie

>:D<<'>

Annie - go get your guns -

Don't let them crawl back under the stone - press charges for harrassment, etc.

Sorry, but this has happened for a reason and I think the reason is for retribution for everything that A went through. At least it will expose them for the nasty individuals that they are.

HelenL

Edited by helenl53

Hi annie as I said to you before If the school have significant repairs/cleaning to do wouldn't this be going through their insurers and don't you have to report the 'crime' to the police so that they can issue you with some sort of ref. number. perhaps it is different for householders but my friend's insurers wouldn't start to deal with her claim before she had this ref. no. That letter from the head is doing what they all do so well replying without really answering anything.

Another interesting point that my police lady friend made this afternoon.

If the crime hasn't been reported to the police after all this time, even if they do report it now, chances are the defense would more than likely throw the case out of court as there would be no acceptable reason for it NOT to have been reported straight after the crime was discovered.

And the moral in all of this - Liars eventualy get caught out.

:( .................Annie I,m shocked the head did,nt do the right thing and apologise, and then get the dh to do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................I would,nt be happy with that letter, why on earth have,nt they reported this to the police?????????????...............I know you,ve asked yourself all these questions any how I,m just peed off for you that they have,nt done the decent thing :wallbash: .Keep up the assault, don,t let them get away with this :shame: .Suzex >:D<<'>

Annie I agree with Suze. That letter is at best very rude; there was no hint of an apology and it's obvious that the running of this school doesn't know it's a**e from it's elbow. They all need their knuckles rapped and I'm sure you'll see that they do! What a nasty bunch of manipulative people.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Lauren

I,m shocked the head did,nt do the right thing and apologise, and then get the dh to do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) Well, an apology is an acknowledgement of guilt, so I'm guessing that this will be the last option that the head and his deputy will consider.

I bet they are running around like blue @**ed flies at the moment, trying to think of ways to cover each others back.

Annie, sending positive vibes your way :hypno: , I sincerely hope you manage to give them a good kick to the kerb! :fight::ninja::star:

Annie, :)

Keep strong, :ninja: this story is getting more confusing as the time passes, they may end up saying it was not this school but another school, wonder what's coming next......... :o

All the people in charge at school seems to lack both responsability and maturity, may be you were right nothing really happen have you heard of it from another source this is intriging??? :ph34r:

The language of the letter is designed to trivialise (if not ignore completely) your complaint. Maybe if someone could point out that the DH is angling for a 6-month prison term, he/she might not be quite so flippant.

I agree with this completly may be they think that you won't be able to prove what has been happening so there is no point taking any notice.

I found the all thing very shocking how are our children going to grow up and take responsabiliies with such example.!!!

Take care. >:D<<'>

Malika.

Hi there Annie

This is better than "Celebrity". Not for the actual incident "that never took place" - but because we all just want to see the school do a BUSH TUCKER TRIAL.

Make 'em eat a few grubs, dangle their wotsits over some snappy crocodiles and then chuck 'em out the plane. We'll hold them, you push them.

Keep going girl - you're doing a fab job - don't let the b******* beat you.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Clarkie

PS - Wasn't gonna post anything tonight but couldn't resist this. Now I'm logging out.

Hi there Annie

This is better than "Celebrity". Not for the actual incident "that never took place" - but because we all just want to see the school do a BUSH TUCKER TRIAL.

Make 'em eat a few grubs, dangle their wotsits over some snappy crocodiles and then chuck 'em out the plane. We'll hold them, you push them.

Keep going girl - you're doing a fab job - don't let the b******* beat you.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Clarkie

PS - Wasn't gonna post anything tonight but couldn't resist this. Now I'm logging out.

Make them eat their WORDS - hopefully they will choke them

Goodness, talk about a fishy situation! Annie, I think you could sell this story to Eastenders/Corrie/the Archers or something, it is just so unbelievable. Thankfully you son is no longer there - hope all the other longsuffering pupils manage to escape mentally unscathed from such an institution! However when the school ends up in the big doodoos it so richly deserves, feel more than a bit of schadenfreude won't you. Love kat

Thankfully you son is no longer there - hope all the other longsuffering pupils manage to escape mentally unscathed from such an institution!

couldnt have said it better myself! Bravo!! :thumbs:

Annie, i'm still ready n waiting with my rotten eggs......jus in case :D

I've just spoken to Mr LEA man. He hasn't heard anything from the school. He is going to e-mail the Head now to let him know that he has a copy of my complaint and feels that DH should apologise to us.

I've told Mr LEA that I will not be happy until I get an apology. He is going to call me once he has a reply.

Annie

:)

Mr LEA man has just called to tell me that he has sent an e-mail to the Head and he hopes that we will both (LEA and us) get a reply within the next couple of days. He said he was calling me to re-assure me that he was on the case and he hopes the reply that we both get will bring the complaint to an end :thumbs::thumbs: .

Can't wait to hear about The Letter :lol: Wish she could be made to apologise in person too, so you can actually see her eating a large helping of humble pie. But the letter will give you some justice. Hope it arrives soon.

I still think she should be sacked.

Lauren

Annie, why didn't Mr. LEA man send you a copy of the email that he sent to the head? This should have been procedure. Ask for a copy of the email for your own records - just to make sure that you and Mr. LEA man are on the same wavelength.

Hey Annie

Keep going girl. Don't let them get away with it. The very least they should do is write a letter of apology from the Governing Body.

Good Luck

Clarkie

Guest hallyscomet

If only cows could fly, what a nasty deposit they could make :lol::):lol::lol::devil:

Hailey

N.B. I can't believe I just said that :ph34r: but oh, what the heck they deserve it. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

All the best Annie :ninja:

Edited by hallyscomet

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, I been knocked out with a rotten cold :tearful: .

I haven't received anything yet, if I don't get anything in the post this morning, I will be calling the Mr LEA. I was going to call them yesterday but ended up going Crimbo shopping, I actually got to starting it :rolleyes: .

I'll let you know later on this morning what happens.

Annie

XX

Hi Annie, give us an update soon as you can. The fact that you're still waiting for this letter is like addint insult to injury. Give 'em hell.

Lauren