Sign in to follow this  
Viper

I don't get PM notification anymore

I just logged on and a box popped up with PM's in it, I didn't get the red notification thingy at the top like I used to. Is this a new thing, do I have to check my PM box to see if I have any? I didn't know I had any messages so I must seem very rude. :oops:

Viper.

Edited by Viper

I just logged on and a box popped up with PM's in it, I didn't get the red notification thingy at the top like I used to. Is this a new thing, do I have to check my PM box to see if I have any? I didn't know I had any messages so I must seem very rude. :oops:

Viper.

Hiya,

The PM box should have appeared when you got a PM. I have to admit I'm not as impressed with the PM notification box as I was with the old forum software. I'll see if Lufty and I can find a decent replacement.

Anyone else seen a problem with PM notifications?

Kris

i have never really used the PM feature before now

so i don't know what it used to be like

but when i logged on a wee box popped up to say that i had a message

do u still get a notification when ur online? or does the box only pop up once u log back in again?

I don't mind the box so much, it's just that I had a pm that was 4 days old and didn't know about it. As SD said, do we only get a notice when we log in or do they pop up when they are sent. If we only get them on logging in we might not get new messages until the following day, which might be a bit incovienient if someone needs help straight away.

Viper.

I don't mind the box so much, it's just that I had a pm that was 4 days old and didn't know about it. As SD said, do we only get a notice when we log in or do they pop up when they are sent. If we only get them on logging in we might not get new messages until the following day, which might be a bit incovienient if someone needs help straight away.

Viper.

Hi Viper

I get the notice box appearing as soon as I get a new PM.

Kind regards

Lufty

Viper.

Hi Viper

Also just a thought to check your personal profile as there are two settings which affect the display of PM notifications.

Go to "My Controls"

Then "Board Settings" under "Options"

Make sure :-

"Do you wish to get a board notification when you get a new personal message?" is set to "Yes"

"Disable your personal messenger" is set to "No"

Kind regards

Lufty

It's not really a big issue, but I must say I liked the old red pm message better. (all the other changes are great, though :) )

K