Sign in to follow this  
Lufty

How did you find this forum ?

Dear All

Over the years www.krism.org.uk and lately www.asd-forum.org.uk has become a useful resource for many people touched in one way or another by Aspergers, ASD or Autism.

The hosts would like as many people as possible to use the forum and in doing so share their vast wealth of advice and information for the benefit of all other members of this forum.

In order to do this we need your help to provide feedback on how you found out about www.krism.org.uk and lately www.asd-forum.org.uk.

For instance you might have been recommended to the site by an existing member. If this is the case we do not need to know who recommended you to the site but simply the fact that you was recommended to the forum by an existing member.

You might have come across a link to this forum from another website or forum in which case the website page or forum topic would be really useful if you have this information.

You might have performed an Internet search using a search engine such as Google or Yahoo search in which case we would like to know which search engine you used and the keywords you entered to search with for example :-

Search Engine: Google

Keywords used: +ASD +Forum +UK

Many thanks in advance

Lufty

Hi,

I searched on google for 'autism forum' and consequently it took me some time to go and look at, and join other forums before I found krism by going through them all !

I never looked back :rolleyes:

wac

P.S. I don't think a parent of a newly dx child would know the term 'asd', I think this hindered my search.

Got to agree with Waccoe, when I first started searching I was searching google using autism, aspergers and adhd and don't recall seeing anything about Krism :oops: . I wasn't aware of ASD acronym until I came on to the forum. I got here by recommendation from an existing member.

Guest flutter

i have just put aspergers into google

and found us on page 2

google was how i came here origonally

C xx

the day indy got her DX i put aspergers and asd forum into google,this was the 1st one i clicked on and here i am :clap:

Was trying to find SEN forums through a google search when researching for my dissertation. I remember typing in loads of differnt combinations of search terms via Google UK. I cannot remember though which term I typed in that led me here. Whilst my research questionnaire was running I had a page with the better SEN links I found listed including Krism (the page is still there and the address for this site has been changed to the new one).

Also, as many of you know I am active on the Times Ed website. I will often point people this way as it is simply the best UK based ASD forum that there is! Word of mouth is one of the best ways of spreading the word about this forum and I do so on the net and in person.

Edited by phasmid

Was trying to find SEN forums through a google search when researching for my dissertation. I remember typing in loads of differnt combinations of search terms via Google UK. I cannot remember though which term I typed in that led me here. Whilst my research questionnaire was running I had a page with the better SEN links I found listed including Krism (the page is still there and the address for this site has been changed to the new one).

Also, as many of you know I am active on the Times Ed website. I will often point people this way as it is simply the best UK based ASD forum that there is! Word of mouth is one of the best ways of spreading the word about this forum and I do so on the net and in person.

It will take a while before the old KRISM address dissapears from all the various search engines. Hopefuly it will dissapear at the same rate that the new name is working its way into the search engines :)

It might help if we try 'doing a google' for the forum, I read somewhere that the more hit's you get on google the further up the listing you get bumped. Might be a load of rubbish but, if it works, 1000+ searches might help!

Search engine, not sure which now but used the term "Aspergers syndrome" I think it must have been quite high on the list as I rarely go to the second page of a search.

Viper.

I found out about Krism when our local autistic society received business cards from Krism advertising their site.

That was in October '03.

Nellie xx

I googled 'Asperger' & got the link there - but I think it was on the second or even third page (I was desperate, by then!).

Just a thought - I know Kris wants his Krism domain back, but 'Krism' is a memorable word, i.e. if you pass the details to someone and they don't check it for a while, this name is more likely to stick with them. (I know I've recommended the site to people who don't feel ready to use it just yet but may in the future) Is it possible to have the new asd forum come up, if someone googles 'krism'?

A

It might help if we try 'doing a google' for the forum, I read somewhere that the more hit's you get on google the further up the listing you get bumped. Might be a load of rubbish but, if it works, 1000+ searches might help!

Hi phasmid

We have optimised the front page for Google and have submitted it for inclusion in their database. We have noticed the Google spiders having a sniff around the www.asd-forum.org.uk site but we have not been included in the database as yet.

Kind regards

Lufty

I know when I set my website up for my questionnaire I was asked by it (if that makes sense!) if I wanted to register it with the likes of google. I don't know how you could go about doing this, save contacting them directly.

I know when I set my website up for my questionnaire I was asked by it (if that makes sense!) if I wanted to register it with the likes of google. I don't know how you could go about doing this, save contacting them directly.

Hi phasmid

I have software which enables me to optimise the website for search engines and also submits the site to all the search engines directly. Interestingly although there are hundreds of search engines they all use only a few spiders to index the Internet. Google being the main indexer.

The new site has been submitted but it can take 6-8 weeks to appear in the search engines.

Kind regards

Lufty

i got the krism link from another website...... www.themainproject.co.uk

i have noticed that since they updated their site the link is no longer there......i'm sure if you wanted it back on though they could put it in their community area

I found this forum when my daughter was newly diagnosed last year through the links page on the Autism London website - I can't remember what I was doing there in the first place. I was desperate for info on SEN and until then most of the sites I came up with were mostly USA based.

The page with the krism address on is here.

I remember getting an e-mail into my inbox about the forum but I cannot remember who it came from :oops: But it must have been from someone on here so who ever you are sorry :unsure:

Carole

I was on another website someone put a link on for this site saying their was more on it as the old one wasn't very active. they where right i never went back to the old one :huh:

I came here vis a link on the OASIS doscussion board in the states, I can't remember who posted it but it must haver been dead early on because I am member number 5.

I still go on there every few weeks and let any UK-based people on there know we are here!

Simon

It was my husband who searched (via Google) for an ASD site and found Krism - he took the initiative and signed me up as a member.

Until then I wasn?t aware that such forums existed.

my mum was a member,she said it would help me,i was sceptical,how could a forum help me,i was so wrong!!thanks mum for being so bossy,ive never looked back!!

An existing member and fellow student recommended I join as she said everyone is welcome, not just those directly affected by ASD. I must say that I've learned so much from you all. Being in Special Ed. I didnt realise the struggle many of you have to get diagnosis, statementing and entitlement to support in mainstream!

I wish it was easier for you all and I think that this site is a brilliant source of support and advise for anyone who as any involvement with ASD. I think all health and education professionals should be encouraged to look in on this site fom time to time. It's an eye openner!

SV :george:

I think all health and education professionals should be encouraged to look in on this site fom time to time. It's an eye openner!

Thats not a bad idea you know!

Search engine, not sure which now but used the term "Aspergers syndrome" I think it must have been quite high on the list as I rarely go to the second page of a search.

Viper.

Yes me too, i just googled it and this was the first one i found, wasn't looking for a forum as i didn't know they existed really, and particularly not for asd's. A term i hadn't heard of before this forum either! I'm so glad i stumbled across it though! :clap:

Well I walked five paces to my left, round the christmas tree, left at the fish tank and sat in the puter chair and there it was in my fave's :devil:

Sorry couldn't resist. :P

Viper.

I was given this link by an exisiting member who I met at an NAS Help! programme.

I was wary, initially, because of my experience of some forums, where "flaming" had proved difficult to control and left one feeling uncomfortable and slightly depressed, even just as an observer.

Krism has proved to be populated by the kindest and most well-meaning people I have ever come across. The determination of "Krismites" to keep the tone of the site "supportive" is, I feel, it's greatest strength.

I admit that I have passed on the link to both professionals and parents that I have met, as the wealth of knowledge, in terms of "living it", on this site is truly phenomenal.

VS xx

Googled it, can't remember what keywords I used but likely something obvious. Remember the name Krism standing out as the only Krism I knew of was Holy Crism used in Baptism and Confirmation!

Lx

I was searching for Aspergers and didnt come across alot so then searched autism only on AOL and this forum was one of the choices :thumbs:

jayne xx