Oreo Cookie

where can I build a website

Oreo

I don't know

maybe Lufty will know

Oreo

I don't know

maybe Lufty will know

You can get free webspace from just about anywhere these days.

Just stick 'free webspace' into google. You'll get loads of hits.

If you want to pay for our webspace and domain hosting then try Easily, Fasthosts or 1&1 but there are thousands out there.

Kris

I think this is the best place to start for finding a decent webhost:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

A lot of hosts have representitives on there to answer questions,and there are hundreds of people online at any one time,giving reviews,opinions,looking for help etc.

It is a way of finding out what host to choose,what host not to chose..

Entering a hosts' name into the search engine should give up lists of review threads about them,but people will also advise on hosts to choose if not sure and make a thread with requirements and budget.

It's only for paid hosting,but it is worth the money getting a paid host (if going to use it to it's full potential) as free hosting is often unreliable and usually have adverts or pop ups on them,plus the data transfer/bandwith allowed is very low,they would delete the account if it went over the allocated bandwith.

I recommend US hosting as it's cheaper,UK hosting is usually more expensive and less of a deal.

I was with Valuehost for 4 years until last month (would have changed had I not been overwhelmed in the process of moving hosts),the less I say about their unreliability the better.

It looks complicated to me too Oreo

ISP = Internet Service Provider, as in who you connect to thw internet with. This might be AOL or BT Internet or Wanadoo or somebody else.

If you look in the box in my signature below it will tell you!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Oreo - are you feeling OK - no one is watching you Kris removed your address from MSN so no one can see you here.

Carole

Oreo I know the sign is disturbing but i think its meant as a joke

Thanks adamsmum I have only just read what the notice is saying :(

Oreo - Adamsmum is right this is meant to be a joke but I can see why you would not think that it is funny :(

Carole

I got upset the first time i seen it my old man had to calm me down :tearful: It is a bit frigtening at first

Oreo please take bag off head

Oreo it is just a little joke, noone can see you, I know what you mean about the picture it can seem a little strange if you don't know.

If you goto http://www.danasoft.com/ you can see where people get those signature pictures from.

Edited by lil_me

Nobody was being watched. The singnature was just meant to be a bit of fun, but hasn't turned out that way.

I have removed it and it won't be coming back.

Apologies foir any upset I may have caused.

Simon

Oreo. I don't think Simon is upset. He just didn't know it would scare you. He would not want to frighten anyone.

Viper.

I am not upset any more I understand it is a joke and not true that you can see me (Oreo just emailed me that - thanks for posting your not anrgy)

Edited by DAS999

I want to make a website. I know how to use the program and how to upload it but I do not know where I can get webspace. Can I get it from a shop?

yea i can build websites to but i dont whant to pay for hosting it and i dont whant to use a free website hosting service as i would like to learn how to host it myself (im good with computors but new to svr's)

I use hPage Website Builder because it has everything. I registered my domain there, got my custom email, 300 awesome design templates, website statistics, secure SSL encryption, mobile responsive designs, photo galleries, guestbook for visitors’ messages, appointment calendar for important dates, contact forms, link list, sending of newsletters directly to subscribers’ e-mail, member area, password protection, pinboard, shoutbox, sitemap, aan audit log to track website changes, own a domain, create e-mail addresses, and much more.

hPage - https://www.hpage.com