Sign in to follow this  
laine

MELTDOWNS

HI ALL C JUST IN FROM SCHOOL PARTY, MELTDOWNS ARE US. AS SOON AS WE GOT INTO THE HOUSE ON WITH PJS AND A STRING OF OBSCENITIES ARE IN FLOW. NOT SURE WHY MAY BE ITS BECAUSE OF THE LOUD NOISES AND MUSIC.HAS ANYONE ELSE ENCOUNTERED THIS?. I DIDNT EXPECT HIM TO HAVE ENJOYED THE PARTY BECAUSE SOCIAL GAHTERINGS ARE NOT FOR HIM. BUT I HAVE ASKED HIM WHAT IS THE MATTER AND HE IS TILL RANTING AND RAVING :fight: THIS UPSETS ME BECAUSE ITS LIKE I HAVE TWO CS. :wallbash:

HIS OLDER SIS WILL BE IN SOON AND YOU CAN BET YOURE BOOTS IT WILL GO OFF AGAIN. :wallbash:

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY REPLIES :tearful:

It could be because of the noise and music, as you say. It could also be because of the change in normal routine...or both! Sometimes it can be the silliest things (we don't always get to the bottom of them here so you may never know). Hope when sis arrives things don't get worse for you.

Hi all

We've also just had the meltdown to top all meltdowns :unsure::unsure:

It was also school party day, and J(9) also gets really stressed at parties and was quite anxious this morning. When I met him, he came out smiling, and told me all about the party and the musical statues. We walked to the train station(him on scooter) and thats when it started.

I told him, for the umpteenth time, not to ride the scooter on the platform, and he just said "Im going to and you cant stop me". :blink:

Well it got worse and worse, and by the time the train arrived, I had to hold J really tighty with one hand, scooter, lunch boxes , book bags, oh and little brother(7) :tearful: in the other hand .

The the shouting started, HELP ME, SHES KILLING ME :crying: and the train was so packed. By the time we got off the train, which is luckily only three stations away, I was sweating profusely, and to be honest wishing the ground would just open and swallow me up. :tearful::crying:

Anyway, we got home, he wouldnt go through the front door, so we had to walk round to the back, then he got in the shed , wouldnt come out, eventually, he came indoors, shouting abuse all the time, went in his room, slamming the door behind him, and got himself undressed and into bed. This was an hour ago, and he has JUST calmed down, although I fear another one any time as well.

So, Laine, just to let you know, you're definitely not alone ;)

love

Sarah

THANKS FOR YOURE REPLY. SOMETIMES I HAVE A DOUBLE WAMMY MY NEPHEW WHO IS ALSO 6, HAS ADHD. I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING HIM FROM SCHOOL THIS WEEK. I HAD THEM BOTH ONE ON EITHER SIDE ACUSING ME OF TRYING TO KILL THEM. IF IT WASNT SO SAD IT WOULD BE FUNNY, BUT ITS REALLY UPSETTING. MY NT HUSBAND IS OUT ON THE DRINK TONIGHT AND HE WILL ALSO ACUSE ME OF TRYING TO KILL HIM BUT HE WILL PROBABLY BE RIGHT ;) )

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT WITH ME AND I HOPE ALL IS QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.

REGARDS LAINEX :thumbs:

The the shouting started, HELP ME, SHES KILLING ME!!!

so sorry sarah,i can imagine how embarrasing that must have been but the image of it made me laugh out loud :lol:

We have,nt done the crimbo party for the last 2 yrs, I pick y son up at dinner time...........he spent one party sitting on the floor :( ..........the school agreed it was too much for him.I,ve helped at these things and it,s h*ll............... :shame: shouting, yelling, spitting food, horrible, can understand his feelings completely :wacko:

sophies school disco was tonight, but unfortunately she didnt go, i just felt it would be too much too expect of her, it breaks my heart that she has to be ;eft out of these things though, but we will make it up to her.

Julie

The the shouting started, HELP ME, SHES KILLING ME  :crying:  and the train was so packed.  By the time we got off the train, which is luckily only three stations away, I was sweating profusely, and to be honest wishing the ground would just open and swallow me up.  :tearful:  :crying:

Anyway, we got home, he wouldnt go through the front door, so we had to walk round to the back, then he got in the shed , wouldnt come out, eventually, he came indoors, shouting abuse all the time, went in his room, slamming the door behind him, and got himself undressed and into bed. 

This is a page from my diary!

I have had in the past, 'help she's killing me!' or worse! 'Help- your hurting me- your not my mum!' :o as I am holding his hand wondering how to convince passers by that I am just holding his hand for his own safety and I am not abducting him- when it occured to me that only his mother would still be holding his hand at this point- an abductor would have ran away as fast as they could! :lol:

public melt downs are one of the worst things, if only you had a pocket teleporter so you could just get him safely home when this happens. Being trapped on a crowded train at the time is pure torture. You literally have to just ride it out. My son calms down much quicker if I can just let him go somewhere safe on his own- impossible when still out.

He likes these parties but it just gets him overloaded after or midway thru- so it's do I let him go to enjoy part of it? or none of it.. Its a risk that a blow out will happen, but I usually take it because I want him to have a chance to enjoy the occassions.

His birthday is next weekend but I couldn't face a party atmosphere for the overload melt down risk- so instead I got a few panto tickets for a few friends and hopefully it will keep the charge low? ... hope so. soon find out. :pray: ...

Yeah C says i am not his mum. This usually makes me laugh because unfortunatley for him he looks like me so he cant riddle out of that one. :lol:

Matthew once screamed at us in a public park to go away and stop following him :o He did this all of the way through the park and I expected to be stopped by a Policman at any time asking us why we were stalking a child :o It did not happen. OK I should be grateful but at the time I did wonder what it would take for someone to be concerned enough to step in? When Matthew goes he goes and he was screaming at us not to go anywhere near him and not to touch him again :( Pretty scary.

Carole

PS He's going to a Christmas Disco Party next Sunday :unsure: He wants to go but that's only because my eldest is the DJ. I'm still not sure that it will work out only time will tell?