Sign in to follow this  
trd

Bad day

Hi

Just been diagnosed with as so am going through a bit of a 'coming to terms' period. 29 now and as meant nothing to me until 6 months ago (just thought I was odd).

Anyway...perhaps because it's xmas I feel so left out of stuff. I only have about five friends and they are mostly work related and busy etc.

Just wish i had the ability to make friends in the past. Seems like i am playing catch up all the time and missed out on a LOT of stuff in that department.

Know i probably sound like i'm feeling sorry for myself but i do feel like an outsider.

Just wondered if i was the only one?

hello

>:D<<'>

welcome

you are not the only one

sorry i am not good with what to say

but wanted to welcome you anyway

everyone on here is great

You have friends here. You're not feeling sorry for yourself at all, not in an indulgent manner at least. Your feeling lonely and a bit isolated. We can't be there for you in person but we can in cyber space >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

:clap: .............you are an outsider no more ......so welcome >:D<<'> .The diagnosis can be a shock even if you were expecting it, there are many people here who have AS themselves , were a friendly bunch so you,ll make lots of cyber friends. Suzex.

Hi i can identify with that. It's not nice to feel like an outsider. As a child i felt like an alien i hated school i disliked people and i was convinced my family had adopted me as i was nothing like them . Even today i cant spend more then a few hours with them. As for making friends i gave up they either think i'm weird or i upset them. It can seem lonely at times which can really get depressing. you know where we are so keep in touch you can always pm me Alison

Hello and Welcome >:D<<'>

This is a great place and you are certainly not alone here. I know that you said you thought you were just odd. Well you are not odd you are you AS or not.

Welcome aboard.

Carole

You're all very kind...feel a bit cheerier now.

I do have some really good friends but the problem is i can't always get in touch with them as much as i'd like to...sometimes find it difficult to understand when someone is too busy to chat with me.

Although I really like having friends i do find it an ENORMOUS pressure to maintain those friendships. I just hope they understand that too! Hope it's not asking too much.

And it being xmas doesn't help when i'm on my own!

you will always find someone here

infact i have just recently started using this forum again

but i am glad i did

everyone on here has been great :thumbs:

i think i may be overusing it at the moment tho ;)

making up for lost time i guess

i have gone from saying noting at all to posting a fait bit in the past couple of days

Edited by something_different