annie

I am fuming

I've left a message for Mr LEA, he's in a meeting.

Just popping out (Batcave running out of Refreshers), I'll call him again when I get back about 3pm.

Well, Mr LEA called me back while I was out. I've just spoken to him he said.....

The Head's PA called him and told him that there was going to be a thorough investigation into what happened, who said what etc. Could this be because I also sent a copy of the letter to the Chair of Govenors :devil: . It may take a couple of weeks though, Mr LEA said.

The PA also asked Mr LEA how come he got to be involved, he said he told her that I had also contacted him and sent him a copy of the letter as I was very concerned and distressed by DH's phone calls :devil: . Mr LEA has said when he hears anymore he will contact me and vice-versa. The PA told him that the Head had acknowledged my complaint.

Mr LEA did say that the PA had said the incident (egging)was very serious. He told her he agreed, but that as Alex wasn't involved it was nothing to do with us. which was the reason for my complaint and why we want an apology.

So, sounds like something is happening........to be continued.......again.

:bat:

No fair Annie, you posted that while I was posting.

I guess that acknowledgement that A had nothing to do with the incident is a start at least. The school have had a fair amount of time to investigate this. I'd say they are dragging their heels. I bet they are having one hell of a job wording that letter.

I know you won't back down on this, rightly so. I'd be setting them a time limit to respond in fairly soon.

Well, Mr LEA called me back while I was out. I've just spoken to him he said.....

The Head's PA called him and told him that there was going to be a thorough investigation into what happened, who said what etc. Could this be because I also sent a copy of the letter to the Chair of Govenors :devil: . It may take a couple of weeks though, Mr LEA said.

The PA also asked Mr LEA how come he got to be involved, he said he told her that I had also contacted him and sent him a copy of the letter as I was very concerned and distressed by DH's phone calls :devil: . Mr LEA has said when he hears anymore he will contact me and vice-versa. The PA told him that the Head had acknowledged my complaint.

Mr LEA did say that the PA had said the incident (egging)was very serious. He told her he agreed, but that as Alex wasn't involved it was nothing to do with us. which was the reason for my complaint and why we want an apology.

So, sounds like something is happening........to be continued.......again.

:bat:

Good grief - sould like the head is trying to find a way to wiggle out of this - and still not addressing the main issue - that the school should not be contacting people who are not at the school directly!

there was going to be a thorough investigation into what happened

Going to be? How long is it now since the event? I still can't see why they haven't contacted the police for such serious damage.

Hope there's another installment of this fascinating soap opera soon :rolleyes:

(not trying to trivialise it, Annie, it's just such fun imagining them squirming :devil: )

nemo

I don't know if anybody agrees, but because I sent the letters to Head/Chair of Governors/LEA, wouldn't the COG have to look into my complaint??

I'm hoping :pray: that from the way Mr LEA worded his conversation with me ie who said what, that they are trying to get to the bottom of the content of the calls - DH being a b***h and lying (there was NO cleaner who could ID Alex, which I know they couldn't ID him because he wasn't there) OR there was a cleaner that needs their eyes tested. From the Head's letter to me, he had no knowledge of Alex being involved or DH calling me, knowing that it sounds like it could be the first idea :angry: .Either way DH shouldn't have called me anyway.

Everything 'supposedly' happened on 16th November, a bit late to report it to the police I'd say :wacko: .

I can't wait to tell the next installment either :devil: .

Annie

:ninja::bat:

If you have written to the CoG then they HAVE to respond to your letter, regardless of any other communictaion from the school or anyone else arriving (or not) in your letterbox! It may appear on governing body minutes as simply 'letter from parent'; matter dealt with, but they MUST respond.

It is in the governors guide to the law somewhere. I'll try to find the right bit so you can quote it if needs be.

Edited by phasmid

Another week goes by and still no word?

Looks like you're at the top of their list of priorities (of things to put off till after term/Xmas/New Year...) :wallbash:

I still think that the press would get things moving :devil:

nemo

I was planning to give Mr LEA a call on Monday, but I've had lots of things on so far this week.

I will be chasing everybody up :ninja: . I wont accept anything less than an apology.

Please remind me next year not to leave the Christmas shopping 'til nearly the last minute :wacko: plus I had a hospital appointment on Monday and the dentist tomorrow - great.

Annie

X

The fact that they haven't sent the letter yet is an act of aggression itself.

Don't let them forget!

Yuck dentist. I hate the dentist. Good luck :sick:

Lauren

Good grief - no word yet!

Reminds me of that line from the film Erin Brockavitch

"[/i]don't they teach you HTs how to apologise (instead of Lawyers in the film)- cos YOU SUCK AT IT!

Hi Puffin,

Well, I didn't get a Christmas card from the school :whistle: or a letter.

I spoke to Mr LEA a couple of days ago, he hasn't heard anything either. So I'm going to write ANOTHER letter during the holidays so it will be waiting on the Head's desk on his first day back :D .

:ninja::bat:

:huh: ...........came to your thread Annie with great excitement, thinking you,d had an apology just in time for christmas...........but :angry: still no word :angry: ................how very very dare they..........are you bovvered ...I,m bovvered......... :angry:

Just read this for the first time.

un - flipping - believable.

This DH is tapped in the head. Does she often disappear off into la la land?

If you run out of eggs, I have a friend who had an excellent suggestion for revenge on a teacher - pee in their petrol tank. Not necessarily the easiest thing for ladies, but they do sell these little gizmos in the innovations catalogue.............

Seriously - this is truly appalling. I am glad you seem a strong woman that won't let this drop.

Sending you >:D<<'>

Jus t read this thread, how awful. Its a joke that you have had to put so much energy into trying to get someone to just do the right thing. Good luck. Keep strong and have a good christmas.

The kind of person who wants to be a magistrate is normally someone who is the least suitable. Those who crave power are least fit to wield it.

Hopefully she'll end up with egg on her face!

(apologies if this gag has been done, I couldn't be bothered reading all 114 replies!)

Guest hallyscomet

Annie,

Happy New Year

Sounds like you need a few of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

All the best

Hailey >:D<<'>

:oops: Sorry, I've just looked on here.

I was supposed to be writing another letter over Christmas, but I've been a real slacko and haven't done it yet. I think what with Christmas and New Year as well as not having to fight the aurthorites anymore I've been too relaxed. Still, Mr LEA did say I might not hear from school 'til after Christmas.......so.....after Christmas it is, and still nothing, so I HAVE to get my letter written. This time I will put a time limit for a reply.

Thanks for getting me on the case again :thumbs: , I can honestly say I've never felt so relaxed, I'm not used to it after 11 years of fighting non-stop. :wacko::D

Annie

X

Don't put away your guns just yet, Annie. If you need remotivating try reading your first few posts on this thread :angry:

And if that wasn't incentive enough, there's a little present waiting for the day there's some kind of result on this...

In fact it's been waiting for some time :whistle: I just hope it hasn't gone off :sick:

Annie's back in business :bat::ninja:;)

I've just got off the phone to the LEA. The Mr LEA that I had been speaking to is off on leave (surprise, surprise), but I spoke to somebody else.

I told (Miss) LEA, that I still haven't heard anything from the school and that I am very angry that the supposed incident happened on the 18th November and so, as far as I am aware the 'investigation' still hasn't taken place. I also told them that I do not believe that I should have to deal with the school regarding the matter as 1. I realise that there is a complaints procedure, but my son hasn't been at the school since November 2004. therefore the threat was made against a member of the public. 2. The school do not appear to be acknowledging that this is a serious complaint.........so........Miss LEA has asked me to e-mail the Head of Education, telling her that I haven't heard from the school AND I want an apology in writing NOW (Miss LEA is going to fill H of E in on what has happened). Miss LEA in the meantime is going to do some chasing and is coming back to me...........so

sorry, but it is..........STILL to be continued

The fight is back on :ninja:

Ohhhhhhh, she's got her gander up now!

Run for your lives, daft-bint-squaw-lady at the school...lock up you bass broom, cleaner-man-who-forgot-glasses..

Annie - Git yer GUN!!!

seriously, go get 'em tiger, and i wait with baited breath (I've a maggot on my tongue!) ;)

L&P

BD :lol:

Getting it to the very top by the sound of it Annie. Head of Education no less - way to go! Give them about an hour and chase them up, you have got them on the ropes, just don't let up now.

Floats like a buttefly,

stings like a bee,

confused by baddad...

thats our Annie!

Edited by phasmid

:lol::lol:

I've just sent my e-mail off to Head of Edu. I've put in it that I want the apology in writing forthwith (posh for me :rolleyes: ).

Miss LEA called me back, Head of Edu is fully clued up now, even though I've sent everything to them anyway, just to make sure :thumbs: . Miss LEA said Head of Edu is concerned about the nature of the complaint.........so she should be.

In my e-mail, I also slipped in about the Deputy Head being a Magistrate as well :devil:

I'm more teddy bear than tiger.............honest ;)