Sign in to follow this  
something_different

The AQ test

just found this in Steve's forum

My score was 37

Psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen and his colleagues at Cambridge's Autism Research Centre have created the Autism-Spectrum Quotient, or AQ, as a measure of the extent of autistic traits in adults. In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher. The test is not a means for making a diagnosis, however, and many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger's report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

no doubt this has been posted here already

but thought i'd post it anyway.

hope you don't mind

SD x

Edited by something_different

I took this test the other day don't wont to say the score but it was a shoke i got verry upset over it now

Hi

I took the test and I got 37 too.This wasn't a shock for me because i had already realised I had a.s.

With these kind of tests i think they do obviously rely on how well you know yourself.So I think it is agood idea to sit down with someone who knows you well and do it with them as well.You may think that you don't do something for instance but in fact you do if you see what i mean.

The results came out as i expected a definate aspie!!

Adamsmum

Dont be too hard on yourself your you and thats whats important. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

i think these things can often be hereditary.

hmm maybe i should do it again with my mum then ceecee

and i do not have an AS diagnosis

have always just thought i was a bit different

hence the name SD

i didn't know weather to come back to this forum or not as i wasn't sure if i belonged, as i have not been around really since i joined back in August.

But glad i did come back as everyone here is soo friendly

SD

No problem with posting this test. It has been posted here before.

Personally, I believe this test should be done without someone else's input. They may know what you're like, but they can't know how you think.

Nellie xx

now you are confusing things nellie

is it best to do the test with or without input of others???

SD,

It's entirely up to you. My husband is diagnosed with AS, we have been married for 28years but I would still find it difficult to answer these questions for him.

Nellie xx

Did the test but when I clicked the link for my score, it came up with 'Internal error'! :( Grrr!! Thankfully I backpaged it and my test is still there with answers but can't get to my score!

I took this test before but can't remember the score and wasn't truly truthful so waiting to see now. :)

i had to calculate the score myself as it came up with an error message for me too

their is a list at the bottom of the page saying what answers you get points for

Something Different

i dont have an A.S. diagnosis either but i am practically certain I have it even more so since doing the test.You don't need a diagnosis to recognise that you have A>S> Many people with a.s. never have a diagnosis they don't feel they want need or require one.It's personal choice.

Nellie

I didn't mean doing the test for someone but what I meant was just someone sitting beside you and kind of a joint imput.Not everyone with A.S. is always ware of how their A.S. affects them and others.Some things I do that are in all likely because of my A>S> I didn't realise until hubby told me.Then I thought about it and realised he was right. :(

I scored as 34.

My Mum scored as 15.

Edited by ~Jonathan~

Hello everyone

I took the test scored 44 I have had it on my site for a while I had taken it before but didn't attach my score, so thanks for visiting something_different I have added my score now. I don't really think it's that important or anything for one to place too much emphasis on however. Thanks again. One you can try however, is the Eye Test which will give you an idea from the perspective of a person with AS to read facial expressions, this I have also placed in the forum, personally I struggled with this one, personally being on the spectrum they all look the same to me.

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Tutor of Winston Churchill to Lord Randolph Churchill,

Winston's father

thanx Nellie

I scored 18 in the EQ test

Your EQ score is 18

0 - 32 = You have a lower than average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. Most people with Aspergers Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20. On average most women score about 47 and most men about 42.

I just took eq test got 11 whats that mean. i'm a bit concerned :( . whats worms and politics got to do with it. I don't like either :huh:

I just took eq test got 11 whats that mean. i'm a bit concerned :( . whats worms and politics got to do with it. I don't like either :huh:

Don't worry too much about the score. It might help point you in the right direction though. Anyway...it's sometimes hard to objectively test yourself. I'm sure I'm hard on myself sometimes and end up exaggerating a little here and there.

Think the worms thing is about being interested in how things work...and a basic empathy test too I expect.

The politics thing probably relates to 'being in a world of your own' and therefore not seeming interested in wider issues.

Just guesses really.

yes that sounds right. Now you said it seems obviouse :oops: Thanks Alison

I got 24

My DP got 45, kind of confirming what I have thought for a while, he possibly has AS

Edited by lil_me

A WORD OF CAUTION

These tests are not designed to be diagnostic tests.

The only way to diagnose AS is to have assessments carried out by clinical professionals with a high expertise in Austistic Spectrum Conditions.

Bid :bat:

Yes you are right Bid, some believe these online tests are a confirmation and I don't think they are as a lot is based on answers given and people can and do lie.

And we can only wish that clinical professionals with a high expertise in Austistic Spectrum conditions are who those seeking diagnosis are put into contact with, this is not always the case unfortunately and incorrect diagnosis is far too common. I doubt we would ever consider seeking a diagnosis for my partner as I don't believe we need to.

Yes that is true

these online tests can't confirm weather you have AS or not.

but it is interesting to see what result you get.

Yes your right these tests are only a guideline but if you all ready suspect you have a.s. then do the tests and they come up with scores indicating you may well havea.s. then it tends to heighten your suspicions that you might be right.

I did the wired one myself a few days ago (although on a different website as the wired one let me get all the way through and then conked out :angry:

My score was 41, which was a little worrying, but as I've got through life ok it's not the end of the world to me :)

I did the Empathy test and got 16.

I scored 33 on the AQ test and 18 on the EQ test.

Should I be worried?

Nikirx

You got similare results to me

i got 37 in the AQ and 18 in the EQ

You got similare results to me

i got 37 in the AQ and 18 in the EQ

Do you have a dx? I've had a quick look at your posts and I dont think you have.

I did notice one thing, When I was younger I had a fear of phones, I know it sounds silly but I could not talk on them and I noticed you had the same problem.

Nikirx

nope i don't have a dx

I'm just a weirdo!

not saying that you are weird!

Just saying that i am!

Nixrix and Something different,

You both got similar results to me I don't have a diagnosis but i stongly suspect i have A.s. Genetically i believe this to be the case as well.I too didn't like phones when i was younger.I am not too bad now though.Sometimes i have to write down wha i need to say :rolleyes: