Sign in to follow this  
something_different

christmas dinner

just asking out of noseyness!

as i am curious to see who all has the traditional stuff

I had homemade soup followed by ice cream and a flake

so i spose i skipped dinner

yum

also my mum sent me out to buy juice b4 xmas and i came back with lucozade as it was on 'special' BOGOF

mum laughed and said that u cant offer guests lucozade when they come to vizit! ha ha i like lucozade tho. oh well.

she said she had some shloer in the cupboard tho

we had prawn cocktail to start,roast beef and all the trimmings for dinner and we never had a pudding as we were all so full we had to unbutton our trousers :huh:

On christmas Eve we had...

lamb shanks.. with mint jelly and gravy...MMmmmmmmm

roast potatoes

sprouts

peas

sweetcorn

mashed swede and potato

cauliflour

yorkshire pud

for tea..... and I made enough for lunch the next day and just microwaved it.....

###### lovely and no washing up and messing about in the kitchen... :clap:

Then we had a big salad when the family came round in the evening..............

We had all the traditional stuff too, at my parents in law. I haven't cooked Christmas nosh for about 15 years!

We started a glass of bubbly, then the usual ham and turkey, stuffing, sprouts, roast veggies, cranberry and bread sauce. Christmas pud/ trifle/ fruit salad to follow then cheese and coccies for those who still had room.

We picked on the cold leftovers with pickles, salad, cheese and bread the day after - I always prefer this to the original meal, actually.

Hi,

we had spaghetti bolognaise for our xmas dinner.

Tell you what, there wasn't half as much washing up to do @ a trad xmas dinner :thumbs:

I (personally) would have enjoyed it more if there had been sprouts in it! I love sprouts (hate parsnips though).

Cheers,

TEMARU

I hate sprouts so much (I call them the devil's dumplings :devil: ), but I have begun to force them down recently as I read somewhere that they have some vital ingredient that prevents cancer- or maybe it's heart attack - can't remember which. My daughter loves them.

Have you noticed how they explode in the microwave? :o

Hi SD -

we had pot roast guinea fowl, baby jacket potatoes, sausagemeat, pine nut and apricot stuffing, leeks, broccoli, cauli, bread sauce, redcurrent jelly. Lemon gravy made with pot roast stock.

Followed by, Xmas Pud, Brandy 'butter' and 'cream'. Whole lot was gf/df and though i say it myself abso-flippin-lutley deelish!

We've been on salads ever since (which are equally deelish, but not quite in the same way!)!!

Oh, and washed down with 'Bucks Fizz' (Ben) Guinness and Cava (me). yum, hic, yum...

L&P

BD

I wasnt cooking but still managed to break a new acrylic fingernail when I tried to interfere. :crying: Hubby said that served me right. We had the biggest Chicken you could imagine. You know the change is bad thing. :party: We had stuffing, yorkies pasnips and sprouts, "Oh excues me it smells" and christmas pud, kids had vienetta. Didnt eat it until 3.45pm. Why does that always happen it it only the same as a Sunday dinner and it always takes longer. :( ?

Oh and lots of baileys too, the best bit. Hubby had to get bed clothes on for me. lol

As it was only me and my two kids I don't have the time or the inclination to spend hours in the kitchen only for the pair of them not to touch their meals. It's a waste of time and money and food and it meant I could spend more time with the kids and not worry about what my ASD daughter was doing while I was busy :wacko:

So instead I got lots of buffet food, all kinds of snacks and treats and wejust grazed as and when we felt like it. Daughter had her usual ice cream, raisins, banana combo :thumbs: She's only recently learned how to ask for ice cream so at the moment it's her latest obsession, I had to make sure there were at least 5x 2 litre tubs in the freezer so I didn't run out while the shops were closed :pray: Fortunately we made it through but I had to go and buy more yesterday :hypno: