Sign in to follow this  
Lufty

How did you find this forum ?

can't remember exactly what I was looking for - especially as I usually avoid forums - but I linked through from the Hallam university site

Oh, I remember, I was looking up 'the resource' and that guy with the funny name who wrote a book about it.

Zemanski

I found this site on a link on a home ed site id read everything else but never bothered looking at the forum page im so glad that i did now . thank you for being here x :notworthy:

I googled autism forum, this was the first one I looked at and I've never felt the need to go anywhere else! It was a friend of mine who suggested I look for a forum but I'd never been on one before. If I hadnt known about forums I would have probably googled 'autism help advice' without really knowing what I was looking for?

Well this is a bit of a vague memory now, if you look at the date I joined! ;)

But I think it was just someone posting about this place, when it was brand new, on a forum I occasionally checked, but no longer check. I'll check it now though, so you've got the URL to hand. :)

Okay - I've find the exact post in fact! :D

This is it:

http://pub44.bravenet.com/forum/3697544294/fetch/142519/3

And the site where it is based is:

http://www.angel-images.com/adhd&as.htm

I got to the post in question just now by clicking on the "Adult Message Forum" link on the left-hand side, then going to Page 3, and then scrolling down to the post entitled "UK Based Forum" written by Andrew on September 9th, 2003 at 10:48am. :) (I joined this forum 8 days after that post was made.)

If you can't be arsed to look, the post reads as follows ...

I found a small forum on the internet that looks brand new at http://www.krism.org.uk

Looks like it could be pretty good and theres already a couple of people posting on it that could do with some help.

Might be worth a look. This is a cool site by the way. Loadsa good stuff. Really glad I found it.

Andy

James

I found it on one of my many searches for answers to questions. I am thankful daily that I did find it; without this forum I wouldn't be half as clued up as I now am. Just wish I'd found it years ago. Better later than never though!

I was just looking at the keyword metadata entry here:

<META content="ASD, Aspergers, UK, forum" name=Keywords>

and I suspect the reason why it's not registering higher is that the googlebot can't find any keywords.

The standard format for a keyword entry is:

<meta name="keywords" content="pianos, leeds, piano tuning"

I'm not absolutely certain, but am fairly sure that googlebot would recognise the current keywords as content, not keywords. The same would hold true for the description.

Is there any reason why the metadata is set to be in Arial? It's the first time I've ever come across the font tag used in the header text, and I can't see the point. Then again as it is done in MSHTML, rather than standard HTML, who knows what Microsoft are trying to bring in now, or why.

Also the keywords should be expanded to include asperger, asperger's, Aspergers syndrome, autism, autistic, adhd, krism, special needs, SEN and so on. Google allows well over 30 keywords before getting dubious, including up to 3 repetitions (in separate phrases) of the same word. Minimising is not optimising. Specific keywords relevant to the different areas (Education, Medicine, etc.) for the pages in those areas will also improve visibility in Google. You don't have to use the same keywords throughout the site. In fact it's better if you don't.

hope that helps

nemo

Edited by littlenemo

i also found it through google doing some research on asd,then i also recomanded it to my big sis pretty pallimino, and now she has also joined.

I found in on another forum that I use www.moneysavingexpert.com. Whilst I was looking for all my usual bargains noticed they have a Marriage, relationships and families section and thought I'd try Aspergers in the search - got some postings up that included this web-site.

Excellent site for money saving ideas, especially the chat forums 'grabbit while you can' and the 'discount codes'n'vouchers'.

Googled forums and came accross OASIS. I registered with them, put in a few posts and decided it wasn't very friendly. I finally asked if there was a uk based forum as i felt that the OASIS forum was very much used in the USA. Within in an hr i had a reply that led me here...... :notworthy:

I have not looked back....it is soooo friendly, and 2 addictive, thanks for makingme feel welcome. :D

I was given a link to krism by someone on a parenting forum for people with ME/CFS after I'd reported getting a provisional dx of AS.

Karen

x

This is a late response, but sure you are still interested in stats. :)

I found this forum through clicking on a link in a post from a forum in Australia. I was always amazed by the amount of people on this forum, especially with teens.

In Aussie I belonged to two forums the first one only had about 50 members and another one with about 15 members. Many of the members belonged to both so cant remember which one had the link.

This one certainly rules :thumbs:

:)

Very dull and boring but I seem to remember that it was a Google search that dragged my sorry soul over here

I found the forum quite by chance. I used to spend night after night on the internet reading up on ASDs. If I recall correctly, I typed something in Google like Aspergers.

I recently went on the Help! programme run by NAS. None of the other 12 families had heard about this forum. Have to say, I was singing it's praises. I've found that this has been the one source of help that's kept me sane. It's also a community where you get to know others, it's a source of comfort, etc.

Caroline.

I put a search into Yahoo, something like 'aspergers forum'. This was the first one I looked at, so I count myself very lucky indeed to have found it. :P>:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

From what I remember I had decided to find a forum, after finding an MD forum really helpful and supportive, and put autism forum in a search engine, and bingo........can't put into words how wonderful this place is :D:D

I was on the forum for one of the companies that runs TEACCH courses. It wasn't a very busy forum but one day I read a post that adviced another member to come here to ask something. I decided to have a look and found your far more active. I expect I'll be staying for a long time as you all seem really friendly and happy to give advice to anyone be they a parent or professional. :D Thanks, David.

I heard Kris and Elefan found it all wet and bedraggled in the gutter, half starved and almost dead :o:o

They took it home and nursed it back to health with warm milk from an eye dropper - E taking the day shift before walking it round to K's for the night - until eventually it found the strength to stand on it's own ickle matchstick legs..... :tearful::tearful:

Look at the size of the great, fat bloated beggar now!! Cuckoo! Cuckoo!! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD ;)

I did a google search for autism chat rooms and found link to this forum and a couple of others, which i chose not to bother with as the sense of support and knowledge shouts out from here. So glad i found it it has made such a huge difference, im on here almost everyday now!

Think I came across this forum just by chance when trawling the net for info on ASD's and thank goodness I did, here I feel so welcome and at home and where I belong.....thank you thank you thank you.....

Clare x x x

WELL, there I was on the Big Brother forum.... I joined it last summer, my first ever venture into forum life (what a baptism of fire that was!) as I'd got interested in the whole Pete/Tourettes/disability debate & couldnt resist having my two pennyworth.

I got to know some FM's there, the ones with SEN children particularly seemed to have a radar for each other, & one in particular was a member here & told me about it!

I wish I'd found all you lovely peeps years ago, I have recommended it to loads of people as its such a supportive place to be.

WELL, there I was on the Big Brother forum.... I joined it last summer, my first ever venture into forum life (what a baptism of fire that was!) as I'd got interested in the whole Pete/Tourettes/disability debate & couldnt resist having my two pennyworth.

I got to know some FM's there, the ones with SEN children particularly seemed to have a radar for each other, & one in particular was a member here & told me about it!

I wish I'd found all you lovely peeps years ago, I have recommended it to loads of people as its such a supportive place to be.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I googled "Autism Forums" and this place was one of a few that came up, But I liked the look of this one.......and also the tempting animal magnetism of BADDAD!!!! :lol:

I felt at home here as soon as I joined, and I told Pearl about it, and pets74...I know them both from a BB forum and we all have lots in common, so glad they both came over to the DARK SIDE!! :ph34r:

Edited by ellisisamazing

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I googled "Autism Forums" and this place was one of a few that came up, But I liked the look of this one.......and also the tempting animal magnetism of BADDAD!!!! :lol:

I felt at home here as soon as I joined, and I told Pearl about it, and pets74...I know them both from a BB forum and we all have lots in common, so glad they both came over to the DARK SIDE!! :ph34r:

Well I wasnt going to name the guilty, Lisa :lol:

I also won't tell them how norty you are over there either :lol:

Edited by pearl

Hmm, to what I can remember I was seeking information/advice at the time for ASD, DLA appeals etc, then decided to to a 'google search' then came across this brilliant site, best thing ever !! :clap: and thank goodness I did, lots of issues resolved and everything I needed to know was all on here, and since then my blood pressure has come down :dance: , so its all thanks to having this fantastic site and lots of lovely members on here. :thumbs:

Thank you.

Cheers Di xxx :D