Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

Stephen wiltshire on the honours list

anyone remember him he is the young man who draws fabulous pics of buildings in great detail after only seeing them once.

he has been named in this years honours list.

Thats nice to hear. Theirs a lot of people on their that have done nothing to deserve it isn't their

Hello you people,

I remember Stephen Wiltshire, he is the Autistic Savant who has a Prodigious Drawing Ability and Visual Memory he had originally taken part in a In February 1987, the BBC aired a program on Savant Syndrome entitled "The Foolish Wise Ones." One part of the programme featured a then twelve-year old autistic boy, Stephen Wiltshire, St. Pancras station was in fact the place in which he had visited for the first time briefly several hours before. While recorded by camera, he drew an elaborate and complicated interpretation of the building exactly as he had seen it with the clock hands set at precisely 11:20, the hour he had viewed them.

I personally think it's great in the fact that this young man born in 1974 has now been recogonised in full for years of producing some of the worlds most finest drawings from memory.

Darold Treffert, MD of the Wisconsin Medical Society has actually given me permission to use on my personal website, various frequently asked questions on the subject of Austistic Savant/ Savant syndrome- the Wisconsin Medical Society are along with Darold Treffert MD leaders in the field of Savant Syndrome

Here is the URL of Stephen's website hope you find it of interest.

http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/index.php This is a nice site well wortth a look at

Did you know :- How common is savant syndrome?

Approximately one in ten (10%) of persons with autistic disorder have some savant skills. In other forms of development disability, mental retardation or brain injury, savant skills occur in less than 1% of such persons (approximately 1:2000 in persons with mental retardation). Since these other forms of mental disability are much more common than autistic disorder however, it turns out that approximately 50% of persons with savant syndrome have autistic disorder, and the other 50% have some other form of developmental disability, mental retardation or brain injury or disease. Thus not all savants are autistic, and not all autistic persons are savants.

If you want more information on Savant Syndrome, then take a look at the Savant frequently asked questions , follow the site map on my website (the address of which is in my personal profile ) under the heading Asperger Syndrome, just scroll down the page and see for yourself. If you use the link pages within you will find more information on the subject and infact a list of the world's most Prodigious savants.

Steve..

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Tutor of Winston Churchill to Lord Randolph Churchill,

Winston's father