Sign in to follow this  
reuby2

HFA

Do you know after reading more about this I am coming to the conclusion that it is society as a whole that needs to change it's own rigidness!!!!!

Why should our children be treated as "disabled" just because they do things or see things in a different way??

I have a friend who is dyslexic and when he went to school they thought he was just "thick" yet he is one of the most clever people practically that i know.Anything needs fixing, plumbing, heating, plastering,electrics you name it, he can do it well.Years ago people only recognized intelligence in terms of english and maths however it is now recognized that there are different types of intelligence and ways in which the brain works.It's a bit like because someone is a minority whether it be because of race ,class,language etc it is a problem but it's not really a problem it's just that people around them have to learn a new way of talking to them, perhaps a new language or doing things in a different way.As an example I am a vegetarian and If you tried to make me eat meat because everyone else was and insisted that i had to i would display lots of undesirable behaviour (i Promise). It's the same with some of our kids..certain things are uncomfortable for them or frightening to them...whearas perhaps a lot of other kids wouldn't be bothered....but who says the majority are right just because it doesn't bother them??????

I know that if i speak to my son and explain clearly what i want him to do, he does it.However Dad doesn't speak clearly and does things differently than us so it results in frustration and shouting, hitting etc.

Please ignore me if i have said anything offensive but different isn't a bad thing.A lot of the problems that my son has already and will face are due to other people..their problem...their teasing etc.It's them that need educating. I know I did but it has only taken weeks for me to come to this conclusion. In this day and age of supposed tolerance and educating about different religions etc, everyone should be taught that not everyone thinks or processes things in the same way but...SO WHAT???? DOES IT MATTER????????

Okay rant over...........

Clearing my head and feelings..........

Deep breath.........................................

Hi Reuby -

To paraphrase Kylie -

"Come into our world"...

Frustrating isn't it! :D

That said, while I fully accept that bio-diversity is a wonderful thing, i DO still have a major issue with vegetarianism... 'scuse me, I'm off to nibble an animal carcass :devil:;)

L&P

BD :D

:D:D:D

I might just force you to eat some Quorn!!!!!!

Mmh... Quorn... :thumbs:

Must admit though, for me not eating meat, fish & poultry is entirely a sensory issue - makes me gag :wacko:

Me too. The feeling of saturated fats coating your mouth :sick:

this day and age of supposed tolerance and educating about different religions etc,

Unfortunately it feels as if that age is coming to an end and we're going back to an age of fear and intolerance. The pressure to conform seems to be increasing and now we have CCTV software to recognise 'abnormal behaviour' so the 'perpetrator' can be stopped and questioned I can't see things getting better. :(