Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Just called the police

Have not rung me as they usually do at New year and I have rung all day without any reply. They don't drive and I have rung my brothers and sister but they haven't heard from them either.

If they had gone out they would still have rung, my mum told me she would ring me at Midnight when I last spoke to her on Friday.

I can't go round as we live an hour away. I wish I had rung last night but I thought they must have gone to bed. They are old, Dad is 73 and Mum is 67

Viper.

The police said they will send a car round to check things out.

I thought about the phone not working but they would use a neighbours phone, they did last time. I'm just hoping they haven't realised the phone is not working. They live in a very rough area, where I was brought up, I know what it's like round there.

Viper.

I don't want to ring them anymore, I hate to think of them laying unable to get to the phone but being so desperate to.

Viper.

I know it's hard to stop your imagination, but try and distract yourself a bit untill you hear back from the police.Make a cup of tea and try to breathe deeply.

i was going to bed but i'm going to make myself a cup of tea and try to wait with you.

P.s you mentioned the neighbour, do you know their name or number? I'm sure you have already thought about it but ..just a thought.

Thats the annoying thing reuby, They know the lady next door very well but I don't know her number so I can't ring her.

Thanks for all your suport. Iwish the police would hurry up.

Viper.

Hope all is well.

Steve..

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Tutor of Winston Churchill to Lord Randolph Churchill,

Winston's father

Hope they are ok

I hope they are both ok.I was also just looking in before bed but i will stay on line to wait for your post.yr not alone we are all here with you.Tsmom

Panic over. My dad just rung from the polic's mobile. Their phone is out of order. They rang my sister from a neighbours phone yesterday and told her but she didn't pass on the message. I tried ringing my sister earlier and my nephew said he didn't know anything.

I spoke to the police and they said it is a good job they were still up as they were just about to knock the door down. :o

I said sorry for causing so much trouble and she said it's nice to know someone cares.

Viper.

glad that they are ok

Aint it always the way? You worry like hell then when you do something about it you feel ###### stupid.

I always over react to these things. I wouldn't be so bad if I lived nearer but I have no way of getting there in a hurry.

Oh well I am going to have a nice stiff Brandy now. Medicinal of course. :whistle:

Viper.

Worrying means that you love them and that you care. I bet that they are really pleased that you were worried enough to do something. But your sister may get a few harsh words.

Carole

Just read this post now Viper. So sorry I wasn't online lastnight for you but had an early night.

So please to hear your parents are ok, what a panic eh! (((HUGS)))

If you can show them how to use it mobile pay as you go phones are extremely cheap now, might be an idea as a birthday present or just something to give you peace of mind at times like this, I would also get the neighbours phone number. It can also be handy if they are out and about and something happens, we have bought relatives mobiles for this reason, for our peace of mind.

Pleased to hear they are ok and all is well >:D<<'>

I am glad everything turned out ok in the end Viper. I know how this feels. I have an elderly aunt who lives alone and she is awful for forgetting to put the phone down properly so the engaged signal can go on for days. It drives me mad, I know shes probably done it again each time but I couldn't live with myself if she'd not and there was something wrong. Each time I drive down there and put the phone on the hook and told her off but she keeps doing it. I'd like her to carry a mobile phone, that would help in situations like this but being 78 she thinks they are the invention of the devil and won't even concider the idea.

Mandxx

Lil-me, that's a great idea, it's my dads birthday on the 2nd of feb so I will have a look at a mobile for him.

They rung me this morning, from a neighbours phone. They are on ****** as a phone provider and they wont come out and fix the problem until after the holidays?

They are going back to ******tomorrow but I think I will contact ******* to tell them about the trouble their cr*p service has caused.

Viper.

(Names removed by moderator Bid)

>:D<<'> viper,

just read this and i'm so glad all is well, you must've been worried sick, and i don't think you over-reacted atall!!!

big >:D<<'> to you and your parents!

Glad the panic is over and that all is well.

Mobiles are grate for when the land line is down. If your going for pay as you talk look in the the different companies as a friend of my families got one for "emergencies" and did not use it for about 1 month and when he did come to use it because it had not been used for so long the network had cut it off!

Hello Viper,

Ive only just read your thread, Im so pleased they are ok, what a worry. They are the same age as my parents and sis and I bought them a mobile for Christmas.

Dad confided in me yesterday that he was worried Mum was forgetting things. Mum then told me about 10 minutes later that Dad repeats things he had told just told her! I had to laugh to myself, it must be like living in a Monty Python sketch. Both of them are ok but at this time of year they are stuck indoors with just each other to speak to.

Roll on the warmer weather.

Love Lorainexx

Hi viper,

Just caught up with all this! ######! I bet you were worried. As you know if it hadn't been for my mum's mobile before Christmas...

Also, if they are returning to B* then you can get them registered as vulnerable customers. This provides priority repairs 24/7 - I couldn't really fault them whem my phone played up during the switchover to broadband. But a cheap mobile for emergencies can be a life saver - ask my mum!