Sign in to follow this  
Lufty

New Forum - Problems and Suggestions

Guest flutter

i cant log on through aol

YES i know it is one of those providers lol, but is it aol??

dunno why isaying this cos i can get logged on no probs with firefox lmvfao :oops:

OK, after popular public demand we have changed the member ranks yet again, to be honest we were never very happy with the army style ranks.

See if you can spot the not-so-subtle symbolism

Merry Krismas

:robbie::party:

Like the new site lots. I have found no problems. Got to say I liked being in the army but I guess a mountain is ok. Well done and thanks to everyone who has made this site possible

I am exploring the new site ....it looks great, :clap:

but I'll have to get used to it a bit to find it familiar :ph34r:

I changed to some sort of pike, is that a fish or a weapon?

I am exploring the new site ....it looks great, :clap:

but I'll have to get used to it a bit to find it familiar :ph34r:

I changed to some sort of pike, is that a fish or a weapon?

:lol: It's Englands largest mountain (or 'hill' if you are a purist)

:huh: ............what ye tryin to do to me, demi-god......sargeant major.....now I,m a big mountain..........Kris please could I not be twin peaks :whistle: ............ye know reference to the cave???........please >:D<<'>

I have only just got on, tried all day yesterday. Have I missed anything?

Great new look though.

Viper.

Just a quick question and it's probably me. :wallbash:

We used to be able to click on someone's user name and it would tell us how many posts and then you could click on read all posts by that users.I actually found this feature helpful if I couldn't remember all the persons history.Is this feature no longer available or am I going mad :huh:

Guest flutter
Just a quick question and it's probably me. :wallbash:

We used to be able to click on someone's user name and it would tell us how many posts and then you could click on read all posts by that users.I actually found this feature helpful if I couldn't remember all the persons history.Is this feature no longer available or am I going mad :huh:

click on name and up in right corner is a thing if u clikc that u get to what u want

profile option

Edited by flutter

My sent PMs aren't appearing in my 'Sent Items' :o

Am waitng to see if they have been received, or have disappeared altogether!

Bid :hypno:

And I've just realised I can't find the Bump option, even though I got an email saying it was back...

Me too.Let me know if yours have been received.Thanks.I presumed mine hadnt gone anywhere and ended up saying a restricted version of what i wanted to say straight onto the forum!

im having trouble inserting images into my posts,when i preview the post just the url appears and not the picture so im having to hyperlink it instead,anything i can do about that?ALSO....can the posting box be made smaller so we can see the all the smileys like before?i am incredibly lazy and having to scroll my page down and scroll the smilies across is soooo draining ;)

Edited by lindy-lou

im having trouble inserting images into my posts,when i preview the post just the url appears and not the picture so im having to hyperlink it instead,anything i can do about that?ALSO....can the posting box be made smaller so we can see the all the smileys like before?i am incredibly lazy and having to scroll my page down and scroll the smilies across is soooo draining ;)

Are you using the correct tags:- [ img ] [ /img ] (without spaces?)

It should work as it works for me.

The only time it wouldn't,is if image posting is not enabled,or if the link had a space or some other break in it,can't think of any other reason at the moment.

Edited by TuX

yes im using the correct tags tux,i use the insert image link and insert my url but when i preview the post it just shows the link and not the pic.i will try and actually post a pic under this and see if it posts on the forum and just isnt showing up in my preview.photobucket is down at the mo so il try it later.

I would just like to add my heartfelt thanks to everone involved in the forum upgrade, it had gone as smoothly as anyone could have expected.

One thing that has been bothering me is the fact that getting acquiring the new web space etc. must have meant you all putting your hands in your pockets.

While I am sure we are all united in agreeing that this site should never have a subscriotion, it seems unfaitr that you should have to do all the work and find all the cash.

There are a number of people here who would be more than happy to chip in to help with the costs involved. Please don't be embarassed to ask! Maybe you could set upa paypal account for people to make donations to if they would like to?

Simon

Hi Simon,

That is such a lovely gesture and I know you mean it sincerely.

Kris and I very happily covered the costs of the old forum,..but expansion and the need for stability forced our move into this web space. Lufty was quick off the mark to secure everything for us,..including meeting the costs, but getting him to divulge the figure so that I can contribute has been like getting support out of an LEA school!

We will seek external sponsorship, before we turn to the forum members though. :) We wont be asking for donations towards the upkeep of the batcave just yet!

Thanks a million though.

Kindest regards,

Elefan

Englands largest mountain (or 'hill' if you are a purist)

LOL ! :lol: I thought it was Ben Nevis, but I think that's in Scotland . I need to check my English geography :oops:

just seeing wether this pic works or not

nellie.gif

p.s-i would be happy to donate by paypal too.

oooh it worked lol :clap:

I spent hours recreating the 'look & feel' of the forum for the batvent calendar to make it as authentic as possible, then you go and change it :crying:

I spend hours making sure that none of the posts overlap to make it as authentic as possible, then find that they do.

But you'll have to look at the Batcave page one to see Kirstie on top of Carol :o , cos when i tried to attach a screenshot it said: The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error.

I don't make your life harder on purpose, promise :whistle:

Hi,

well I couldn't log in... I had forgotten my password :lol::lol:

Me I like the mountain bit it's so cool... ;)

Well congratulation what a great job. :notworthy::thumbs::thumbs:

Malika.

Hi Lufty

my PM system seems to be losing sent messages somewhere - nothing has been recorded as being sent since the 17th and I know I sent loads yesterday

Zemanski

Unless you specify otherswise by ticking the 'keep a copy' box the PM isn't kept, but on the old system it was kept unless you specified otherwise.

I hope that makes sense!

Simon

Lufty,

I am aware that you have to save your message before sending it but I keep forgetting. :crying: Is there any way of changing it to the old method where every message is saved?

Nellie xx

Hi

My son tried to register on the forum but did not get a reply is it because he used an MSN rather than e-mail account?

Hi stressed out mum

Do you know the name your son registered with please ?

Many thanks

Lufty

Skywalker

Hi stressed out mum

Your sons account looks active to me. Can he try again and let me know how he gets on.

Many thanks

Lufty

Hi Lufty

Since I have been back posting on the Forum I do not receive replies notification :(:oops: even if I put it as a set up in the E-mail setting, anything I should do??? as I find it quite important when I subscribe to a topic.

Malika.