Sign in to follow this  
Oreo Cookie

I don't understand

I was told I had to put this in hear and not the general box because it is not about ASD. But it is making my head hurt because I can not stop thinking about it.

How can someone be born in 287 and die in 212 they would have been deaded 75 years before they were born. Archimedes wa born in 287 and dies in 212. i looked him on the internet because I like his name

Its before christ, so it works backwards.

Hope you understand that.

so he was born 287 years before christ and died 212 years before christ. Which made him 75 when he died

Edited by nikrix

ah nikrix your clever

ha ha

am sure u are!

This year is 2006. It used to be AD meaning Anno Domini (in the year of our Lord) However as many people are not of the Christian faith this has now been changed in academic circles to C.E or Common Era. Count backwards down from 2006 to 1 then start to count from 1 upwards (There is no year 0) It might help to draw this on a line. These numbers from 1 up are called BCE or Before the Common Era. So someone could have been born in 287BCE and died in 212BCE and lived 75 yrs. If you picture this on a line he was going towards the year 1. Hope this helps, love Kat

Use a line like the one below to help

1000bc______500bc_______jesus born______1000ad_______2005ad

bc means before Christ, ad means after he died. This means that before jesus dates go backwards, someone born in 1000bc and dying at fifty would have lived until 950bc.After Jesus the dates go forwards so someone born 1000ad and living fifty years they would die in 1050ad.

I hope that helps

Edited by phasmid

I think I get it. Do you mean christ as in good because i did not think he was born he made the world. thats what people tell me any way but they also say that not every one believes in god and i saw a program about a big bang.

Oreo

This question is difficult to answer because I do not want to offend anyone or their beliefs.

When people are referring to Christ in this strand, they do mean the good Christ.

Some people believe that Christ is God's son. They believe that God created the earth, but then He saw that humanity needed some help. Therefore he decided to send His son to earth to help us. God didn't want to frighten people, so he decided that the best way to do this was to arrange for a woman to give birth to His son. That way everyone could get to know Jesus better as he grew up & they wouldn't be frightened by Him.

Some other people do believe in God and Christ, but they do not think that God created the earth, they think that it was created by a big bang in space.

Some other people do not believe in God and Christ and they believe that the earth was created by a big bang in space.

I hope that makes things a bit clearer and I do apologise if I have offended anyone - that is not my intent - I was just trying to help Oreo understand some of the things on this thread a bit better.