Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Help!! can you tape this for me??

Hi everyone,

My children are desperate to have a copy of the Dr Who Christmas Day special " The Christmas Invasion" which is being repeated tomorrow (Sunday 1st) at 7 pm on BBC 3. Because we don't get extra-terrestrial tv we are unable to partake of this. My brother in law can't do it either - apparently Freeview doesn't allow it. :huh::wacko:

If any kind soul is able and willing to record this for us tomorrow please pm me. I will happily pay expenses ( postage and replacement video etc). You will make two children very happy. :)

K

Hi tigerlilypeaches etc...

I recorded this on DVD for ben on xmas day... Provided that i haven't recorded over it since (!), i should be able to duplicate it for you.

If you KNOW. tell me which sort of media your DVD player prefers - + or -, and i'll burn accordingly. If you don't know, we'll try minus first and if that doesn't take we'll go the other way.

PM me with the details and an address to send the DVD to, making sure you sign your REAL name, or the deals off!! ;)

L&P

BD (who's real name is Tarquinflimbimlinbreakerbreakerursaminorf'tangf'tangolebiscuitbarrel [pronounced Luxury-Yacht] ) ;)

You can tape from freeview, but the freeview box needs to plug into the back of the video instead of directly into the telly.

PM me if that doesn't make sense.

ASDA are doing Freeview boxes for 27.99 at the moment, so there's no excuse not to get one.

Simon

Simon, my family are going on at me about it as well, so I have a feeling I will eventually lose this particular battle!

I don't particularly watch much telly so the idea of having more channels doesn't exactly thrill me. I've noticed that all the decent stuff seems to be moving off the terrestrial channels though. :wacko:

Not sure why my brother in law said he couldn't tape Freeview - (he's actually a BBC producer so should know what he's doing :lol: )

i am looking for a copy aswell so if there are any other spare one could you let me know please my darling (asd) hubby taped over it before i could watch it :oops: