Sign in to follow this  
oracle

New Carpet covered in Mud

Matthew has just spent the last three hours playing at my front door and on the field, which our Close is built around. He has been playing with two friends and all of their new remotely controlled vehicles and dinasaurs. It has been a delight to watch them and hear them. And it's also given me an opportunity to work on the local newsletter with Lap top on knee and blinds pulled open.

They have built obstacle courses and had races and really have had a brilliant afternoon. A couple of bigger lads just came and joined in and I went to make sure that everything was OK - and that was when I found it :o About 6 inches of mud ground into my 'new' passage carpet :crying: Not only that they have been running up and down the stairs and into Matthew's room :crying::crying:

It's my own fault the six inches of snow on the field has only just gone. I should have known that the field would now be a mud bath.

Still Matthew's happy :thumbs: and it is only mud - well I hope it is :unsure:

Carole

The boys did this at old house. they ran over sitting room carpet it was 2hrs old i cryed :crying: Still they cant see the problem with it can they :wallbash: You got to lath really

Boys - you gotta love 'em!

No really - your not allowed to use thier hair/favourite duvet/bestest teddy to clean it up.......... :devil:

Doesn't white wine take out stains? Sure i read that somewhere.....sounds like a good excuse to me! :wine:

Boys - you gotta love 'em!

No really - your not allowed to use thier hair/favourite duvet/bestest teddy to clean it up.......... :devil:

Doesn't white wine take out stains? Sure i read that somewhere.....sounds like a good excuse to me! :wine:

I am going to try that right now! Seriously. I can't use the coventional clearners because David has Asthma and so do I and they just trigger an attack. White wine here I come...........

Carole

Edited by carole

Best off leaving it until the mud totally dries out, then brush it off with a very hard brush, followed by some Troubleshooter 2000.

I have a beige carpet and five kids - best I can recommend :) - the Troubleshooter, not the kids :lol:

Carole, you don't have a lot of luck with new stuff, last time it was the new sofa :blink:

I like the white wine idea :thumbs: solves all problems.....except hangovers

IT WORKED The white wine worked. The front passage is now mud free. I did hover it first and then I used half a bottle of Champagne :o That my eldest bought us for Christmas and half a bottle of cheap plonk - but I can't say that one was better than the other they both worked :D . I have ran out of wine now so I am off out to buy another couple of chepo bottles. The house may now smell like a wine bar but the carpet is spotless :thumbs:

The best bit is that is has not affected me or David. I personally like the smell ;)

Carole

Edited by carole

IT WORKED The white wine worked. The front passage is now mud free.

Really?? Blimey, i've amazed myself............i'd better get in some more plonk.......just incase of accidents, you understand :whistle::whistle::lol:

thats great

glad the wine worked for you

Sugar free lemonade also works well on carpets too. The bubbles help to 'lift' things out of the carpet. Sugar free means no sticky patch. This works on red wine stains - we know, we've had to use it more than once!

soda water is cheaper than wine and has no smell. Don't know if it works though but the bibble theory is the same.

Viper.

but the bibble theory is the same.

How many have you had Woman? :lol: I will try the soda water before I attempt the stairs and Matthew's room with the wine - all the more for me to drink :thumbs: I did of course use a clean damp cloth to make sure that it did not dry sticky and I have to say I am impressed with the results. Hope it all works as well on Matthew's room?

Carole

I wish I could remember to do a spell check before hitting the post button, but then we wouldn't get as many laughs. My typo's seem to get worse. :lol:

I am wearing a plaster at the moment but I'm not "plastered" Yet. Anyone would think I was sniffing your carpet. :lol:

Viper.

I borrowed a steam cleaner from a friend - I'm going to get one soon - works wonders - even on trodden in 'Winder'

:lol: