Sign in to follow this  
hev

big family row

we had my family round boxing day evening and i was really enjoying myself,steve was being good so i felt very relaxed anyway my sister turns up with her newish boyfriend,i was pleased but in behind them came this massive dog of his running about ,my sister knows im wary of dogs,also ive got a 2 year old and i had text my sister earlier on to say dont bring the dog,i said to her lets put the dog out the back for a bit,the boyfriend didnt look very impressed but i just couldnt relax with my daughter around so we put dog out the garden.

then they let the dog in and i could see my partner was getting uptight and he said to my sister can you put that dog on a lead please,they never did,he asked again and they said the dog wouldnt hurt anyone at which point my dad jumped up and said my partner was being stupid and he was going home as my partner was being horrible to the dog!!then my dad started being threatening with a stick,god it was horrible,hes never like that,i know he had too much to drink and he said sorry to my partner after,then steve had a major meltdown which i understood,im just so annoyed with my sister,i was having a lovely christmas,i cant stop thinking about it,her boyfriend was saying we was like it cos the dog was a staff,it wasent that,i just think they could have had the decency to put him on a lead or not brought him at all,its my house,sorry this was long but i had to get it off my chest(not the dog!!)also the boyfriend only went to light up one of his happy fags in my frontroom and looked put out when my partner told him to smoke it in the garden,i dont care if i dont see them again,im so annoyed :angry:

Hev,

What a blooming cheek they had, I'm not surprised you got upset.

Sorry it all ended in an arguement, but a little respect would have been nice.

Brook >:D<<'>

Guest flutter

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

they were lucky you were as udnersanding as you were, it is soo hard to make peeps get rules in a home, they have no respct

:angry: ..........Hev is this the nightmare sister who took Steve to the pub when she baby sat him??...........sounds like a pretty horrid end to a lovely day.I can,t understand why anyone would feel the need to take their dog with them to someone elses house!!!!!!!!!!!!.............we have a dog and she stays at home when we go anywhere.As for lighting up a spliff :o ..............you,ve every right to be really p*ssed off, they were out of order and should apologise :angry: .

poor you hev >:D<<'> its your home and what you say goes and everyone in it must respect your wishes,my sister has a staffie too and although shes a lovely dog and i love her to pieces if she comes to my house with her,the dog stays outside,same goes for smoking drugs in your house,your kids are there for goodness sakes!!!!!!! :angry: i would tell you sister if her and her boyfriend dont like the rules and cant stick to them then not to come around,you did the right thing by standing by your principles

Hev >:D<<'>

What a nightmare! How dare they treat you like that, i'd be furious too >:D<<'>

I think lindy-lou's right, you have to set some ground rules - if your sis and partner can't stick to them, then they don't come around. And as for lighting up ..... :angry: .......

Hope you can sort it out >:D<<'>

you're quite right to be angry with her and her boyfriend. My kids Dad likes his Happy fags and i won't have it in my house, each to their own and all that but it aint for me! He has his orders when he gets the boys, no funny fags and no drink!!

hello suze,yes it was the same sis who took steve to the pub :angry: we are talking today but it hasent been mentioned,all she said was was that they had a lovely night boxing night!!im so glad she did cos i b##### didnt!!i just feel i get stressed enough as you all know without people being so ignorant and not caring about my feelings,maybe she hasent mentioned it cos she feels bad but i will not be inviting her to my house again,i know lifes too short and all that but im trying to be more assertive this year,ive noticed when im assertive people fall out with me!

Hev,

Sorry you had such a horrible time, families are a nightmare. My sister insists on taking her dog to my parents house although she knows he barks at my son. We have our own dog and I wouldnt dream of taking her with us. He has now developed a fear of dogs (except ours) because of this ruddy thing. In fact I put the thing in the garden when no one was looking just so that we could get through our meal without any hassle. All hell was let loose because they thought he had gone missing, I had to pretend I had suddenly seen him in the garden. I cant believe people put their pets before our kids

Never mind, its a whole year before next Christmas!

Love Lorainexxx

Hev,

Sorry to hear this incident put a dampener on your Christmas. It's your house and you make the rules. You keep being assertive, if people fall out with you, it's their problem.

I really sympathise - our house is a dog free zone too (because of the cat). I also had an unpleasant confrontation some time ago with my father about smoking in the house. Now he just goes quietly outside to smoke.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the festive season.

K