Sign in to follow this  
Steve_colour-se7en

Is there a cure for Neurotypicality?

The term NT has in this case been used instead of its full title - Neurotypical, it is quite frequently abbreviated to NT, a term used by some autistic individuals and even by those individuals who study them. It refers to people whose neurological development is normal. Please have a look at the following website - it is not to be taken seriously though, and as such please dont be offended, the content of this site is a parody. It is not to be taken literally it is basically a fake institute (apparently? <grins>) with the sole purpose of finding a cure for neurotypicality There have been some people who have found this particular site (isnt.autistics.org) offensive, it is essentially a complete humorous turn around on how autistic people can be viewed by society.

http://www.isnt.autistics.org/

Steve..

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Tutor of Winston Churchill to Lord Randolph Churchill,

Winston's father

Mmmmm, complicated lot those NT's arent they, well, I should know I'm supposedly one of them. :lol:

I have certainly not been offended, found it quite amusing and maybe a bit too truthful. ;):)

Brook

Hello Das999

Glad you found it so, it's only in fun <grins> the writer of the Institute in question, is a man called Steve who after 41 yrs not on the spectrum finds that he now has a diagnosis as such.

Steve..

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Winston's father

I have often said it is all a matter of numbers. Just because there are more NT's in the world we think we are right. Who decides what is "normal"? It seems to be a case of majority rules.

Viper.

Hello Brook,

Glad you were not offended, it is not my intension to do so.

Steve..

Winston's father

does the test not actually work then??

coz i did it and it didn't work. :oops:

Guest flutter

funny

just a shame that there is all this differentiation ( wow big word for me and i not use spell check lol)

tc all

C xx

Well I thought it was quite funny :lol: and i tried the test but it didn't work, Maybe i am too strange for the test to determine what i am................................................... :blink::lol:

Madmooch

:lol: ..............visited this site before and it amuses me every time.I had thought of printing it all off and handing around a few copies to the bullies and their parents at school :devil: ............strictly as a form of educating them and their angels on the subject of their condition :wub:

Brilliant. Having experienced much of the NT view of life from friends, family and teachers in reference to our AS son (e.g. "All he needs is a kick up the ?$%^"), I can certainly relate to this. It also made me laugh, which is always good therapy....:)

Steve,

This is fantastic.

Great timing too- i needed a bl**dy good laugh. Made me think i really should get around to being assessed, though. The NTs look far more deviant and unfathomable than the ASs from where i'm standing.

Have we met this mysterious 41 yr old, newly dx-ed Aspie?

Or are all resemblances to real individuals purely coincidental?

Thanks again,

Natasha

It certainly tilts the playing field of life the opposite way by identifying NT people as the ones with a problem brain. Whoever has produced this website has courage and it would probably get them into serious trouble in certain countries. I suppose the conflict between AS and NT people all boils down to numbers now.

Hello everyone,

The test will not work, it is not a proper test, it is as stated just in fun?

Canopus, it would seem to be the case, there are indeed certain countries that may look unfavourably on certain aspects of the site .

I quite like planet earth, particularly England.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also placed a picture of my son and myself, suppose you might say it's a Life drawing do you think we look similar? Click the link then scroll down the page. http://www.colour-se7en.co.uk/kids.htm

Steve..

Winston's father

Edited by Steve_colour-se7en

Canopus, it would seem to be the case, there are indeed certain countries that may look unfavourably on certain aspects of the site .

I quite like planet earth, particularly England.

I always thought that with a few possible exceptions such as North Korea, China, and Afghanistan, England is the most authoritarian rule-bound nation on planet earth. Anyone who challenges the majority consensus in England is seen as possessed by the devil !

I am convinced that England is the ONLY country on earth that prohibits its citizens from displaying its national flag.

Hello Canopus ,

Maybe I should refer to you you as Alpha Carinae as such it would seem, that you are the brightest star in the southern constellation of Carina, you are also the second brightest star in the sky, second only to Sirius. you have a visual magnitude of −0.62, and you are also 650 light years from Earth.You shine brite within my post

I wish to ask do you also have an intense interest in the stars.

Thank you for your reply.

Steve..

Winston's father

Hello Malika, and asereht,

Glad you found it so.

Steve..

Winston's father

I read this site a long time ago and was impressed by the humour. Certainly makes you think 'who are the 'normal' ones after all????'

Thanks for reminding me of it :thumbs: