Sign in to follow this  
Brook

Fingers crossed for Gordie..

Keeping everything crossed for you Gordie. :pray::pray::pray:

Brook ;)

I noticed it on the Events calendar.

Edited by Brook

Hope you passed Gordie. Even if you have not you have gotten much further than I ever have. Only thing I can do is to 'drive' my family crazy.

Carole

Awww! Thanks, everyone! :wub: I had no idea there was anything about my test on here, until I was notified in my e-mail about a PM from mossgrove, telling me to get my ar*e in here! :lol:

I noticed it on the Events calendar.

Ah - I wasn't sure if that had appeared on the Calendar or not, coz it wasn't showing for me when I wrote the entry. I only wrote it on Tuesday too. I've just gone to have another look and there it was, but when I tried to edit it, it disappeared again! :wallbash: Maybe a little bug Lufty needs to look into ... or maybe the entries need a moderator's approval before they appear. It's not exactly clear. :unsure:

He must have taken it by now...

Question is, is he out celebrating or drowning his sorrows?

Hopefully celebrating

Gimme a chance! If you'd read the Calendar entry, you'd have seen me end it by saying I would let you know either "late on Thursday, or on Friday" ... and if I'm not mistaken, it is now "late on Thursday"!! :P

they say no news is good news?

:shame: 'Fraid not, on this occasion. :(I failed ... but due to just one silly mistake - going into the right-hand lane of a two-lane roundabout when going straight on, instead of staying in the left-hand lane throughout. :rolleyes: You're only supposed to take the right-hand lane when turning right. The left-hand lane is for when turning left and when going straight on. :oops: (Although I don't think there were any lane dividing lines marked on the road anyway!) The weird thing is, though, that I thought I was doing the right thing at the time! :hypno: That may not sound particularly weird, but when you consider that I had never made that mistake at all during my lessons, and was always doing it correctly (taking the left-hand lane when going straight on at a roundabout), then it's very weird!! :blink: Clearly thinking is a dangerous thing to do when you're taking a driving test! :lol: I was thinking too much - thinking I must surely have to move over to the right-hand lane when that wasn't the case at all. It's better to just relax and go with your initial instincts. Easier said than done though. I'd have passed if it wasn't for that error (classed as a "major", or "serious", error), as I only had 11 "minors" (5 short of what would have resulted in a fail). I thought I'd failed after the reverse (parallel) park actually, as I hit the kerb on my first attempt. But without asking, I just started again, knowing my first attempt was obviously not good enough. I got it right second time around and only got 2 minors for my dodgy first go. :)

I'm cool about the fail though - it's not like it was a disaster or anything, with 10 majors and 100 minors or something. Just a silly little mistake that I'll certainly never make again, now that it's caused me to fail my test, and cost me another ?45.50! I'll just try and get another test now in the next month or so, as it's not like I really need any more lessons. No-one can account for an error like that, and it's not really the sort of thing that more lessons can sort out. I can just treat this test as a (expensive!) practice run.

My instructor-######-best-friend though was far from cool about it. She's amazing, she really is. She cares so much about her students, and with me being such a close friend, that made this test even more personal to her. As a result, she was so upset that I'd failed that, once we'd settled down at her house again afterwards (probably an hour or so after the end of the test), she started crying. :( She was really sad for me. Ironically, I was the one having to console her, instead of the other way around!! :blink:

On reflection, I was fortunate in that I had a nice examiner (called Tony! :D). As I said earlier, he let me have two goes at the reverse park without commenting, and I was also able to be quite chatty with him at times, without it distracting me too much. I'll probably get a right ###### next time though. :lol: However I was unfortunate in that there were resurfacing roadworks going on close to the test centre, literally as I was on my test. They'd blocked off one side of the usual road used to get back into the test centre at the end of a test, as that was the part of the road they were resurfacing at that time. So that meant the test was about 5 minutes longer than it should've been, as we had to go the long way round. :rolleyes: I was also unlucky to get my two least favourite manoeuvres - the reverse park, and reversing around a corner (I hate that with a passion! :angry:). Ironically though, I got the reverse-around-a-corner perfect! :dance: That was despite having practised the manoeuvre on a very difficult uphill corner in my warm-up hour before the test, and really struggling with it. That really hit my self-confidence hard, and I was very frustrated after that. It felt like the worst thing that could've happened ... who knows - maybe it did affect me in the end.

Oh well ... back to the drawing board then!

James

Gordie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Better luck next time, I was thinking it must have been pretty hectic this time of year.

I'm glad I took my test about eighteen years ago, they seem alot harder nowadays.

At least as you say, youve had all the lessons and now it's just a case of it going right

on the day. All the best for next time. ;)

Brook

Awwww,

Badluck, matey :crying:

Dinna worry - you'll get there next time

(You'll notice I didn't post the >:D<<'> emoticon... don't wanna start any rumours do we?)

Ahem - did you see the match last night?...

Awww! Thanks, everyone! :wub: I had no idea there was anything about my test on here, until I was notified in my e-mail about a PM from mossgrove, telling me to get my ar*e in here! :lol:

Ah - I wasn't sure if that had appeared on the Calendar or not, coz it wasn't showing for me when I wrote the entry. I only wrote it on Tuesday too. I've just gone to have another look and there it was, but when I tried to edit it, it disappeared again! :wallbash: Maybe a little bug Lufty needs to look into ... or maybe the entries need a moderator's approval before they appear. It's not exactly clear. :unsure:

Hi Gordie

Really sorry to hear the news but better luck next time and out of bad luck always comes a learning experience.

You are correct in that all posts to the calendar need moderator approval before they are visible.

Kind regards

Lufty

(You'll notice I didn't post the >:D<<'> emoticon... don't wanna start any rumours do we?)

Ahem - did you see the match last night?...

Yes - don't start hugging me, bad boy. :P

The match? What match? Doncaster v Arsenal? If so, I caught the second-half of extra time, and the penalty shoot-out, but that was all (I was still on my way home before then).

You are correct in that all posts to the calendar need moderator approval before they are visible.

Ah, cool - I don't think that used to be the case though. :unsure: Can you approve my edit now then (even though I didn't actually change anything! :lol:)? :notworthy:

James

James,

I didn't wish you good luck just in case I jinxed you.......didn't work, did it. :( Never mind, the best drivers always fail first time!

Look on the bright side, doesn't this mean you might need more driving lessons? :whistle:

Nellie xx

Ah, cool - I don't think that used to be the case though. :unsure: Can you approve my edit now then (even though I didn't actually change anything! :lol:)? :notworthy:

James

Hi Gordie

It should be visible now :crying:

Kind regards

Lufty

I'm on my 4th try next time - I must be really good!!!

I do have the excuse of having a damaged rib and intercostal bleeding the last two times though - I wondered why I had backache!

Better luck next time, for both of us

Z

I didn't wish you good luck just in case I jinxed you.......didn't work, did it. :( Never mind, the best drivers always fail first time!

Look on the bright side, doesn't this mean you might need more driving lessons? :whistle:

Nellie xx

Nope - not really. :lol:*pointing down to the following quote ...*

I'm cool about the fail though - it's not like it was a disaster or anything, with 10 majors and 100 minors or something. Just a silly little mistake that I'll certainly never make again, now that it's caused me to fail my test, and cost me another ?45.50! I'll just try and get another test now in the next month or so, as it's not like I really need any more lessons. No-one can account for an error like that, and it's not really the sort of thing that more lessons can sort out. I can just treat this test as a (expensive!) practice run.

And I've heard plenty of those cheesy clich�s (e.g. "the best drivers always fail first time!") in the last 24 hours or so too! :lol:

It should be visible now :crying:

Oooh - thanks. :) Not sure why you're crying though! :lol:

Better luck next time, for both of us

Yeah - good luck to you too. :)

James

Sorry to hear you failed. It took me three goes and lots of lessons before I passed.

The last thing the tester said to me when I passed was, I am hapy to say you have passed but if I were you I would go home and practice your reversing.......

17 years on and I an still cr*p at reversing. :(

Simon

Ah well - better luck next time Gordie.

Gets me some of the maneuvres they make you do on driving tests anyway - can any of us honestly say that we've found it helpful being able to reverse around a corner since we passed out tests??? :huh:

Hi Gordie,

Sorry you didn't pass >:D<<'> . I do have to say though, the best drivers DO pass second time (like me!) :rolleyes: .

Being in the wrong lane is an easy mistake to make. At least you didn't do something silly like i did. I was so nervous i tried to parallel park with the hand-brake on ! :oops:

You'll pass next time,

Loulou x

Hi James and Zemanski

Best of luck for next time. :rolleyes:

James I did like your story about the test you having to console the instructor that is so cute lets hope that next time you will be celebrating together. :party:

Malika.

Gordie, I think you were very brave to take your test during such a busy time of the year... better luck next time.

Nah - I was just hoping for a bit of Christmas goodwill from my examiner actually, but no such luck! :lol::rolleyes: I also knew that I had to get it in before Christmas, otherwise I'd probably have had a long break just before my test without any lessons (coz of the Christmas and New Year period, if the test was in, say, mid-January). And I knew that Christmas and New Year would be a good time for a breather between lessons if I ended up failing the test (which of course I have!). :)

Ah well - better luck next time Gordie.

Gets me some of the maneuvres they make you do on driving tests anyway - can any of us honestly say that we've found it helpful being able to reverse around a corner since we passed out tests??? :huh:

:lol: Yeah - that's what I thought too, when I was getting annoyed at how difficult the manoeuvre was! :wallbash: Another friend of mine came up with a few reasons why she found it useful, but I wasn't really convinced - I very much doubt I'll need to make much use of it in "the real world"! :rolleyes:

Hi Gordie,

Sorry you didn't pass >:D<<'> . I do have to say though, the best drivers DO pass second time (like me!) :rolleyes: .

Being in the wrong lane is an easy mistake to make. At least you didn't do something silly like i did. I was so nervous i tried to parallel park with the hand-brake on ! :oops:

You'll pass next time,

Loulou x

:whistle: Ummm ... excuse my bluntness, but I'm not sure you can claim to be one of the best drivers out there, having tried to parallel park with the hand-brake on! :lol::P

James