Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

Censorship is alive and well

Hi jaded Please don't feel bad we all say things we wish we didn't i'm an expert on it always upsetting someone. someone once said i was the most rude selfish person they new. thes where my ex foster parents so we can understand so please carry on posting you would be missed Alison

:( .............can,t believe you missed your starring role in the bat cave/advent romp :rolleyes: ..............Jaded Underling :shame: .You have a wealth of knowledge that should be shared via this forum so don,t just sneak about :pray: .Suzex...........see ya in the cave :ph34r:

Just read Jaded's latest reply and have to admit that it takes guts to write that.We all make mistakes at times,which is human nature.Differing opinions are commonplace amongst us but credit where credit is due.I know everyone has big hearts on here and I for one have missed seeing jaded's posts.By the way,to everyone connected with running this site.....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,IT REALLY IS APPRECIATED. :clap::clap::clap::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi jaded -

So glad you'll be sneaking back in the new year...

The place just wouldn't be the same and all that...

Quick tip - This really amazing person I know tipped me the wink that Tesco's are selling off their GF/DF Xmas puds at half price. Get in there, hen ;)

L&P

a beaming baddad :D

jaded,you have given me lots of good advice in the past so please dont stop posting and giving your opinions,if not im going to start up a petition to make you come back,like the one to get deirdre out of prison in corrie :lol: if i knew how to do large print on this b***** computer i would write Come back jaded In massive letters but i cant!come back anyway!!

As if by magic!!

This moderating thing aint all bad, you know ;)

Jaded - Pleeeaaassssseeeee don't go!

You have given me great advice in the past - and a giggle in the batcave!

Don't go - we'll miss you too much >:D<<'>

Just tip-toeing in whilst nobody's looking to say how much I wish I hadn't posted this thread.

I've only just had a moment or two in between endless clearing up to have a look beyond day three of nemo and baddad's Twelve Days. To say that I feel like the grouch that stole Christmas is just a little bit of an understatement. Sorry for being such a spoil sport.

I'm going to take a break from posting for a while, as I am out of step with the concensus on this forum on a number of topics. It gets a bit time-consuming editing my views into carefully worded statements, and benefits no-one.

So, Happy New Year to you all, and I'll be back in the New Year sometime just to read the Batcave, you understand, and not take part in any debate whatsoever.

Hi call me jaded

A constructive expression of views is always welcome on the forum.

It would be a boring life if we all thought the same way, lived with the same moral values and behaved in exactly the same way. Thankfully this is not the case so there are bound to be differences of opionion from time to time.

Please feel free to continue making postings. You might not get agreement from everyone to your point of view but that should not stop you from posting to the forum.

There is a fine line between censorship and moderation and we hope we have it right.

Kind regards

Lufty

All families have their spats don't they? Hell we all post about them often enough here. So we can not always agree - that's life but it does not mean that we can't remain friends does it?

Welcome back - Hope you stay >:D<<'>

Carole

PSThe Grinch that Stole Christmas is alive and well and lives in our family so it's defo not you woman :lol:

My mum passed away a few years ago. She was one of the few people I could really talk to. She listened to my ramblings without judging me, and valued me for who I am.

My point is this site has given me a few of those qualities I have missed.

Friendship

understanding without judgement

compassion

No one is perfect and we are all entitled to our views, as long as they are given the same importance and understanding as views we may not entirely agree with.

This site fills a special need for me and long may it continue. Thankyou.

:crying: See jaded, told ya........you would be missed too much. so haste ye back ( and i really wish i could do that big writing thingy too!!) hope The New year is a good one for you, and there's no need to apologise missus. You have your opinion and thats what is so great about being here we can all feel comfortable enough to air our views.

Speak soon. ;):thumbs:

Love Kirstie. :wub:

Awww Jaded >:D<<'>

I'm truly hopeless at expressing myself outside of the education forum, so please bear with me.

I assume this thread is in relation to the recently closed topic? Jaded, it is so easy to be drawn into an emotive thread where the originator starts something and leaves others to pick up the pieces - it happened to me once.

Going back some time ago a new member posted about their abhorrence to a certain type of therapy. I decided to post a reply. I didn't agree or disagree with their viewpoint, but I did challenge their outlook on the subject by offering my own opinion. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, however, my reply only angered the originator who went on to post a personal attack against me. There were only two moderators here at the time, Elefan and Kris. They were very concerned about the tone of the thread and made this clear to the originator via public posts. Simon Mossgrove stepped in to publicly defend me, I was so grateful to him for his support because I did feel very much alone at the time. The moderators suggested to the originator that an apology was due to me, but the originator then went on to criticise the moderators judgement call. At that point in time an advocacy website was already hosting a link to Krism, the originator made a public threat to report Krism to the advocacy website, with the intention of getting Krism's link withdrawn. I realised that I had inadvertently compromised the forum, so I decided that it was in Krism's best interest that I leave the forum.

I didn't have the courage to inform Elefan of my decision to leave, so I Pmed Kris instead, who I knew would be away that weekend, but somehow Elefan soon got to hear of the PM.

After some time and after reading one of Elefan's heart-warming public posts I reflected on the thread which had caused so much upset, I took on board the wonderful support I had received and I Pmed Elefan asking her if I could come back to Krism. Thankfully she greated me with open arms.

The whole experience taught me a difficult lesson. If you look through the many emotive and debatable threads you'll see that I haven't offered my opinions on any of them. I do have opinions, they are important to me, just as important as everyone else's opinions are to them, but I now tend to keep my opinions to myself, simply because sometimes expressing an opinion isn't really worth the hassle or the upset that it's causes to oneself, or to others.

Call Me Jaded, you are a valuable member of this forum, don't go quiet on us because we need you. You may consider yourself to be a lone voice at times, but where would some of us be if we didn't have an individual who was prepared to stand up to be counted and have the courage of their convictions?

This forum is professionally moderated... it's a forum which I'm proud to be a member of.

Take care all, Helen.

Edited by Helen

Helen,

That was lovely!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience though, but glad you made it back again! :clap:

Guest flutter

i use anohter site not to do with asd,

i hae been abused, called names and belittled many times, mods never acted on the right things, hubs even called the charity on my behalf cos i was soo upset. ( it was a charity based site ) Many times i got abused cos i asked peeps to be a bit mroe polite to others

they do here, and i am very glad, i acutally feel that we have suddenly become closer, cos of the great xmas thing, we all have a great deal to give, and share and we should

tc all

C xxx

My point is this site has given me a few of those qualities I have missed.

Friendship

understanding without judgement

compassion

No one is perfect and we are all entitled to our views....

Well said pumpkinpie

Hey jaded

Variety is the spice of life as they say, sometimes we need to hear others opinions even if we don't agree. Please don't leave as a result of this, as I'm sure you can see from previous posts that you will be sorely missed.

Hurry back. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Edited by neda

I'm going to take a break from posting for a while, as I am out of step with the concensus on this forum on a number of topics. It gets a bit time-consuming editing my views into carefully worded statements, and benefits no-one.

Jaded, I also find it time consuming drafting my replies to posts, and often the topic has moved on before I get round to posting at all. Since my long posts on another thread that the moderaters felt necessary to step in on, I dread to think how much time I've since spent drafting and redrafting replies that I then didn't post. I've pretty well decided to give up contributing to anything that could get remotely controversial. I also feel out of step sometimes, but I just don't have the time, and have decided its just not worth the stress. But I'm going on holiday next week, and by the time I get back I may have changed my mind! :lol:

Hectors house originally recommended this site to me. At the time I was 'hanging around' the tes site desparately trying to get some help for my 2 AS children. Looking back I think I was on the point of cracking up. I did get some abuse on the tes forum. Lots of you have said it already but I have been saved coming here The advice, support and laughs is something I hadn't experienced for many years. Whatever I was going through there was usually someone else who had been there. I seem to remember one of my first postings when I had a bit of a pop at zemanski (sorry Z :whistle: ) I had been so used to being under attack from all sides that I sometimes did not appreciate views that were different to my own. What all of us share on here is the hope for tolerance and understanding. I hope to see ALL of you back here with all of your brilliant and different opinions. Please don't leave me now :notworthy:

LKS, some of my fellow 'professionals' over on TES need a bit of a reality check! I will hand one out too from time to time as well! Sad to think that some of them are in a position to carry their ignorance into schools. On here the only 'attitude' I see is an accepting one. Jaded...get your bum back in here!

Edited by phasmid

Coming late to this and maybe going OT......

As a relative newcomer and outsider to Krism I can sort of see where CMJ is coming from. The general forum consensus struck me as fairly anti any sort of biological intervention or anything vaguely 'curative'. I remember reading a few threads about ABA where it sounded like doing this was akin to child abuse - I exaggerate but there are some strongly held opinions on both sides of the fence. TBH I am fairly sceptical about a lot of biomedical interventions so such viewpoints suit my personal feelings but I know there are parents out there who do want to go down these pathways, have found them to be helpful or who are looking for a cure of sorts.

We are all united by the ASD umbrella in one way or another but I wonder if parents who are more biological in their approach might be put off by a forum where the majority are not despite the unifying ASD theme reducing the diversity of input in places like this? Then again maybe it's simply a reflection of human life that you gravitate towards people who share your opinion and feelings. Maybe there are other ASD forums where most users are strong advocates of biomedical interventions and searching for the ASD equivalent of Lorenzos oil? Or maybe because I'm fairly new here and just dip in and out I've got a skewed viewpoint?!

Liz x

I am late coming into this thread and much of it does not apply to me as I don't have a child woth A.S. but all I wanted to say was this forum has been a godsend for me as an adult with A.S. and how i wish it had been around when my daughter was so ill with autistic encephalitus.

Just to add she did follow the gluten free, everything free diet! And yes she got better.In fact she made A FULL RECOVERY.

Was it the diet?I don't know and neither does anyone else.

Chemical diet intervention might be right for some children but not for others.

I think we are each entitled to our beliefs but we need to make sure that we respect other peoples beliefs as well.

Come back call me Jaded you have helped me out many a time. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Jaded

We all at some time have strong views on things. I enjoy reading many of your posts and you have some good advice to offer.

What I am trying to say is dont give up posting, most of us enjoy your posts. It would be a boring world if we all thought the same.

Nikrix

Edited by nikrix

Jaded,

That's a real shame. You only felt that way because you probably felt you had more to say on that topic and perhaps felt cut off.Everyone is different and has different views and I feel that this is a place to air those views.If you decide to stop posting because you think your views don't fit then you have denied other people gaining a different perspective.No one person has all the answers.

We all really appreciate this forum and the care that the moderators show for us but we also really appreciate all the people who regularly post and make up this family. I've read your posts before and appreciated what you have said and i will miss you.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I have finally got round to "catching up" and at the risk of going round in circles, i feel i have to say that it was good the topic was closed.

My main point being? a few people had forgottent to respect other peoples opinions, whatever happened to agreeing to disagree?

I saw something that shouldnt have happened on a wonderfully supportive site like this and i totally agree with the moderators choice to close it down, and i see this thread as an "opportunity" to continue this heated discussion.

Everyone's situation differs, i myself have an "easy aspie" as long as routines are adhered to andi make good use of social stories then things are relatively smooth. i am lucky i know and on the flip side of the coin there are people in a much worse situation.

CMJ you have been rather brave but your wealth of knowledge of biological interventions is gold to any parent considering these options and would be a great loss to us so please reconsider.

I think we should try to be more considerate that everyone has their own opinions and shouldnt try to force them to change, after all ASD is individual and so are the interventions that may work or not....

i see this thread as an "opportunity" to continue this heated discussion.

Perhaps, niki. I'd actually put quite a bit of effort into drafting something which explained how the medical profession uses the term 'risk' when applied to 'diseases' such as autism.